testtest

Saint AR Pistol Failure

I just bought a Saint AR pistol in 5.56 Friday afternoon. Took it to the range Sunday. Failure to extract on the very first round. Needed a cleaning rod to clear the spent casing. Second round, exactly the same thing. After five rounds I gave up. The extractor is destroying the casing when it fires so it has nothing to grab on to in order to extract. Extremely disappointing. This thing will be going back Monday morning. Absolutely no way I would trust my life to this weapon. Has anyone else had similar problems.

I just bought a Saint AR pistol in 5.56 Friday afternoon. Took it to the range Sunday. Failure to extract on the very first round. Needed a cleaning rod to clear the spent casing. Second round, exactly the same thing. After five rounds I gave up. The extractor is destroying the casing when it fires so it has nothing to grab on to in order to extract. Extremely disappointing. This thing will be going back Monday morning. Absolutely no way I would trust my life to this weapon. Has anyone else had similar problems.
Chris I’m sorry to hear your having issues with it. Have you contacted Springfield Armory about this I’m sure they would be very happy to take care of you. Springfield Armory’s customer service representatives can answer your questions/concerns Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30 CST via phone at 1-800-680-6866, International: +1-309-944-5631 or email at sales@springfield-armory.com.

Sounds like an extremely tight chamber? Could be your BCG, a weak extractor or your rifle is unlocking to early. Is the spent casing extracting at all or once fired is it stuck all the way in the chamber as if it was just chambered. Also is the round no going on top, or trying to go on top of the spent casing?

Sounds like an extremely tight chamber? Could be your BCG, a weak extractor or your rifle is unlocking to early. Is the spent casing extracting at all or once fired is it stuck all the way in the chamber as if it was just chambered. Also is the round no going on top, or trying to go on top of the spent casing?
The chamber is not too tight, or it would have been difficult from me to remove the round with a claening rod, but it came right out with a little tap. The casing is not extracting at all, It could be unlocking too early, but there is no way for me to tell. The bolt face is covered in brass shavings, as it is tearing up the casing, but it only happens after the round is fired. If I chamber a round, and then manually extract using the charging handle it seems to work fine.

Now, after trying again, about 1 in 5 rounds I chamber and remove manually gets stuck, and there are also so pretty good scratches on the casings after I pull them out of the chamber. My first call is going to be to the gun shop, hopefully they will take the gun back and refund my money. If not then I'll deal with Springfield. This is seriously disappointing. Probably the last Springfield product I'll ever purchase.

Now, after trying again, about 1 in 5 rounds I chamber and remove manually gets stuck, and there are also so pretty good scratches on the casings after I pull them out of the chamber. My first call is going to be to the gun shop, hopefully they will take the gun back and refund my money. If not then I'll deal with Springfield. This is seriously disappointing. Probably the last Springfield product I'll ever purchase.
Was this the Saint Victor or the Saint Edge in 5.56

What brand of ammo? I have had an issue like this with my mossberg jm pro 12 gauge. The extractor was ripping through shell after the shot. Got better shells and never had an issue again.

Not sure if it can happen with rifle ammo though.

You said you just bought this. I assume you cleaned it before you shot it?

I have the second version of the full size Saint 5.56 the one with the floating hand guard and it’s been a rock solid shooter from day one. My second was the Saint Victor Pistol in 300 BO
After comparing the two new 5.56 pistols, Victor versus Edge the edge has the hardware and build specs and just slightly longer barrel that looks like a heavier (tech wise) built rifle.

Two things today. Went to my local S.P.B store and picked up the Saint Edge Pistol in 5.56. Store was practically empty purchase took maybe 15 minutes tops.
3B69EAF4-FEF8-490D-9B04-0696BA3B6FCE.jpeg
A7FB80CC-1433-4741-9F7B-9CC545A10543.jpeg

Walking out the truck I was flagged down by a guy I recognized as a customer from the gun shop, he was at the counter when I was looking over the Edge before the purchase. We talked AR’s and he told me he had picked up the Saint Victor in 5.56 two weeks ago and went on to tell me he was having the same issues described by Chris in this post and his gun was sent back to Springfield Armory for review and repair.

Two things today. Went to my local S.P.B store and picked up the Saint Edge Pistol in 5.56. Store was practically empty purchase took maybe 15 minutes tops.
View attachment 4716View attachment 4717
Walking out the truck I was flagged down by a guy I recognized as a customer from the gun shop, he was at the counter when I was looking over the Edge before the purchase. We talked AR’s and he told me he had picked up the Saint Victor in 5.56 two weeks ago and went on to tell me he was having the same issues described by Chris in this post and his gun was sent back to Springfield Armory for review and repair.
Nice pistol. Congrats !
Maybe SA had a bad series batch of parts ??

View attachment 4716View attachment 4717
I love my AR pistol. Grats on that awesome weapon.

Back