testtest

Biden Administration Bans Import of Russian Ammunition?

"The State Department claims that it is imposing these “sanctions on the Russian Federation over its use of a “Novichok” nerve agent in the August 2020 poisoning of Russian opposition figure Aleksey Navalny.”"

That will teach them....any excuse by the "insert non political hate group here" to limit ammo.

Prices appear to be skyrocketing again. Even cheap range .223 ammo is going up after the announcement.
Hopefully the price increase will be short lived as I'm sure there's a ton of people panicking again and buying everything they see so its going to drive up the costs or the manufacturers are thinking there will be more panic buying and they are trying to maximize profits.

I just bought ammo today; $18/50 AmEagle 9mm 124gr, and $26/50 AmEagle .380, both FMJ. The .380 was a little more than I wanted to spend, but I’m getting low in that caliber (has less than I thought going into last year).

There was a pretty decent amount of ammo on the shelf, as well. A bunch of Wolf MC 7.62x39, prices fairly normal for the time…not raised from what I saw last time.

I think the ammo spike—if there is one— will be caused by the usual panic buyers who normally wouldn’t have bought the steel case stuff coming from another Russia anyway…

I just bought ammo today; $18/50 AmEagle 9mm 124gr, and $26/50 AmEagle .380, both FMJ. The .380 was a little more than I wanted to spend, but I’m getting low in that caliber (has less than I thought going into last year).

There was a pretty decent amount of ammo on the shelf, as well. A bunch of Wolf MC 7.62x39, prices fairly normal for the time…not raised from what I saw last time.

I think the ammo spike—if there is one— will be caused by the usual panic buyers who normally wouldn’t have bought the steel case stuff coming from another Russia anyway…
Was the purchase local or online?

It was here a few days ago, but apparently went off the rails and was deleted.

Oops. Didn't know that, don't want to **** anyone off by bringing it back up, but seems to be something we would want to be discussing.

I don't use steel cased ammo myself, so not sure I've ever bought any ammo from Russia, but it doesn't seem like this restriction does anything to punish Russia as much as it punishes folks here with higher ammo prices.

It's back and forth on ammo prices being somewhat realistic on best price local or online? Hoping local will be best price, but can run dry very quickly.
With S&H, it’s usually a little better locally…and I do prefer giving my money to local businesses.

However, for bulk orders right now…online is pretty much my only option, since most stores limit you to one or two boxes of any given caliber/load.

Haven’t seen any online prices quite break my personal “buy” limits yet.

Not going to see much with anything other than 5.56 and 7.62. I can tell you that the price of my preferred 5.56 is $25 more per 1000 than it was a week ago. And prices had been trending down.

With S&H, it’s usually a little better locally…and I do prefer giving my money to local businesses.

However, for bulk orders right now…online is pretty much my only option, since most stores limit you to one or two boxes of any given caliber/load.

Haven’t seen any online prices quite break my personal “buy” limits yet.
Not going to see much with anything other than 5.56 and 7.62. I can tell you that the price of my preferred 5.56 is $25 more per 1000 than it was a week ago. And prices had been trending down.
I've gone into a local ffl for ammo and just ordered what I want (usually by the case). Price had been good. Maybe a local ammo retailer would do that for other people?

If Midway USA has your birthday on a registered account with them you can get even better deals on that day than the $16.49 they are charging for 30 rounds currently and if you wait until there's free shipping you can get a killer deal!

I picked up about 10 boxes on the IWI brand 9mm DiCut hollow point 50 ammo a few weeks back for $12 for 50 rounds a box which they normally sell for $30 a box plus I got free shipping for spending over $49.00

I've used the 5.56 and 9mm IWI ammo recently and it's been really good stuff.

If Midway USA has your birthday on a registered account with them you can get even better deals on that day than the $16.49 they are charging for 30 rounds currently and if you wait until there's free shipping you can get a killer deal!

I picked up about 10 boxes on the IWI brand 9mm DiCut hollow point 50 ammo a few weeks back for $12 for 50 rounds a box which they normally sell for $30 a box plus I got free shipping for spending over $49.00

I've used the 5.56 and 9mm IWI ammo recently and it's been really good stuff.

Yeah, that's the stuff I'm talking about. It's $25 higher ( actually it is a 1200 round case) than it was a short time ago. And they don't have the Green Tips in stock after I bought the last lot last night. ;-)

The ban may hit me harder than most. I already owned a restored Cold War era SKS. When .223/5.56 prices skyrocketed last year, I bought two 7.62x39 uppers and some new mags for my AR's. I saved a decent amount of money on ammo in the last 18 months. Hopefully I saved enough to justify the purchase of the uppers.

The only bright side is that the lawyer part of my always suspected that an anti-2A president would try this. I've been stockpiling steel cased 7.62x39 for awhile. It's heavy, but the majority of it was purchased for about $.20-$.28 per round (taxes and shipping included). I figure I'll shoot the Tulammo/Wolf in cardboard boxes first, and will save the sealed tins of Monarch. I figure unopened tins stored in a climate-controlled setting should last quite awhile.

Back