testtest

Price gouging!

I've been checking several ammunition sellers and can't believe what I'm seeing. Just 2 weeks ago I was paying 12.99-13.25 a box of 45 acp Sellier and Bellot. Today the same box is 21.99! That's a $9 a fifty, $18 a hundred increase. I could see a 10, maybe even a 15-20% increase, but over 70%, that's just ridiculous. As someone who shoots daily and doesn't reload I'm seriously thinking about finding a cheaper hobby!

I agree! I checked the 3 Ammo stores that I normally do business with, and they all have increased Their prices by a huge amount. I plan on asking why. Like you, I can understand a moderate increase, but these prices a re double and triple what they were just a few weeks ago.

Supply and demand fellas 🤷‍♂️. It's because these new gun buyer are willing to pay those prices. Hopefully after all the :poop: subsides, we'll get back to normalcy and reasonable prices. Thank goodness I have a large supply currently and don't need more at the moment.

Supply and demand fellas 🤷‍♂️. It's because these new gun buyer are willing to pay those prices. Hopefully after all the :poop: subsides, we'll get back to normalcy and reasonable prices. Thank goodness I have a large supply currently and don't need more at the moment.
You can bet I'll remember who jacked up their prices and took advantage of us shooters! Target sports has only very minimal increases. I just ordered a thousand 10 for 15/50, that's 8$ a box less than almost everyone else is getting for the cheapest 45acp, which was way less than 10 mm just a couple weeks ago.

It is supply and demand and I understand a business standpoint to an EXTENT. I understand you want to raise the price a lil, while the getting is good but come on. CTD amongst others can pound sand for the crap they did after Sandy Hook. This is another “fine” time to take advantage, excuses me, raise prices during this hard time, oops, I mean crisis everyone is going through. That’s really the way to do business, “get em while they’re down”. Should be their motto. Good on them I hope they are feeling good all the way to the bank.

I actually bought some ammo from a local place Sunday...147gr AE 9mm was 12.99/50, so I picked up a half case...like to have some subsonic on hand, and I was low. The price really wasn’t bad for 147’s, either...

PMC 55gr FMJ .223 was at $350/case, a little bit more expensive than usual, but not terrible.

If the government is saying gun stores are essential (which I agree) in this pandemic then prices on essential supplies should not be raised for max profits. If every business out there has to shut and can't make a living then the few that are open shouldn't be allowed to rape us because they are considered essential.

I'm pretty sure there are laws against this!

Just a thought I'm not trying to push an agenda.

Last edited:
If the government is saying gun stores are essential (which I agree) in this pandemic then essential supplies should not be raised for max profits. If every business out there has to shut and can't make a living the few that are open shouldn't be allowed to rape us because they are considered essential.

I'm pretty sure there are laws against this!

Just a thought I'm not trying to push an agenda.

That’s a fair point...

It is supply and demand and I understand a business standpoint to an EXTENT. I understand you want to raise the price a lil, while the getting is good but come on. CTD amongst others can pound sand for the crap they did after Sandy Hook. This is another “fine” time to take advantage, excuses me, raise prices during this hard time, oops, I mean crisis everyone is going through. That’s really the way to do business, “get em while they’re down”. Should be their motto. Good on them I hope they are feeling good all the way to the bank.
Oh, I'm not condoning nor justifying it, just that some businesses will raise prices when demand is high. As other posters have mentioned, you remember who did this and shop elsewhere in the future.

OK, I have made several purchases of ammo recently. Just as some of you I train often. The best place I have found for ammo that isn't price gouging is Academy. They have 200 rounds of .45 ACP for around $65.00 it's like .33 cents a round. And it's in both Winchester and Federal FMJ. Not bad considering the current events.
They also get in other calibers but you have to order or be there when they open to get any 9mm or 5.56 because it goes fast. Plus they only allow each customer to only buy 5 boxes each. That way the ammo can be available to more people.

Stop buying! It’s real easy stop buying during a panic. Wait for the demand to go down.....Corona will go away......the election will pass. We just went through the whole panic buying with the last election the day after the last election you could not give the stuff away. Remember AR prices were the cheapest they have ever been they will get back that way. Ammunition manufacturers will continue to make ammo, eventually people will start running out of money then you buy.

don't be caught up in the BS when prices come down buy some ammo to have a stash on hand. every month allocate money to buy a couple boxs For stash. After a couple years you will be able to weather a storm like this.

Stop buying! It’s real easy stop buying during a panic. Wait for the demand to go down.....Corona will go away......the election will pass. We just went through the whole panic buying with the last election the day after the last election you could not give the stuff away. Remember AR prices were the cheapest they have ever been they will get back that way. Ammunition manufacturers will continue to make ammo, eventually people will start running out of money then you buy.
And after the gun buying rush is over and things return to normal, you can get a gun really cheap as a lot of people will be selling what they bought in a impulse panic.

Back