testtest

I done did it.....

ddeuce22

Professional
Went to a gun show in Bastrop today..... Let's just say there was some spouse bribery to lessen the wrath when I got home.
Got a deal on it and couldn't say no. While it's not the walnut stock I wanted, it's the 18" Scout model I wanted for sure.

PXL_20210918_221343471.jpg

PXL_20210918_221404551.jpg

PXL_20210918_221432378.jpg

PXL_20210918_221414140.jpg

PXL_20210918_221552365.jpg

Not as far as i'd like. Hard to find ranges that go past 2-300 yds out here in Austin.
Nothing around SA or Kyle? San Marcos has nothing for sure. What would be open might be a good question or just not there at all. My son went shooting a while back somewhere down there, I'll see where he went? The group he went with might have shot on private land? Not sure? That indoor range on 35 going to SA was pretty nice, but only 100 yards. My eyes are good enough for a rds, but not sure what you might need? Having a 2x or 3x only would work good for those ranges.

Nothing around SA or Kyle? San Marcos has nothing for sure. What would be open might be a good question or just not there at all. My son went shooting a while back somewhere down there, I'll see where he went? The group he went with might have shot on private land? Not sure? That indoor range on 35 going to SA was pretty nice, but only 100 yards. My eyes are good enough for a rds, but not sure what you might need? Having a 2x or 3x only would work good for those ranges.

SA is like an hour and a half drive, depending on the traffic in San Marcos. I wouldn't mind making that drive once in awhile, but not as frequent as i'd like to shoot. I know there is a range in Lockhart but i'm unsure of how far the rifle lanes go. Copperhead Creek in Marble Falls is where I like to go. They have a 600 yard range but you need to qualify first before being able to shoot it.

Yeah definitely let me know where your son went, but most likely it was on private land if he had any real distance to shoot. Most around here seem to do their shooting on private land. Need to find me some friends with property.

I shoot well at 100 with irons and an RDS. I'm ready to start pushing out a bit further I think.

Back