testtest

You ever notice……

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
I watch a good bit of the gun shows on Sportsman and Outdoor channels, you ever notice that on the gun commercials that they never show any 1911’s, Colt, Sig, Springfield, all they show is mostly there Polymer guns, AR’s or revolvers, no 1911’s which are more popular now more then ever……weird they wouldn’t highlight them also, gotta be a marketing thing or something

I watch a good bit of the gun shows on Sportsman and Outdoor channels, you ever notice that on the gun commercials that they never show any 1911’s, Colt, Sig, Springfield, all they show is mostly there Polymer guns, AR’s or revolvers, no 1911’s which are more popular now more then ever……weird they wouldn’t highlight them also, gotta be a marketing thing or something
Are 1911s more popular than ever though ? If I was guessing I would say the vast majority of the pistols sold in this country are polymer 9mms.

Are 1911s more popular than ever though ? If I was guessing I would say the vast majority of the pistols sold in this country are polymer 9mms.
My shop has a difficult time keeping the higher end 1911’s, now the entry level ones yea, plenty, my shop also sells more Glocks than other polymer guns, just my thoughts on the 1911 being more popular then ever cause there hard to find at times, can’t keep them in stock, still no commercials on them was my meaning, there is more to firearms then polymers and AR’s

My shop has a difficult time keeping the higher end 1911’s, now the entry level ones yea, plenty, my shop also sells more Glocks than other polymer guns, just my thoughts on the 1911 being more popular then ever cause there hard to find at times, can’t keep them in stock, still no commercials on them was my meaning, there is more to firearms then polymers and AR’s
Won't get an argument from me on that brother.

No 1911’s advertised is probably because they don’t need to be being already very popular. They sell on their own merit.

My take on certain guns not being advertised is mainly because certain manufacturers feel they don’t need to due to already good sales. Of course that being said why advertise a gun that is just not readily available due to supply issues or known problems with reliability, something that has been mentioned here on the forum countless times. My opinion.

I concur with everybody. The manufacturers are gearing their products to concealed carriers, both old and newbies. But especially newbies, as most of us have our preferences. The 1911 stands on its own. It's reputation and that of its various manufacturers don't need to be sold. The 1911 isn't for everybody, and definitely not a newbie. Not only the size and weight can be intimidating, but everything involved with the gun itself on its operation can be daunting. People want simple, light, easy to carry/conceal. LIGHT and SIMPLE being the key words. Nothing simpler that a Shield 9 M2.0. Load magazine, insert and rack the slide. Light, slim, sexy, simple, AFFORDABLE. These are the manufacturers bread and butter. They don't need to "sell" the 1911. It sells itself.

I did a quick check on Sportsmans Warehouse site. It listed 3,819 pistols, not counting revolvers. As much as I like guns, I think the manufacturers have way too many variations and that if they tightened up their product lines, they would be more profitable. The shiny objects get press releases and advertisements, but are they really different or just a tweak to existing products. There has been a universal race to be the smallest gun that could hold 12 or 13 and now we see a rebounding in size because they created a market for easier to hold and shoot pistols. Deciding on what to buy and/or carry can be confusing if you don't know what your priorities are. I don't see the 1911 as a mass appeal gun anymore, the masses have gone to plastic strikers.

you guys that GET those channels are ever so lucky..

i don't get those with my provider, and no, i ain't about to change providers, as i lose some channels, and there is a price differential as well, i already checked.

I did a quick check on Sportsmans Warehouse site. It listed 3,819 pistols, not counting revolvers. As much as I like guns, I think the manufacturers have way too many variations and that if they tightened up their product lines, they would be more profitable. The shiny objects get press releases and advertisements, but are they really different or just a tweak to existing products. There has been a universal race to be the smallest gun that could hold 12 or 13 and now we see a rebounding in size because they created a market for easier to hold and shoot pistols. Deciding on what to buy and/or carry can be confusing if you don't know what your priorities are. I don't see the 1911 as a mass appeal gun anymore, the masses have gone to plastic strikers.
Very interesting take on size. I remember that cell phones were really small and now are going back in the opposite direction. The small like the Hellcat are really easy to conceal but the Hellcat pro is a really nice step in the right direction for shooting. And with all the advancements in holsters easily carried concealed.

I think the other thing that the 1911 has going against it - certainly for newbies - is 7-8 rounds versus 15-21. Newbies are looking to take care of business if they have to and for an inexperienced shooter 7-8 rounds doesn’t seem nearly enough.

I often say to my wife that when I go to the range I rarely see people shooting 1911s and yet according to all the tv shows I watch there are basically three handguns in the world - Glock, Sig 226 and the 1911. I notice Aussie shows like a Beretta 92.

1911's are a shooter's platform, not suitable for many novices. As shooters grow in experience and mature, many will gravitate to the 1911. Ergo a growth in its popularity.
I'm 1 not or will ever gravitate towards the age old 1911, unless my wrist change. Not wrist friendly for me and my only issue with 1911's. Good guns as many have issues, but those that are lucky enough to get a no issue out of the box lucky have a different take? Just like my m&p 2.0 10mm compact that I've experienced 0 issues with. Some are fortunate and others no so.

I think the other thing that the 1911 has going against it - certainly for newbies - is 7-8 rounds versus 15-21. Newbies are looking to take care of business if they have to and for an inexperienced shooter 7-8 rounds doesn’t seem nearly enough.

I often say to my wife that when I go to the range I rarely see people shooting 1911s and yet according to all the tv shows I watch there are basically three handguns in the world - Glock, Sig 226 and the 1911. I notice Aussie shows like a Beretta 92.
when ever i go to my range, i am pretty much the only person there, with a 1911.

9mm's, 380's, the occasional AR will be there.

yes, newbies "feel comfortable" with more rounds in the magazine.

but 1 or 2, 45's in a thug will take him down just as easily, then a full mag of 20+ rounds.

and that's even "IF" they can hit the target.

I'm 1 not or will ever gravitate towards the age old 1911, unless my wrist change. Not wrist friendly for me and my only issue with 1911's. Good guns as many have issues, but those that are lucky enough to get a no issue out of the box lucky have a different take? Just like my m&p 2.0 10mm compact that I've experienced 0 issues with. Some are fortunate and others no so.
the only "issues" i ever have with a new 1911, out of the box..??

the magazine can be difficult to install into the magwell. a good "palm slam" drives it up in there.

then, in time, it gets much easier. i just make sure i put a drop of oil in the release button.

but my biggest "beef" with the higher dollars purchase of some 1911's...??

only 1......7 round magazine...like HELLLOOOOO.......

sheesh, even a cheap Glock gives you 3 magazines.......

but i have like 2 dozen (total) Wilson Combat and Night Hawk Custom 8 round mags in my personal "stock room".

For LEO's I am all about capacity.
But for us citizens who are unlikely to encounter lethal threats, high capacity is fantasy. Many young shooters think they can substitute capacity for marksmanship. I have had them in my classes. It is why I do a number of drills with one and two round magazines. Make your shots count.

To quote Col Cooper on capacity, "how often do you intend to miss?"

For LEO's I am all about capacity.
But for us citizens who are unlikely to encounter lethal threats, high capacity is fantasy. Many young shooters think they can substitute capacity for marksmanship. I have had them in my classes. It is why I do a number of drills with one and two round magazines. Make your shots count.

To quote Col Cooper on capacity, "how often do you intend to miss?"
Well even 1911's have high-cap mags, but most new to shooting isn't going to pay 2k for a handgun. Well high-cap in 10mm, 9mm and maybe some other cartridges. What new shooter is going to buy 38super in a 1911........most likely not. I do understand where you're coming from.

I have noticed on TV 1911's only show up as a collectable or as a featured gun. Much more exposure in print. The magazines I read feature 1911's regularly. I have great appreciation for my little plastic guns that I carry but my 1911's are more enjoyable for a range day. I have found exposing people to a 1911 converts more people than a TV evangelist ;)

the magazine can be difficult to install into the magwell. a good "palm slam" drives it up in there.

then, in time, it gets much easier. i just make sure i put a drop of oil in the release button.

but i have like 2 dozen (total) Wilson Combat and Night Hawk Custom 8 round mags in my personal "stock room".
0287EDB3-269F-4FA0-99B0-10D863910C79.jpeg

BTW…..Sig, Springfield, S&W and Glock are all priced close to each other, so if you think a Glock is cheap, you better include Sig, Springfield and S&W into that category plus a few others

Back