testtest

Are you over prepared ?

Here’s my take. I don’t have tactical stuff. I will never be running into battle nor will i be an army of one. I am not a hero, nor do i want to be. I am not trained for that and would probably do more harm than good. Honestly, i am not interested in going that route nor do i have that kind of $$$. (Although those all look pretty cool)
I have a plan and what i need to keep, or at least try to keep my wife and me safe at home. I have my bedside gun that feels like an extension of my hand now and a rifle that i am proficient with out to at least 40 yards (my range length) using iron sights if that is ever needed.
So for my needs and my abilities i feel i am adequately prepared.

That's smart. I believe I am more than adequately prepared for any kind of incident that would likely happen here at home too. There are a few more little things I plan on doing though. Like you I have no intention of saving anyone other than myself and my own and I'm under no illusion that I am qualified to any way.

That's smart. I believe I am more than adequately prepared for any kind of incident that would likely happen here at home too. There are a few more little things I plan on doing though. Like you I have no intention of saving anyone other than myself and my own and I'm under no illusion that I am qualified to any way.
Guess I'm wacko, have weapons in almost all rooms.

Here’s my take. I don’t have tactical stuff. I will never be running into battle nor will i be an army of one. I am not a hero, nor do i want to be. I am not trained for that and would probably do more harm than good. Honestly, i am not interested in going that route nor do i have that kind of $$$. (Although those all look pretty cool)
I have a plan and what i need to keep, or at least try to keep my wife and me safe at home. I have my bedside gun that feels like an extension of my hand now and a rifle that i am proficient with out to at least 40 yards (my range length) using iron sights if that is ever needed.
So for my needs and my abilities i feel i am adequately prepared.
Where's your shock & awe spirit, dude? Kidding of course, whatever you are proficient and comfortable with is what's best.

I have lots of gear and have learned what works and doesnt work chasing hogs thru Texas landscape in all weather, day or night. For my needs.
Each person will have a diff set of circumstances on what they need to be successful.
Just like an LE officer may need a different set up than an Army Ranger.

I run a non plate carrier chest rig for mags, light, knife and pistol mag.
Lightweight and easy to move/run after hogs.

Technology I run will own the night. NVG’s, compatible RDS and Thermals.
5CCCB0C4-ED2F-4C3E-8816-BC9E1C6C3257.jpeg
Prob have better equipment than the local PD.
I need to lose weight, but I’m not Meal Team 6 material… 😜😂😂

I have lots of gear and have learned what works and doesnt work chasing hogs thru Texas landscape in all weather, day or night. For my needs.
Each person will have a diff set of circumstances on what they need to be successful.
Just like an LE officer may need a different set up than an Army Ranger.

I run a non plate carrier chest rig for mags, light, knife and pistol mag.
Lightweight and easy to move/run after hogs.

Technology I run will own the night. NVG’s, compatible RDS and Thermals. View attachment 45743Prob have better equipment than the local PD.
I need to lose weight, but I’m not Meal Team 6 material… 😜😂😂
Dude, you actually use the stuff you have. That's totally different than what I was prattling on about. ;)

well actually us
food ...3 freezers all refilled this past weekend so we are good for 6-7 months on meat (chicken, beef, pork)
wife made up 4 meals of lasagna, and lumpia
we have fuel for both generators combined would give us 6 to 9 weeks of power, longer if we run to charge up then shut down for hours.

we dont worry about ww3 or such, but we are prepared like we do for winter storms and summer tornadoes.
we have a shelter as well.

So... Did anyone watch the video and care to comment on the content ? I think this subject was slightly broached here in a thread a few days back, which is why I thought some might find this guy's take interesting. @Wannabewoodsman turned me on to this guy.
I watched it and got distracted the the fire in the wood stove. It appears that the stove is up against the wall and has very little space between flammable materials that make up the wall. As far as his message, keeping it simple is the way to go, but what you carry is kind of based on the environment you'll be in. If you can't use it where you're going that's no reason to tote it.

I watched it and got distracted the the fire in the wood stove. It appears that the stove is up against the wall and has very little space between flammable materials that make up the wall. As far as his message, keeping it simple is the way to go, but what you carry is kind of based on the environment you'll be in. If you can't use it where you're going that's no reason to tote it.
It's a good thing he's a firefighter then . :ROFLMAO:

Back