testtest

EMP FAILURE TO FEED

That is a high failure rate. You seem to have eliminated lubrication or ammo quality as the problem.

Harry how much experience do you have with compact pistols? I am not being critical of you here, but I ask because your grip is key to proper function of light weight pistols. I often see failure to feed or double feed with compact guns with students that occur due to a light grip, causing the slide to not travel fully to the rear. The recoil spring needs to be fully compressed during recoil for the pistol to extract and feed properly. It often pops up when a shooter transitions from a full size gun to a compact. Not usually a problem with larger, heavier pistols in heavier calibers. Give it a try with a firmer grip on the pistol. Again if you have already eliminated this issue, my apologies, just something to consider.

I would also try the other mag, also make sure it’s lubed ok, don’t over do it, just make sure it’s there, also some guns will not feed hollow points especially if there new guns at first, also try a different brand of fmc ammo if you can. I also agree don’t use the +p yet.
I would also try the other mag, also make sure it’s lubed ok, don’t over do it, just make sure it’s there, also some guns will not feed hollow points especially if there new guns at first, also try a different brand of fmc ammo if you can. I also agree don’t use the +p yet.
I thought ma
That is a high failure rate. You seem to have eliminated lubrication or ammo quality as the problem.

Harry how much experience do you have with compact pistols? I am not being critical of you here, but I ask because your grip is key to proper function of light weight pistols. I often see failure to feed or double feed with compact guns with students that occur due to a light grip, causing the slide to not travel fully to the rear. The recoil spring needs to be fully compressed during recoil for the pistol to extract and feed properly. It often pops up when a shooter transitions from a full size gun to a compact. Not usually a problem with larger, heavier pistols in heavier calibers. Give it a try with a firmer grip on the pistol. Again if you have already eliminated this issue, my apologies, just something to consider.
I agree. I have a Glock 36 a compact 45 which was really hard to get the hang of, but after alot of practice I love the gun. I also have s&w shield never a any problems

OK. MY EMP IS ON ITS WAY BACK FROM SPRINGFIELD FOR THE SECOND TIME. Springfield states that there tech ran 100 rounds of FMJ through the firearm and two mags. of hollow points with no failures, WE'LL SEE. Any advice of how to proceed if the failures continue. Considering my present EDC is a Glock 36 a sub compact 45 that i have no problems shooting. I cannot believe it could be a limp wrist problem.

OK. MY EMP IS ON ITS WAY BACK FROM SPRINGFIELD FOR THE SECOND TIME. Springfield states that there tech ran 100 rounds of FMJ through the firearm and two mags. of hollow points with no failures, WE'LL SEE. Any advice of how to proceed if the failures continue. Considering my present EDC is a Glock 36 a sub compact 45 that i have no problems shooting. I cannot believe it could be a limp wrist problem.
So they tested it, but by that do they mean they tested their repairs? Or that they found no problems and it tested ok ?

So they tested it, but by that do they mean they tested their repairs? Or that they found no problems and it tested ok ?
YES I had already sent it back once. They repaired it and sent it back. I shot maybe 10 rounds before it failed again. So I sent it back again. This time they ran 100 rounds through it with no malfunctions. I should have it back on Monday so we will see.

YES I had already sent it back once. They repaired it and sent it back. I shot maybe 10 rounds before it failed again. So I sent it back again. This time they ran 100 rounds through it with no malfunctions. I should have it back on Monday so we will see.
Gotcha…
Well, as has been suggested in some prev posts: if it were mine, I’d run it just a bit wet (lubricant) and use only FMJ for at least the next 100 rounds. And I’d watch my grip, etc.
Pls let us know how it goes this time - sharing info is what this forum’s all about ;)

So just stick with the G36.

Problem solved.

You should ask Springfield what ammo/weight they used that got them 100 rounds fired without a malfunction. Then try that ammo and see if you get the same results. Just a suggestion.

How does grip affect FTF?

Go Bucks!

You should ask Springfield what ammo/weight they used that got them 100 rounds fired without a malfunction. Then try that ammo and see if you get the same results. Just a suggestion.
Yeah they used 124 grain Blazer FMJ and 147 grain hollow points. I am going to use some federal 147 grain. my problems was with Remington's 115 grain. But I don't se why that should make a difference.

I spoke with SA about the ammo they'd recommend for the EMP 3". Definitely not +P or +P+ as a steady diet due to the increase ware on the frame, slide and some of the internals. Occasionally is OK, just not regularly. Also advised me to shoot about 300 rounds of target FMJ ammo to break it in. Then they don't recommend the more flat nose ammo for personal defense. I haven't shot mine yet, hopefully I will this weekend. If there are any feed issues after the break-in then there is going to be a problem.

I spoke with SA about the ammo they'd recommend for the EMP 3". Definitely not +P or +P+ as a steady diet due to the increase ware on the frame, slide and some of the internals. Occasionally is OK, just not regularly. Also advised me to shoot about 300 rounds of target FMJ ammo to break it in. Then they don't recommend the more flat nose ammo for personal defense. I haven't shot mine yet, hopefully I will this weekend. If there are any feed issues after the break-in then there is going to be a problem.
See I was also having problems with Hornady's critical duty, which has a pretty rounded nose.

Yeah they used 124 grain Blazer FMJ and 147 grain hollow points. I am going to use some federal 147 grain. my problems was with Remington's 115 grain. But I don't se why that should make a difference.
Well, some guns are particular on what ammo they like. I have a Walther CCP M2 9mm that just won't shoot Blazer Brass 115gr reliably (failure to fire, failure to eject). My Glock G19 Gen 4 would occasionally have stove pipes & failures to feed using 115gr range ammo. I called the Glock tech knowing they had a recall on the recoil springs (turns out my G19 came with the new one already installed). The Glock tech suggested that I use 124gr ammunition for several hundred rounds to break in / loosen the spring. It happens. Good luck with your second correction attempt, hope it works out okay.

Back