testtest

Best Hellcat Ammo?

In what manner?

As far as general shooting...whatever you can get for the cheapest, that your gun runs reliably.

I say that because not all guns like all rounds; just because my Hellcat likes, for instance, Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ is no guarantee yours will (but it most likely will). So pick up a few different makes, see how they feed in your pistol, and go from there.

As far as defensive ammo? That’s a more involved question...if that’s what you’re asking, let me know, I’ll follow up.

But I’m going to let you in on a dirty little secret that it takes many shooters YEARS to find out:

There is no single, objective “best” ammunition, for any gun.

In what manner?

As far as general shooting...whatever you can get for the cheapest, that your gun runs reliably.

I say that because not all guns like all rounds; just because my Hellcat likes, for instance, Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ is no guarantee yours will (but it most likely will). So pick up a few different makes, see how they feed in your pistol, and go from there.

As far as defensive ammo? That’s a more involved question...if that’s what you’re asking, let me know, I’ll follow up.

But I’m going to let you in on a dirty little secret that it takes many shooters YEARS to find out:

Great points!

In what manner?

Yup Hans, my Hellcat ran fine using the Blazer Brass 115gr you mentioned in your post, as well (y)

In what manner?

Defensive round. Ive ran 300 rounds of Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ with no problems. I was just looking for a defensive round

Defensive round. Ive ran 300 rounds of Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ with no problems. I was just looking for a defensive round

Start here.

Find out what rounds perform better out of short barrels, and, more importantly, why they are said to perform better.

Pick a couple that look good, and see if your Hellcat likes them; are they reliable? Accurate? Controllable in rapid fire? If you find one that checks all the boxes...run a few mags worth to confirm reliability, and stock up.

speer124grain+pjhpgolddot.jpg

Back