testtest

You ever notice……

i just came back from the bait/tackle/ gun store, a small mom & pop place, where guns sell higher than the other store i go to, where they are a huge distributor of many brands.

that being said, he is selling the G-19 Gen 5 for $619.99, a $27.00 lower price than your place. still however, "higher priced" than the larger store i buy from (that is also a blue label dealer for Glock), i mentioned the other day.

so suffice it to say, i would "imagine" much like the multi-brand car dealerships, the more they sell, the more they get power to deal with the distributors of the factories and thus sell for far lower prices than other stores?

so here at least, Glocks are "cheap".
0046C560-96CE-4A53-92E5-87BDF96B18F5.gif

Big box stores have killed the small
Mom+Pop stores in many places.
It’s a shame.
Haven't seen that around me...Have seen 2 LGS pop up in the last year, neither are big box. In fact, with big box stores going "woke", the smaller shops seem to be doing better in my neighborhood. One in fact is an AR specialty shop with an impressive inventory, including the ONLY shop within 100miles with HK SP5 in stock. Since they are asking $4k, it's been there a while.

The internet is killing the small mom and pop stores. Almost no one buys guns from places like Cabelas. Their mark up is ludicrous.
this is true.

when possible i buy local, to support the businesses, and very often doing so, i get discounts, and never a transfer fee.

many times i get stuff, "no charge", but it is small stuff, like a bag of cleaning patches.

but the few times i have bought a gun online, it was because the locals could not get what i wanted, as there was also a very long waiting list.

then too, i made out well, with out paying a transfer fee at the smaller mom/pop place.

buying local, has it advantages, if only more people would support them more, rather than less

Guns are about the only thing I still predominantly purchase in person. If I find something I like at the shop I will purchase there. If I find something I like online I will show an itemized total (gun,taxes,shipping, FFL) for the gun and ask if my shop will match it out the door. They typically do and usually saves me $15 - $40. If they can't or they have a long lead time I will complete the order online.

Back