testtest

The elephant in the room

Funwithfuel

Custom
Founding Member
How can we have discussions regarding our future. Everything somehow finds its way back to politics. The only exception, is if we're discussing solely the mechanics of firearms or preference of one over another. I'm not asking for a free for all, but can we exercise some kind of interaction without the thread getting pulled. Perhaps there is some aggressive mudslinging that I'm not catching, perhaps I'm guilty of it as well. I don't know, but "oops we ran into a problem" is getting kinda old.
If a mod or couple of mods would be good enough to enlighten us , I think we all would appreciate knowing where the line in the sand is, before the tide changes it again.

How can we have discussions regarding our future. Everything somehow finds its way back to politics. The only exception, is if we're discussing solely the mechanics of firearms or preference of one over another. I'm not asking for a free for all, but can we exercise some kind of interaction without the thread getting pulled. Perhaps there is some aggressive mudslinging that I'm not catching, perhaps I'm guilty of it as well. I don't know, but "oops we ran into a problem" is getting kinda old.
If a mod or couple of mods would be good enough to enlighten us , I think we all would appreciate knowing where the line in the sand is, before the tide changes it again.
It's in the forum rules!

There are things is the forum that always turn into bickering and arguing between members. Politics, AAR Shooting threads, riot threads, race etc off the top of my head. We close those threads because we have a bunch of members with differing feelings and opinions. You would think that that we could all get along, but historically the forum can’t and every single one of them always turn for the bad. The mods have had discussions and we had to put those rules in place, there are plenty of forums and places to discuss those topics. We keep the approach that just like the dinner table you can talk about anything else…..just no politic/shootings/riots/race/etc.

we made the one concession that if the politics was 2a related we would allow it, but threads on how much you hate Pelosi would not be allowed. Lets keep it professional, remember this forum is crawled by outside organizations/people and we have had members quoted from this forum in other locations. This forum represents the best of the firearms industry and we have some of the best users. What we do not want is it turning into one of those cesspool 2a websites. So you may not like some of the things the mods do, but remember we have the responsibility to the whole group, not just individuals and individual threads.

Politics is the future. And the past. Impossible to divorce it from the 1A & 2A amendments. Thread pulled? I missed it. Mud slinging, where? Moderation is synonymous with censorship and it is to be lived with or, as a recent forum member did, move on. Corporate forum, their rules, nothing to be done about it. There is only one forum I am active on that has NoHoldsBarred. (yahoo.io). Even there, you may not personally attack/threaten another member. One thing though, where the posts drift to, or back to, is where the majority interest lies I suppose.

Ok, I suppose I see. I try to stay civil, even when I can't get my head around someone else's thought process. Maybe others aren't? Maybe I didn't? Whenever one gets pulled, that I contributed to, I'm gonna ask. I like being a part of this place. I don't want to be a bad guy or draw negative attention, so I'll ask. I know in the past, posts were removed, activity was throttled and we carried on. I guess I just wanted to know, at what point we collectively crossed the line. I guess the whole shooting in general was a no.

There are things is the forum that always turn into bickering and arguing between members. Politics, AAR Shooting threads, riot threads, race etc off the top of my head. We close those threads because we have a bunch of members with differing feelings and opinions. You would think that that we could all get along, but historically the forum can’t and every single one of them always turn for the bad. The mods have had discussions and we had to put those rules in place, there are plenty of forums and places to discuss those topics. We keep the approach that just like the dinner table you can talk about anything else…..just no politic/shootings/riots/race/etc.

we made the one concession that if the politics was 2a related we would allow it, but threads on how much you hate Pelosi would not be allowed. Lets keep it professional, remember this forum is crawled by outside organizations/people and we have had members quoted from this forum in other locations. This forum represents the best of the firearms industry and we have some of the best users. What we do not want is it turning into one of those cesspool 2a websites. So you may not like some of the things the mods do, but remember we have the responsibility to the whole group, not just individuals and individual threads.
We made the one concession that if the politics was 2a related we would allow it , So were here to Protect your Rights to sell Firearm's and you want to shut down our 1stA rights ? Talking about Harm or hurting someone would be a Big NO NO in my book that crap should be deleted , They took down 1 i posted because i called the President Mr. Dementia ,Definition = symptoms affecting memory, Things aren't going to get better in our Country if you shut down free speech , Look at what there doing to PARENTS stickling up for there children at school board meetings - Biden wants to label them as DOMESTIC TERRORIST !!!!!!! , Yet when people were BURNING ,LOOTING,SHOOTING ,BREAKIING WINDOWS and burning the Police department down what did they Label them ? We the people are stickling up for your RIGHTS and OUR RIGHTS

We made the one concession that if the politics was 2a related we would allow it , So were here to Protect your Rights to sell Firearm's and you want to shut down our 1stA rights ? Talking about Harm or hurting someone would be a Big NO NO in my book that crap should be deleted , They took down 1 i posted because i called the President Mr. Dementia ,Definition = symptoms affecting memory, Things aren't going to get better in our Country if you shut down free speech , Look at what there doing to PARENTS stickling up for there children at school board meetings - Biden wants to label them as DOMESTIC TERRORIST !!!!!!! , Yet when people were BURNING ,LOOTING,SHOOTING ,BREAKIING WINDOWS and burning the Police department down what did they Label them ? We the people are stickling up for your RIGHTS and OUR RIGHTS
That's the crux of the entire forum; to operate under the (forum) rules the 1A must/will be violated yet that is counterproductive to what we/forum should stand for.

That's the crux of the entire forum; to operate under the (forum) rules the 1A must/will be violated yet that is counterproductive to what we/forum should stand for.
1A doesn't apply to this forum or any other private forum. It never has, it never will. Only to government. Springfield can moderate speech on its private forum however it wants and there is no 1A violation. None, nada.

Last edited:
1633746436298.jpeg

We deal with politics and other sh*t in a million different places. Frankly, I could not care less about your political beliefs, nor do I want to hear them. Here, I want to escape into my happy place and learn about and discuss firearms and all that goes with it. Really not too much to ask.

1A doesn't apply to this forum or any other private forum. It never has, it never will. Only to government. Springfield can moderate speech on its private forum however it wants and there is no 1A violation. None, nada.
Well there it is then. No response to that statement would be adequate nor understood. Time and again my opinion and predictions concerning The Constitution and the folks who may read it but don't know what it means hits home.
Waste of time and interest on this topic; I'll be done with it with this parting shot: You've come too late to dictate to me where free speech is permitted.

Well there it is then. No response to that statement would be adequate nor understood. Time and again my opinion and predictions concerning The Constitution and the folks who may read it but don't know what it means hits home.
Waste of time and interest on this topic; I'll be done with it with this parting shot: You've come too late to dictate to me where free speech is permitted.
It's not me. It's the Constitution and what it says. The Supreme Court, too. And the intent of the Founders. But you be you and try asserting the First Amendment when a private entity polices its own property. I always appreciate someone who decides it's a waste of time to discuss when there are no facts or law on their side.

So I got censored and also had a thread removed.

I completely understand the reason for both. While not thrilled with either, I agree with why they did.

For the ones that don’t want to read political threads. Open it, see what it is about and move on. Nobody can make anyone read anything.

"For the ones that don’t want to read political threads. Open it, see what it is about and move on. Nobody can make anyone read anything."

I concur. The secret is to be selective and ignore the threads that are started by particular people. If ones sees/knows that a certain person, or persons, start threads just to see how many they can tick-off, or get a rise out of, skip over it. If they're interjecting themselves into other threads/topics, put them on the ignore list, but you have to be logged-in, so as not to see their posts. It makes "participating" a whole lot more enjoyable. I've had posts removed also. So be it. As long as something is not affecting my income or personal life, it's not a major deal.

Back