testtest

Springfield Armory’s FIRSTLINE: Discount Program for First Responders

I've bought two pistols through Springfields LE/Military discount program. A great discount. Getting to a dealership is a bit of a chore since I live in the Piney Woods of East Texas, but well worth the drive

Love that area. We often winter near Palestine. Love the mountain biking trails in Tyler.

Sorry to see the the SA-35 is not on this list. With it's long service record, it surely should be available on the program, just like the 1911's.
Agree! The SA-35 is a modern pistol, with better metallurgy than the original, if I'm not mistaken! The only design that I would EDC, however, is the Mil-Spec 1911. Even then, not every day but only anytime I go to church, because I want to protect it from the abuse that would happen when I'm out working on the property. For that, I rock my XDM-40. My 1911 is my church gun, and for that, custom leather from a friend online. If war broke out on US soil, then yeah I would absolutely carry it daily.

As for the SA-35, I would treat it like the 1911 and take that to church, too. Maybe I'm spoiled on polymer frame guns, but these historic designs seem too nice to EDC, as I often have work that's a bit demanding and I guess I just wouldn't want to take the chance of marring the finish, whether it be parkerized or blued. Anyhow, take a gander at this sweet custom leather! I'd have my friend make another holster & twin mag pouch just like this if I get an SA-35.

My Bible & Gun (Bitter Clinger Gear).jpg

Why does everyone think Truck Drivers are not front line workers and first responders? America stops without truckers. But yet another company puts out there list of qualified people for discounts and Commercial Truck Drivers are left out. I love Springfield Armory. My EDC is a Hellcat that i have carried every day since i got it when it was launched. But i just started carrying a P-365xl and stopped carrying my Hellcat because Sig supports Truck Drivers. Walthers also support Truck Drivers. This is said.... And people wonder why things r running out on the shelves and prices for delivery r going up making prices rise. Everyone calls us heroes when the need us. And don't even think about us when you don't.

Why does everyone think Truck Drivers are not front line workers and first responders? America stops without truckers. But yet another company puts out there list of qualified people for discounts and Commercial Truck Drivers are left out. I love Springfield Armory. My EDC is a Hellcat that i have carried every day since i got it when it was launched. But i just started carrying a P-365xl and stopped carrying my Hellcat because Sig supports Truck Drivers. Walthers also support Truck Drivers. This is said.... And people wonder why things r running out on the shelves and prices for delivery r going up making prices rise. Everyone calls us heroes when the need us. And don't even think about us when you don't.
There's tons of jobs that support the country besides truck drivers, like construction workers and sanitation workers etc...etc...etc... Though these jobs keep the country operating it's the first responders that keep most of the country safe.

With all due respect I don't look at truck drivers as a self sacrifice job nor do I look at the construction industry that I'm in as self sacrifice. Putting your life on the line for a job and keeping the country moving is too entirely different categories.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Springfield Armory’s FIRSTLINE: Discount Program for First Responders" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/springfield-armorys-firstline-discount-program-for-first-responders/.

I read through this. But it gave no mention of the discount percentage. I'm an Armed Security Consultant in Louisiana and Texas and I'm looking into the Saint. Cost is an issue as I am the only source of income for a household of 4.

Maybe I'm getting old and cynical, but I never really believed that gun companies gave discounts to cops, vets, and armed security professionals strictly as an expression of gratitude. I assumed that, like all companies, gun manufacturers were interested in selling their product. Gun companies know that people looking to buy a gun are likely to ask friends and neighbors for input, and the first people they turn to are those who carry guns for a living. One of the most common questions asked about guns when I was on patrol was, "What do you carry?". IMO gun companies were using armed professionals as the original "influencers" years before social media was a thing.

Gun manufacturers also know that if a whole lot of cops carry a certain brand of gun, their departments are likely to have a positive impression of the company and are more likely to adopt their products as service weapons. I'm guessing this is also the reason that more gun companies offer discounts to Armored Car Drivers than to the truck drivers that we all depend on for everything we buy. I am honestly appreciative of any discount that I ever received for my service, but I'm not so sure that all of them were done strictly as a nice gesture.

My LGS participates in the program. They recently got in 5-6 Hellions, normal price to customers $1999, Firstline price $1650. Pretty big discount...

I’ll have to ask my old man if he made any headway on this. I got him in touch with a company on the list but never found out what happened after that.

I'm a big fan of this program but have found as with many programs that the discounts don't extend to those that are either full-time or volunteer chaplains. Any chance that this could be expanded to this group of folks?
I've never heard of anyone. The Chaplain who visits our Hospital asked and most of the gun stores offered him a discount but not any programs like this exist for clergy that I'm aware of.

The program sounds good, and grateful for the consideration by Springfield. Unfortunately, it is not viable with just a few dealers hundreds of miles away. From what I can see, in Wisconsin, there are three participating dealers, in Green Bay, Madison, and Hudson. There are hundreds of gun shops in Wisconsin. There are particularly no participating dealers in the Southwest, Northwest, and NorthCentral parts of the state.

The program sounds good, and grateful for the consideration by Springfield. Unfortunately, it is not viable with just a few dealers hundreds of miles away. From what I can see, in Wisconsin, there are three participating dealers, in Green Bay, Madison, and Hudson. There are hundreds of gun shops in Wisconsin. There are particularly no participating dealers in the Southwest, Northwest, and NorthCentral parts of the state.
You can actually order from a First Line dealer over the phone and have it shipped to a dealer near you. I ordered Two Ronins, a 4.25 inch 45 acp in June and a 4.25 inch 9mm in July, did the form and sent my retired LE ID by email, then called and paid with a credit card, and received my receilt by email. I used Atlantic Tactical who asked if I wanted the pistols shipped to an FFL closer to me when they come in, But fortunately I am only 50 minutes away and told the customer service person I would drive down to pick them up when they come in. If it was further I would have arranged to have them shipped to one of my LGS.

Back