testtest

Why I Carry with an Empty Chamber — Should You?

I would switch to a .38 spcl. snubbie, something like a S&W 642 Airweight.
1693607993544.png

Everyone knows the
1693608071431.png

Is way cooler. ;) :devilish:
true story

Like everyone on this thing, I have thought about this a lot and have my own opinions, as do we all... for me this is situational relative to where I am and what I am carrying. If I am pumping gas at QT downtown, of course I am hot, if I am on the farm, perhaps not, depending on what I am carrying. Like everything in life I do not think there is any one size fits all. Like the Israelis train to draw rack and fire in under two seconds, and the fanny pack dude can get his gat out of his fanny pack, rack and fire in under 3.5 seconds, I can see how that works, except for the one handed part... of course of the actual amount of folks on here who have ever had to draw and fire plus do it one handed is probably close to zero. We are all preppers. Nothing wrong with being prepared though. You do whatever it takes for you to legally carry.

In all seriousness, years ago I was in a situation that the only handgun I could lay my hands on was a Davis .32 with questionable safety. Don't carry, carry a SA with no safety, or empty chamber. I choose empty chamber. JMHO each to his own.

FWIW, I deep conceal carry a XD-E with one in the chamber, hammer not cocked, manual safety On ... to me it feels weird carrying a striker fired pistol cocked and chamber loaded, carrying appendix waiting for my pecker to take a round, no thanks. By the way, training and practice really is the key no matter which way you carry. I hope to never have to draw, but if I did I've practiced enough to flip off the manual safety and go to work.

I live in a small retirement community south of Tucson, and I usually carry a Ruger LCP .380 in a pocket holster. Loaded chamber, of course (I'm a Gunsite graduate). Most likely threat would be a rabid coyote or confused javelina. If I'm going into Tucson, my choice is a .45 ACP Ruger SR1911 Lightweight Commander in Condition 1, carried in a Dillon Apache slide.

Back