testtest

Why This Forum?

Curb appeal is what prompted me to join this forum. The forum was obviously active and simply looked like a good forum. I didnt see a bunch of locked/closed threads which (to me) the absence of such things usually indicates that the forum does not have troublesome members or overzealous moderation.

I have found the discussion here to be interesting but I have also noticed that there is a huge tendency to "drive-by link drop". Which simply means dropping a link as if : lookie lookie, and is not followed by any meaningful commentary, analysis or thoughtful contribution. We can all find links on the internet, I would hope to find a discussion when I click an interesting title to a thread. Finding one sentence and a link is a little disappointing. If I could ask one thing of my fellow members it would be to contribute toward the discussion that you hope to start by dropping a link. If you read the associated article, please share your opinion relating to the subject matter. This is a discussion forum, lets discuss things.

Curb appeal is what prompted me to join this forum. The forum was obviously active and simply looked like a good forum. I didnt see a bunch of locked/closed threads which (to me) the absence of such things usually indicates that the forum does not have troublesome members or overzealous moderation.

I have found the discussion here to be interesting but I have also noticed that there is a huge tendency to "drive-by link drop". Which simply means dropping a link as if : lookie lookie, and is not followed by any meaningful commentary, analysis or thoughtful contribution. We can all find links on the internet, I would hope to find a discussion when I click an interesting title to a thread. Finding one sentence and a link is a little disappointing. If I could ask one thing of my fellow members it would be to contribute toward the discussion that you hope to start by dropping a link. If you read the associated article, please share your opinion relating to the subject matter. This is a discussion forum, lets discuss things.
I could not have said this any better.

Ok, if you can find the links on your own that’s fine, I won’t waste your time or mine trying to find ones that’s interesting for this forum, all’s required is a statement of what the link is about, the rest is up to whoever wants to read the link then a conversation starts and it goes from there, sorry if I inconvenienced you or anyone on this forum.

Last edited:
Ok, if you can find the links on your own that’s fine, I won’t waste your time or mine trying to find ones that’s interesting for this forum, all’s required is a statement of what the link is about, the rest is up to whoever wants to read the link then a conversation starts and it goes from there, sorry if I inconvenienced you or anyone on this forum.
Anni, you keep posting those links! And everyone else that posts links, keep it up! I don't have enough time in my day to spend on surfing the internet for these kinds of articles or info. It's nice to be able to jump on here a couple of times during the day, and check those links out. If the title of the link isn't something I'm interested in, I don't read it. And if it's something I like, I respond to it, and if I have the time, I'll comment. Don't let "that guy" stop you from what you are doing. I appreciate what you post!

Hey Anni, don’t sweat it. I post links the same way & I ain’t gonna stop when I come across something I think worthwhile to share on this forum. If members don’t want to read it nor comment on it, it’s their choice, as no one is forcing them to.

Hey Anni, don’t sweat it. I post links the same way & I ain’t gonna stop when I come across something I think worthwhile to share on this forum. If members don’t want to read it nor comment on it, it’s their choice, as no one is forcing them to.
You guys are spot on so don’t change what you do, some people want to be spoon fed. If he wants a conversation he can start one, we all do it, if it’s something that interest me I respond if it doesn’t I move on.

Okay please allow me to say this without upsetting anyone. Posting of links is greatly appreciated Anni, Talyn and a couple other members are doing a great job keeping the forum relevant and alive with their links. Personally would I love to see more of what Talyn has been doing lately? Absolutely when someone puts their take or even a quick overview of the article in the original post that drives the conversation and helps keep the thread on topic. Where as just dropping a link doesn’t really grab attention of a lot of silent members. Would I personally suggest a 3-5 link drop a day limit per member? It probably wouldn’t hurt. However think about this. This forum is alive solely due to member contributions. So unless the mass of silent members want to come out of hiding and start making content and starting conversations the forum staff really can’t and won’t do much about posted links. So for the members that contribute the forum thanks you. For the silent members that read but don’t really comment, come join us as you can tell there is truly a lot of great guys and gals here. Start a conversation ask a question, offer some advice. I know the founding members can seem intimidating at times but they don’t bite hard. If they do that’s what us staff members are here for.

Keep posting the links, guys. Depending on the content of the link, I may not post much commentary, but that does not mean I didn't enjoy reading it and/or learned something. I suspect those of you posting the links are probably in a similar boat.

And it does help keep a forum alive if folks will jump in, even if they do not have a 400 word response. So like KLGunner said, jump on in!

This forum has excellent curb appeal but content is what will keep good members. It would seem perfectly reasonable to me if "link drops" had it own sub-forum or was limited to something like the "knowledge" forum. My comment was not intended to be a grievance so I will refrain from further comment on the matter. Best regards

I enjoy this forum for all the folks more knowledgable than myself. Not into social media. Stumbled on the forum while searching for a Saint. Wish I could find the posting rules, are there any?
Welcome to the forum glad you could join us. 😁👍

Here you can find some of the forum rules.

A few of the rules were updated and can be found in the news & announcement tab.

I came across the forum while researching scopes and mounts for my new M1A 6.5 Creedmore. I retired from 42 years law enforcement and have been a firearms instructor for more than 50 years, but I came here to learn new things-never too old to learn
Welcome to the forum. We are glad you found us and cant wait to learn great things from you as well.

I came across the forum while researching scopes and mounts for my new M1A 6.5 Creedmore. I retired from 42 years law enforcement and have been a firearms instructor for more than 50 years, but I came here to learn new things-never too old to learn
I like your attitude Hayes.

I too am eager to learn, that's why I joined this forum to hear other points of view.

Back