testtest

Your Best Home Defense Gun?

Seems I was just referencing this fact in a " Disagreement" here last night.

"Recently the FBI completed extensive testing on various handgun calibers. “Most of what is ‘common knowledge’ with ammunition and its effects on the human target are rooted in myth and folklore…Handgun stopping power is simply a myth,” the FBI said in its report. “There is little to no noticeable difference in the wound tracks between premium line law enforcement projectiles from 9mm Luger and .45 Auto.”

Seems I was just referencing this fact in a " Disagreement" here last night.

"Recently the FBI completed extensive testing on various handgun calibers. “Most of what is ‘common knowledge’ with ammunition and its effects on the human target are rooted in myth and folklore…Handgun stopping power is simply a myth,” the FBI said in its report. “There is little to no noticeable difference in the wound tracks between premium line law enforcement projectiles from 9mm Luger and .45 Auto.”

45 always flips steel, 9mm does not always flip steel.

Love the article. My choices came around to Springfield because of reliability, handling ease, comfort, cost and what I feel is a superior weapon. I have the XD for home/CCW, and an XDS FOR CCW. Both are 9MM and I am totally comfortably shooting them! I have owned S&W, ruger, Browning, Taurus, and like Springfield best.

Good article Fred. I agree with you; a purely home defense handgun can be any size and probably the sub-compacts aren't a good idea, unless the gun will be dual-use. A medium-sized pistol can be very versatile; if it has an accessory rail, a tactical light is a good choice. I also like a laser sight, but only if if has instinctive activation. Also keep an extra magazine with the pistol, not just for extra ammo, but in case you need to drop the magazine for a malfunction clearance.

Its whatever you can hit your target with, be it pistol, AR,AK, or shotgun. Me I keep a dbl bbl 12 ga loaded with 00buck standing within reach at the head of my bed and have a Glock 21 loaded with 14 rnds Hornady Critical Defense with a combo light and laser on my night stand within reach.

Glad the choice is left to the reader.My own choice is a 3inch 357 mag.with hydro shock ammo.I keep mine on nite stand.During the day gun is in lock box.If a bump in the night turn into a intruder.I want to keep it simple.

My bedside handgun is a CZ Phantom 18+1 rounds with Remington JHPs and laser. Also in a closet is a Mossberg 500. The CZ is crazy accurate, reliable, and the laser just an added bonus. It is a little too large for carry so that goes to 90% of the time to one of 4 H&K's. Leaving an occasional carry for a Sig P365 and Dan Wesson .45acp Bobtail Commander.

My bedside handgun is a CZ Phantom 18+1 rounds with Remington JHPs and laser. Also in a closet is a Mossberg 500. The CZ is crazy accurate, reliable, and the laser just an added bonus. It is a little too large for carry so that goes to 90% of the time to one of 4 H&K's. Leaving an occasional carry for a Sig P365 and Dan Wesson .45acp Bobtail Commander.
After Boomberg and Comrade De Blowhisnose, it's a wonder you have any protection at all.

Back