testtest

EMP FAILURE TO FEED

HARRY O

Alpha
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for advice on a topic I am sure has been covered. U have a new 9mm emp thats having a failure to feed issue. I have read about it before I bought it, however I thought Springfield had solved the problem. I was wrong. When I purchased the gun I broke it down and cleaned it. Took it to the range and put 200 rounds thru it mostly Winchester white box 115 gr fmj. Also ran hornady critical defense knowing the problems about the Hornady. not only did ti have a problem with the hornady but also the winchester. out of the 200 rounds I had 16 failure to feed.
Looking for advice and suggestions

i would try yet another ammo company. i have great luck with Federal, S&B, even Blazer, in all my 1911's. (.45 ACP)

however, Blazer will absolutely NOT load (FTF) in my CZ 97B.....(.45 ACP)

some guns can be finicky eaters.

Were the ftf sporadically occur throughout the rounds?
Did you have more issues with one brand over the other?
Does SA recommend a number of rounds to break in the gun?
I might be tempted to inquire SA about your experiences and see what they say.
only had about 20 rounds of hornady and i was expecting them but not the winchester I was A little shocked about those. I have not contacted Springfield yet only had the gun a week, looking to see if anyone solved the problem on there own

Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for advice on a topic I am sure has been covered. U have a new 9mm emp thats having a failure to feed issue. I have read about it before I bought it, however I thought Springfield had solved the problem. I was wrong. When I purchased the gun I broke it down and cleaned it. Took it to the range and put 200 rounds thru it mostly Winchester white box 115 gr fmj. Also ran hornady critical defense knowing the problems about the Hornady. not only did ti have a problem with the hornady but also the winchester. out of the 200 rounds I had 16 failure to feed.
Looking for advice and suggestions
First welcome to the forum. First call Springfield and talk to them about your issues, they may suggest you put more rounds through it or you can try that on your own first and try different manufacturers of ammunition.

Sounds like you only tried one mag I would definitely try couple different ones by the way welcome my friend. I had one brand new one with my 1911 it was a bad mag Springfield sent a new one out Wilson are really good mag for 1911

Last edited:
I would also try the other mag, also make sure it’s lubed ok, don’t over do it, just make sure it’s there, also some guns will not feed hollow points especially if there new guns at first, also try a different brand of fmc ammo if you can. I also agree don’t use the +p yet.

Sounds like you only tried one mag I would definitely try couple different ones by the way welcome my friend. I had one brand new one with my 1911 it was a bad mag Springfield sent a new one out Wilson are really good mag for 1911
the emp mag is made for the emp only out of Italy. I wish wilson combat made mags for it

Back