testtest

XD-M Elite 3.8: Best EDC 9mm?

The XDM and the new XDM Elite use the same mags. I am only familiar with the 9mm, since that is what I have concentrated on. They have full grips and compact grips available. The original XDM has a different texture pattern than the newer XDM Elite. I have not tried the Elite yet, but since it uses the same mag, I might be persuaded. Like they say, "how many guns does a guy need?" Check them out at https://www.springfield-armory.com/xd-series-handguns/xd-handguns/

The original XD does NOT use the same magazines, so beware.
Hope this helps.
Definitely helps, thank you for the info. I have a hard time with shorter compact handguns, hands are too big, that's one reason I really like the look of the XDm Elite 3.8, that grip looks perfect, and 19 rounds of 9mm? That would be a nice carry weapon.

That is the nice thing about the XDM Compact. It has a 13 rd mag that is easier to carry, less print, but add the longer mag and it is the save size as the regular 3.8. The size is the same on both, but the length of the grip is shorter on the compact. After looking at Springfield's site, I do not see the compact listed any more. Bummer

Do these carry 19 rounds or 20 rounds? I’ve seeing some YouTube videos with people stating the mags are 19 round capacity and others saying they are 20 round capacity mags???

The XDM full size mags are 19 rounds. However, with the release of the Elite, Springfield has the 19 round mags with a +1 and a +3 extension.
As I mentioned above, these mags fit in all of the XDM and XDM Elite models

That is the nice thing about the XDM Compact. It has a 13 rd mag that is easier to carry, less print, but add the longer mag and it is the save size as the regular 3.8. The size is the same on both, but the length of the grip is shorter on the compact. After looking at Springfield's site, I do not see the compact listed any more. Bummer

They discontinued the XDM Compact around the end of 2018, leading me to buy one right away, as it had been in my wish list. The XDM Compact is my favorite EDC, and I wish they would make it again, but I won’t be holding my breath.

I didn't realize they had dropped the Compact. I just heard they were dropping the Bi-tone, so I bought that one as my second Compact. Really glad i did.

Robar: You actually asked the question on a gun forum, "How many guns does a guy need?" There are some forums that might ban you for that question. I will tell a story of a friend when moving from VA. to SC and loading the moving van. His wife looked on in shock and asked, "DAMN, YOU HAVE TWO GUN SAFES!" 1911's alone he has, after trading many, 48 now.

Totally guilty of quoting a TV commercial. Please let me know which forums you are referring to so that I can make sure that I do not participate on them. Sounds like your friend has a great hobby and protects what he likes.

EL LOBO I only have experience with the different XDMs, but am very happy with them and will probably try the Elites as well since they use the same mags. Also as in my earlier comments, I concentrated on 9mm for pistols just to minimize confusion and maximize space.

The more I read and watch about the XDm Elite 3.8 inch 9mm, me likey more and more. Need to find one so I can see if it feels as good as it looks. 20 rounds of 9mm? I'll take that any day.

I picked up a 3.8" XDM Elite a few months back. It's an excellent shooter, but is difficult to conceal. I normally carry Appendix, but have to carry the Elite between 4-5 o'clock in anything less than jacket weather. I was thinking of taking off the flared magwell, but it really doesn't protrude too badly. It's not going to be my EDC, but I will keep it as an option if all of those recent mostly peaceful riots start spreading.

Springfield Armory,

When will we be able to buy the new magazine extensions to upgrade our ”old” XDM magazines?

Back