testtest

XDMAN - Jeep is no longer a mall crawler

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
I had said earlier that my goal was to earn my first Jeep Badge of Honor by the end of summer. Took a 300 ish mile trip to Gulches Offroad park in South Carolina to earn my first one. It was slick and muddy but I had a freaking blast. It is amazing what these things are capable of, 25 degrees off camber the first time makes you pucker.

Decided to do a fender delete, going up a steep hill I wanted to turn to the right, gravity wanted me to go left and kiss the trees. I was actually going to do fender deletes anyway so I could disconnect the sway bars. Disconnecting the SB allows the tires to flex enough to hit the factory fenders. As they say…don’t play if you can’t pay.

It was great to actually test out the Winch and bumper I installed. I just ordered a bunch of Bubba rope shackles, rope and strap. They got put to good use getting me off the tree and out of a muddy rut.

Thinking about the next badge trip by the end of the month. After I order the high clearance fenders.

IMG_6667.jpeg

IMG_6670.jpeg

IMG_6669.jpeg

IMG_6647.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like a blast, that place looks like a lot of areas around here. mainly go down to get to fishin holes. you might not have slid into the tree if ya had a more aggressive tire tread. while they won't last on pavement like the ones you have they will sling the mud out of the tread to grab more.

We have places like that around here too, but the best one(s) were taken over by the feds a few decades ago. The Ozark National Scenic Riverways they call it now. Then they passed a law about taking vehicles and 4 wheelers in the rivers. Feds in the woods with binoculars busting people who dare to cross streams or god forbid someone smokes some pot on a float trip.

Looks like a blast, that place looks like a lot of areas around here. mainly go down to get to fishin holes. you might not have slid into the tree if ya had a more aggressive tire tread. while they won't last on pavement like the ones you have they will sling the mud out of the tread to grab more.
you probably would not believe it, but these were the only 37’s in my size in central AL. Everything was back ordered. Moving up to 40’s and new wheels with bead locks Probably next Jan unless I can find a used set for a good price

Back