testtest

Would the Founding Fathers Have Banned “Assault Weapons”?

Honestly, that article is such a piece of fluff. I’ve seen more substantive content on Buzzfeed. So using that logic if they they understood repeating rifles then they could have extrapolated out to the Avenger 30mm cannon and the A-10 Warthog which is built around it.

Honestly, that article is such a piece of fluff. I’ve seen more substantive content on Buzzfeed. So using that logic if they they understood repeating rifles then they could have extrapolated out to the Avenger 30mm cannon and the A-10 Warthog which is built around it.
The point is that the founding fathers intended for there to be NO INFRINGEMENT. None. If a new repeating breechloader or a space age ray gun was invented, it is protected. Period.

" Assault" is an action or behavior. "Weapon" is a very broad term. If I strike someone on the body with a golf club, that golf club is being used as a weapon to assault someone. Most folks think that the Assault Weapon ban is centered around the AR-15 "Black Rifle". As I explained to a distant liberal relative, my M1A is actually an "Assault Weapon", and he had the nerve to argue that. "It has a walnut stock", he said. I had printed out the text of some pending state laws from the legislatures website, and showed him all the "Assault Weapons" they had targeted. Grandpas old Stevens 22 Favorite can get on that list quickly. And yes, that M1A is on there. As Dianne Feinstein said, "Turn all those guns in America". They want all of them, and don't give an inch.

Regards,
Bill

They knew of rockets, submarines and cannons as well.
I think the first mistake and what is at the heart of this subject is that some people think they know better than their elders and those that came before. One could argue that the biggest leap for mankind came from the late 1700's to about 1969 (or about 175 years). So I would be careful when looking back at the intelligence level or how well they understood or thought things out, when there is a pretty good case that mankind was obviously more intelligent during that span of time then ever before or since.

I don’t dispute any of that I was simply commenting on the sophomoric level of that article, whose sole purpose was to elicit a “F- Yeah” response from we gun owners and make us feel warm and comfy wrapped in the comfort of the Constitution. Perhaps the Founding Fathers continually rejected the gun because they thought “You know this thing could be bad news in the wrong hands.”

I don’t dispute any of that I was simply commenting on the sophomoric level of that article, whose sole purpose was to elicit a “F- Yeah” response from we gun owners and make us feel warm and comfy wrapped in the comfort of the Constitution. Perhaps the Founding Fathers continually rejected the gun because they thought “You know this thing could be bad news in the wrong hands.”
They knew of and endorsed the Girandoni air rifle, a military rifle which held 80 shots, which predates our Constitution, and was taken by Lewis and Clark on their journey to the Pacific, and was as instrumental as Sacagawea in their success and survival.

Thomas Jefferson himself was given the gun as a gift by the triumphant expedition and cherished it.
On top of that, it was an innovation to a centuries old technology: "Air rifles had been used since the 16th century, mainly to hunt small game. They were a favorite of poachers, because the lack of noise and smoke meant they could be used covertly."

"The weapon’s advantages included a high rate of fire, no smoke, relatively low recoil, and less noise than a musket. With no black powder residue to foul the bore, it needed less cleaning. Shooters could load and fire while lying flat."...it sounds a lot like an "assault weapon".

Back