testtest

I done did it.....

Have had a few things on backorder. I don't do it anymore. After several months of something being on backorder with no hope of item being back in stock per the company, cancelled the order with them. Month or more went by and they shipped item w/o saying so or contacting me about order being in or shipped as they had agreed to do. Order doesn't show in their system, but was still charged for it. In the meantime after cancelling, found something else so instead of going through their hoopla of returns with that company and the ordeal, just gave backordered item away. Not doing any more backorders and likely not dealing with that company anytime soon until things calm back down.
If something is listed as on back order I won’t place the order, in the case of the sling it was listed as available and then when the order “other items ordered” showed up the packing list showed back ordered, disappointed to say the least.

If something is listed as on back order I won’t place the order, in the case of the sling it was listed as available and then when the order “other items ordered” showed up the packing list showed back ordered, disappointed to say the least.
Exactly what happened to me. It's still listed as available, even right now. They just deducted the item from the subtotal when they processed the order and actually charged the card. I was a bit disappointed as well.

Is unfortunately understandable.
Some places don't correlate the differences or update what's actually in stock verses what's advertised online in stock too well. Is how I got stung. From experience, is sometimes better to actually call instead to check stock of something instead of just placing online order. Less hassle. But, via phone doesn't always work either. Cancelled the backordered online item on phone, but item still shipped. Possibly should have, if could've figured out how, canceled order both online and by phone? Not thinking there's always an easy answer. End result? May be more immediate sales for the company, but ticked off customers hesitate, think twice and sometimes don't usually order more from same company. The possibly reduced price at the time may be nice, but sometimes isn't worth the aggravation. For that reason, I avoid backordered products.

So, Took her out to get zero'd today. I don't know if it's just the scope, but when I say it was shooting high, it was shooting friggin high. I had to crank the elevation as far down as i possibly could. I mean like it couldn't go any further. And this was at 50 yards.

Anyone else ever experience this? Scope adjusts in 1/4 MOA increments. I've never had this much trouble zero'ing a rifle before. Granted i've only zero'd a few rifles a handful of times each. Even the RSO was like... Wow.. Just crank sum'bitch all the way down and we can work from there. In the end it's pretty on the money at 50 yards but where do I go from there? lol.

So, Took her out to get zero'd today. I don't know if it's just the scope, but when I say it was shooting high, it was shooting friggin high. I had to crank the elevation as far down as i possibly could. I mean like it couldn't go any further. And this was at 50 yards.

Anyone else ever experience this? Scope adjusts in 1/4 MOA increments. I've never had this much trouble zero'ing a rifle before. Granted i've only zero'd a few rifles a handful of times each. Even the RSO was like... Wow.. Just crank sum'bitch all the way down and we can work from there. In the end it's pretty on the money at 50 yards but where do I go from there? lol.
What scope again ?

Mounts ? Rings or quick detach ?
I think you said previously …

So I received an email from Springfield Armory that my M1A sling had shipped and got tracking information, FedEx reported that my package had been delivered to my apartment door yesterday at 11:36am I get home from work, no package, ok so maybe at the management office, nope, 😡 package was stolen, I have filed a police report not based on the value of the sling but instead if the thief knows what it is then they now know there are firearms in the apartment 😡😡😡😡😡
The good and remarkable part of this is while I was waiting for the officer I called Springfield Customer Service they found my order and are shipping a replacement (NO CHARGE) heck yeah that’s first class. I’m having the replacement shipped to the management office to avoid a repeat of this bullish$t all I can say is Karma is a bitch.
9D07C6DB-A6B0-4EC2-8D02-3CEBD9BE228A.jpeg

So I received an email from Springfield Armory that my M1A sling had shipped and got tracking information, FedEx reported that my package had been delivered to my apartment door yesterday at 11:36am I get home from work, no package, ok so maybe at the management office, nope, 😡 package was stolen, I have filed a police report not based on the value of the sling but instead if the thief knows what it is then they now know there are firearms in the apartment 😡😡😡😡😡
The good and remarkable part of this is while I was waiting for the officer I called Springfield Customer Service they found my order and are shipping a replacement (NO CHARGE) heck yeah that’s first class. I’m having the replacement shipped to the management office to avoid a repeat of this bullish$t all I can say is Karma is a bitch. View attachment 20956

"but instead if the thief knows what it is then they now know there are firearms in the apartment."

Ideas / thoughts?
Not all is how it's seen sometimes either? Taking a package from outside a door isn't the same as breaking and entering a building. Remember - 'Tis also the season for giving. Package / item may not have been for you personally? Package, contents, who knows? It was possibly a gift to your mom, friend or coworker too? And, if it was a sling, it's also known, as a shoulder strap? Straps may be used for guitars other musical instruments, tools, luggage or whatever? Knowing what by who may also depend on what was said by who or known at the time as well? Possible thief also has to think in the same direction as you or someone else too?

Also, items are being delivered to the wrong address sometimes. The delivery company's agent says package is delivered to correct address, sends info to recipient, with package to be found elsewhere and delivered to actual correct address later. So, maybe, maybe not on knowing about firearms or whatever being where sometimes? Imaginations can play many games. Some deeds and thoughts are right, some are not from my experience.

Am glad SA was thoughtful and helpful to you as well. Is a great company from my experience.

The good and remarkable part of this is while I was waiting for the officer I called Springfield Customer Service they found my order and are shipping a replacement (NO CHARGE) heck yeah that’s first class. I’m having the replacement shipped to the management office to avoid a repeat of this bullish$t all I can say is Karma is a bitch. View attachment 20956

So, I did receive mine. And if im being fully honest here, It looks and feels like a cheap piece of ****.
Very disappointed in the quality and feel. Can't say I would ever recommend it to anyone.

ddeuce22, if I'm understanding you, you've zero'd in at 50 yds with the .308? If that's true then here's the explanation. Now, I've made a couple assumptions here, but only where required.

First off, if you've truly zero'd your rifle at 50 yds, and assuming you eventually want it zero'd at 200 yds, then as it stands right now you'll have to crank the scope back up considerably. The 'mid range' of a .308 168 gr (2 more assumptions) projectile is right about 2.06" at right around 110+- yds assuming your intended zero is 200 yds, another assumption and pretty average setting.

So, when you cranked it down low enough to be zero'd at 50 yds, you have just about cranked all the adjustment out of your scope. With the 50 yd zero you've indicated, you will be shooting about 4.75" low at 200 yds. In actuallity, you'd need to be hitting about 1.25" high at the 50 yd target in order to be 'dead on' at 200 yds.

When your scope is adjustable by 1/4 moa, that usually is measured at 100 yds but that's another assumption by me of your scope. So to move the POI at 50 yds, requires 2 times the number of clicks required at 100 yds, and 4 times the number of clicks at 200 yds.

I hope I've understood your issue correctly and that my offering is also understandable. If all is as it appears, I'd suggest bringing your POI at 50 yds up about 1.2" (about 12 clicks) since an MOA is equal to just a tad over 1" (actually 1.047" @ 100 yds). That should put you just about on at 200 yds, again assuming that's your preference. If 200 yd is not your desired zero range, then compensate from there.

Hope I've led you straight on the numbers/clicks etc. I'm a little under the weather tonight and not thinking quite as straight as usual. Verify all I've said here before counting on it.

Last edited:
Did you finally get the rifle (nice btw) zero'd where you wanted it? When you wrote this in your post #64: "I had to crank the elevation as far down as i possibly could. I mean like it couldn't go any further." It's concerning since you very well may have broken, or at least jammed the cross hair adjustment travel.

Did you finally get the rifle (nice btw) zero'd where you wanted it? When you wrote this in your post #64: "I had to crank the elevation as far down as i possibly could. I mean like it couldn't go any further." It's concerning since you very well may have broken, or at least jammed the cross hair adjustment travel.
Haven't been back out to the range since. I fractured my foot last Saturday so it may be a bit before I make it back out to the range. Waiting for the 2nd set of X rays next week.

I just tested it. I can still adjust the knob.

Back