testtest

XDM 10 rd mag question on compatibility with the XDM Elite?

SRG73

Alpha
Apologize if this has been addressed in a separate post but does the XDM 10 round magazine fit the new XDM Elite 9mm frame? I just purchased the XDM Elite 9mm 4.5" barrel and need to find a 10 round capacity option. I see that the SA store has a 10 round magazine for the XDM but wasn't sure if anyone had tried this in the new XDM Elite yet?

Apologize if this has been addressed in a separate post but does the XDM 10 round magazine fit the new XDM Elite 9mm frame? I just purchased the XDM Elite 9mm 4.5" barrel and need to find a 10 round capacity option. I see that the SA store has a 10 round magazine for the XDM but wasn't sure if anyone had tried this in the new XDM Elite yet?

Good question. Some mags are interchangeable between the two classes. As to which ones?

To best clarify you may want to contact Springfield Armory Customer Service directly:

Toll-Free: (800) 680-6866
Phone: (309) 944-5631
Fax: (309) 944-3676
Email: sales@springfield-armory.com

Hello, I recently purchased the same gun and tried the 10 round mag but it didn't work. I notice the items for the XDM either didn't fit or the round would not load into the chamber. Please let me know if you have better results after changing your magwell.

thanks

Hello, I recently purchased the same gun and tried the 10 round mag but it didn't work. I notice the items for the XDM either didn't fit or the round would not load into the chamber. Please let me know if you have better results after changing your magwell.

thanks
Hi Terry,

I should have the tools and magazine to do the job later this week and will let you know

thanks
Hi Terry,

I didn’t forget about you it’s just the magazine is en route, once received I’ll remove the mag well and see if the XDM 10 fits the XDM Elite Frame

Steve

Hi Terry,

I just removed the magwell and it appears the 10 round magazine for the XDM will fill the XDM Elite Frame. Full-disclosure, I have not yet put a round through it with the 10 round magazine so will let you know if I experience any trouble with feeds, but it clicked right in!

Hi Terry,

I just removed the magwell and it appears the 10 round magazine for the XDM will fill the XDM Elite Frame. Full-disclosure, I have not yet put a round through it with the 10 round magazine so will let you know if I experience any trouble with feeds, but it clicked right in!
To close this thread out...put 30 rounds through the XDM 10 round capacity magazine in the XDM elite frame and each round fed flawlessly. No issues, but the mag well was removed. This is a good compromise for those that want the XDM elite frame but live in an area with a 10 round limit

Thanks for this, I live in MD, a state with a 10 round magazine restriction. I've put a query out to several FFL's in the state, if they can get me a XD-M Elite OSP that it appears only come equipped with 22 round magazines.

The largest Gun Shop in MD says they will sell me the pistol without the magazines, simply remove them from the packaging, I would get a pistol with no magazines. The largest Gun Shop in the state might be able to take that risk, while smaller shops are not, there is nothing in the law that says this illegal, to remove the magazines that are more than 10 rounds and sell the pistol without them, its simply most FFL's don't want to take the risk of authorities interpreting the action as them breaking the law. The MD law simply says you cannot buy, sell or manufacturer more than 10 round magazines, there are plenty of rifles and handguns sold and possessed in MD with greater than 10 round capacity, you just can't buy more than 10 round magazines within the state, which means if your weapon comes with more than 10 round magazines in the box, you are buying and the FFL is selling more than 10 round magazines in the state and are breaking the law.

But it helps to have this option in the back pocket for purchasing this pistol in my State, as well as the other restricted states. Just remove the Magwell, from my understanding its simply drive out a 3/32nds roll pin out of polymer (very unlikely to seize and complicate things) to remove the magwell. And then you can use the XD-M 10 round magazines. They can be swapped into the package in replace of the 22 round magazines, if state law allows that. Or if state laws simply bans the greater than 10 round magazines,

Back