testtest

XDM 10 rd mag question on compatibility with the XDM Elite?

SRG73

Alpha
Apologize if this has been addressed in a separate post but does the XDM 10 round magazine fit the new XDM Elite 9mm frame? I just purchased the XDM Elite 9mm 4.5" barrel and need to find a 10 round capacity option. I see that the SA store has a 10 round magazine for the XDM but wasn't sure if anyone had tried this in the new XDM Elite yet?

BobM

Professional
Apologize if this has been addressed in a separate post but does the XDM 10 round magazine fit the new XDM Elite 9mm frame? I just purchased the XDM Elite 9mm 4.5" barrel and need to find a 10 round capacity option. I see that the SA store has a 10 round magazine for the XDM but wasn't sure if anyone had tried this in the new XDM Elite yet?

Good question. Some mags are interchangeable between the two classes. As to which ones?

To best clarify you may want to contact Springfield Armory Customer Service directly:

Toll-Free: (800) 680-6866
Phone: (309) 944-5631
Fax: (309) 944-3676
Email: sales@springfield-armory.com

Hello, I recently purchased the same gun and tried the 10 round mag but it didn't work. I notice the items for the XDM either didn't fit or the round would not load into the chamber. Please let me know if you have better results after changing your magwell.

thanks

SRG73

Alpha
Hello, I recently purchased the same gun and tried the 10 round mag but it didn't work. I notice the items for the XDM either didn't fit or the round would not load into the chamber. Please let me know if you have better results after changing your magwell.

thanks
Hi Terry,

I should have the tools and magazine to do the job later this week and will let you know

SRG73

Alpha

thanks
Hi Terry,

I didn’t forget about you it’s just the magazine is en route, once received I’ll remove the mag well and see if the XDM 10 fits the XDM Elite Frame

Steve

Hi, its no problem at all. I had sent my mag back and brought the regular ones from Springfield as spares.

Terry

SRG73

Alpha
Hi Terry,

I just removed the magwell and it appears the 10 round magazine for the XDM will fill the XDM Elite Frame. Full-disclosure, I have not yet put a round through it with the 10 round magazine so will let you know if I experience any trouble with feeds, but it clicked right in!

SRG73

Alpha
Hi Terry,

I just removed the magwell and it appears the 10 round magazine for the XDM will fill the XDM Elite Frame. Full-disclosure, I have not yet put a round through it with the 10 round magazine so will let you know if I experience any trouble with feeds, but it clicked right in!
To close this thread out...put 30 rounds through the XDM 10 round capacity magazine in the XDM elite frame and each round fed flawlessly. No issues, but the mag well was removed. This is a good compromise for those that want the XDM elite frame but live in an area with a 10 round limit