testtest

Why You Need a 911

I'm a fan of 1911's. Notice I did not say 911 because I have no experience with them. But while I carry a 1911 Officer's model in 9MM as EDC I would not do so without the redundant safeties of the thumb and grip. My 5 1911's all have 4-5# triggers and I feel the safeties (2) are necessary when carrying cocked and locked with the lighter triggers. I won't say anything about the efficacy of the .380 round since each to his own.

For over 25 years, my .380, a Walther PPK/S, was my CC Weapon. I never felt under armed, because I knew what this pistol would do accuracy wise. Hydroshocks and later Critical Defense ammo was its fodder. Ran flawlessly with both.
The only reason it was retired to range baby status, was due to my aging eyes. I could no longer make out the sights in low light drills.
I've not had the opportunity to try a 911 yet (haven't seen any locally). Hopefully, a LGS will get in in for me to peruse.

For over 25 years, my .380, a Walther PPK/S, was my CC Weapon. I never felt under armed, because I knew what this pistol would do accuracy wise. Hydroshocks and later Critical Defense ammo was its fodder. Ran flawlessly with both.
The only reason it was retired to range baby status, was due to my aging eyes. I could no longer make out the sights in low light drills.
I've not had the opportunity to try a 911 yet (haven't seen any locally). Hopefully, a LGS will get in in for me to peruse.
Nice thing about the 911 .380 (regular one, not the alpha) is that it has tritium night sights. Nice little gun for sure.

Good article, Thanks Mike,
Looked at a few .380's and 9mm 911's about a year ago. Look to be pretty nice and well made.
Haven't seen the 911's or any .380 ammo since. .380 ammo harder to find than .22LR and 45ACP or LC around here.

I have a 911 Alpha in .380 ACP and a 9mm 911. The .380 Alpha took about 200 rounds to break-in (which would be nearly impossible these days), but has been absolutely reliable and accurate since that time. The .380 Alpha is my favorite pocket pistol.

My 9mm 911 was 100% reliable out of the box. It's a fine pistol, but I find it to be just large enough to print noticeably in a non-cargo pocket. It's also just large enough to be difficult to draw from a standard khaki or jeans pocket. It can easily be carried IWB, but is close enough in size to the Hellcat or P365 that I would prefer to carry one of those if IWB carry is an option.

IMHO Shooters who love the 1911 manual of arms, and don't trust the .380 cartridge, would be very well served by the 9mm 911. If your work attire only allows for pocket carry, the the .380 911 is a great option. Both are good guns, but I personally prefer the .380.

Great article and I too carry a "summer gun" 380. I tried to look at the BDU pocket holster that you referenced and Desantis is advising that they are discontinued. Any other suggestions??

Great article and I too carry a "summer gun" 380. I tried to look at the BDU pocket holster that you referenced and Desantis is advising that they are discontinued. Any other suggestions??

Is just a thought.... Look around at other gun shop web sites and LGS for same holster searching for, they may have same one where holster mfg doesn't. Find/locate holsters model/style number & Google it. Have found and seen many holsters like that. You also may find a holster you weren't aware of and may like better? I have.

Another thought is some places like Viridian also sell holsters to fit models equipped with their products like lights and lasers.

Same with some gun mfg's web sites. For example, Springfield armory and Ruger both sell holsters made by holster mfg's on their web sites.

Back