testtest

Best Hellcat Ammo?

As you see, the number of correct answers is both zero and infinite at the same time. That said, I have used a number of different defensive rounds -- HST Micro stands out -- but as a result of some recent information from some sources I respect highly I have switched all of my 9mm defensive ammo to Underwood Xtreme Defender 90 gr +P+. That is emphaticaly not a recommendation, but you might want to search recent YouTube reviews of its performance, and decide for yourself. Good luck with your search!
Not going to dispute the round but as a Mod I feel obligated that mention that +p+ is not Saami rated and therefore voids your warranty.

I've been hearing really bad things about the Winchester white box ammo both 9mm and .45ACP. I've got a bunch of it dating back several years in both calibers, almost afraid to shoot it thru my handguns...lol.
Even my trash guns (Guns that eat and shoot anything) sometimes have trouble with Winchester White Box. It’s really poor quality in my opinion especially as of late. I’ve heard tell tho that Winchester Intentionally does that to try and make people buy their higher quality ammo. However you can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Even my trash guns (Guns that eat and shoot anything) sometimes have trouble with Winchester White Box. It’s really poor quality in my opinion especially as of late. I’ve heard tell tho that Winchester Intentionally does that to try and make people buy their higher quality ammo. However you can’t seem to find it anywhere.
Wow, nice marketing ploy, huh?..lol
I used to find good deals on that white box ammo all the time, mainly my reason for buying it. I'd say I have about 500 rounds of 9mm, and probably about the same of .45ACP. I've found that my Glocks in particular seem to eat any kind of ammo without complaint, I've shot some really crappy ammo over the last 20 years thru my Glock 21 and Glock 19 that fouled the internal workings of the pistol to the point it looked like a film of black goo on the inside but the Glocks kept spitting the ammo out without protest. Took me forever to clean them after those range sessions but no FTE or FTF malfunctions. I'm not sure what to do with all that Winchester white box ammo, guess I could take the Glocks out and have a range day and just shoot it all to get rid of it maybe.

Wow, nice marketing ploy, huh?..lol
I used to find good deals on that white box ammo all the time, mainly my reason for buying it. I'd say I have about 500 rounds of 9mm, and probably about the same of .45ACP. I've found that my Glocks in particular seem to eat any kind of ammo without complaint, I've shot some really crappy ammo over the last 20 years thru my Glock 21 and Glock 19 that fouled the internal workings of the pistol to the point it looked like a film of black goo on the inside but the Glocks kept spitting the ammo out without protest. Took me forever to clean them after those range sessions but no FTE or FTF malfunctions. I'm not sure what to do with all that Winchester white box ammo, guess I could take the Glocks out and have a range day and just shoot it all to get rid of it maybe.
Yea personally if your cheapest product don’t work I won’t be buying your more expensive product ether. Not sure if that was their actual plan behind that ether. Just what I’ve been told by some people. As far as how to get rid of it without “wasting” it if your glocks shoot it without complaints then sounds like you have a range date scheduled you lucky devil 😈 you lol.

Yea personally if your cheapest product don’t work I won’t be buying your more expensive product ether. Not sure if that was their actual plan behind that ether. Just what I’ve been told by some people. As far as how to get rid of it without “wasting” it if your glocks shoot it without complaints then sounds like you have a range date scheduled you lucky devil 😈 you lol.
Definitely. I don't have any other kind of Winchester ammo, never really bought any Winchester self defense ammo, always tend to stick with Federal or Hornady for that type of ammo. Yeah, the Glocks have not had a range day in quite a while, I've bought a few new pistols over the last couple of years so they've been properly maintained but stuck in the gun closet for an extended amount of time. That old Glock 21 Gen 3 has had countless rounds put thru it since I bought it in 1999 back when the Gen 3s were only a year old or so. If any of my handguns deserve a retirement, it's that one...lol. I lost track long ago of how many rounds have been put thru that handgun and it's NEVER jammed, not once, no malfunctions over 21 years. I've replaced it with a Springfield XD45 mod 2 4-inch recently as far as my nightstand home defense handgun, but the old G21 definitely served its purpose. High end Hornday Critical Defense ammo? No problem. Cut rate bargain bin ammo made in the Phillipines? Eh, load it up, the G21 will eat it without complaint....lol I bet it shoots that Winchester white box ammo...lol

Definitely. I don't have any other kind of Winchester ammo, never really bought any Winchester self defense ammo, always tend to stick with Federal or Hornady for that type of ammo. Yeah, the Glocks have not had a range day in quite a while, I've bought a few new pistols over the last couple of years so they've been properly maintained but stuck in the gun closet for an extended amount of time. That old Glock 21 Gen 3 has had countless rounds put thru it since I bought it in 1999 back when the Gen 3s were only a year old or so. If any of my handguns deserve a retirement, it's that one...lol. I lost track long ago of how many rounds have been put thru that handgun and it's NEVER jammed, not once, no malfunctions over 21 years. I've replaced it with a Springfield XD45 mod 2 4-inch recently as far as my nightstand home defense handgun, but the old G21 definitely served its purpose. High end Hornday Critical Defense ammo? No problem. Cut rate bargain bin ammo made in the Phillipines? Eh, load it up, the G21 will eat it without complaint....lol I bet it shoots that Winchester white box ammo...lol
I use WWB almost exclusively for my xdm 40. It’s totally not reliable but for the range I really don’t care all that much. When I get a dud it’s just another chance to practice a failure drill. They don’t hurt the gun, just make a mess for cleaning later, and with the price of 40 always climbing I’m good with it.

I use WWB almost exclusively for my xdm 40. It’s totally not reliable but for the range I really don’t care all that much. When I get a dud it’s just another chance to practice a failure drill. They don’t hurt the gun, just make a mess for cleaning later, and with the price of 40 always climbing I’m good with it.
I haven't taken my G22 .40 cal out to the range for several years. I was never a huge fan of the .40 cal but the G22 I've always kept just for it reliability factor. It's my second oldest handgun, a Gen 3 purchased in 2000. I actually had to replace the night sights last year because they went completely out on me...lol. I have been looking at a S&W Shield .40 cal. I have a Shield .45ACP and I absolutely love it so I'm curious if the Shield .40 cal would shoot as well.

I haven't taken my G22 .40 cal out to the range for several years. I was never a huge fan of the .40 cal but the G22 I've always kept just for it reliability factor. It's my second oldest handgun, a Gen 3 purchased in 2000. I actually had to replace the night sights last year because they went completely out on me...lol. I have been looking at a S&W Shield .40 cal. I have a Shield .45ACP and I absolutely love it so I'm curious if the Shield .40 cal would shoot as well.
Yeah the only reason I have the 40 is it was my dads and then my first handgun. It mostly sits in a fast-access in my living room. Don’t have a 45 yet but there’s a possibility I might be getting my hands on a WW1 era 1911. Keep asking my MIL “hey did ya take that Colt to the shop and get it unstuck and the round removed?” It was sitting in her house loaded and hammer rusted half cocked for decades. I did finally convince her it was dangerous and got her to stick it in a gun safe pointing a safe direction.

Yeah the only reason I have the 40 is it was my dads and then my first handgun. It mostly sits in a fast-access in my living room. Don’t have a 45 yet but there’s a possibility I might be getting my hands on a WW1 era 1911. Keep asking my MIL “hey did ya take that Colt to the shop and get it unstuck and the round removed?” It was sitting in her house loaded and hammer rusted half cocked for decades. I did finally convince her it was dangerous and got her to stick it in a gun safe pointing a safe direction.
WOW! That is a weird situation...lol. That would be awesome to own a 1911 but that would be nerve wracking having it in that condition...lol I've never owned a 1911, always wanted to but never had the money to buy the one I want, the Colt Defender series is the one I've always liked the looks of but as any Colt, it's pretty expensive. I also like a lot of the Springfield model 1911 handguns also.

I have all three calibers of the Performance Center Shield (Version 1), pistols (9,40,45). They all shoot equally as well, but the 40 is the snappiest with the most recoil of the bunch, making followup shots a bit more challenging.

I have all three calibers of the Performance Center Shield (Version 1), pistols (9,40,45). They all shoot equally as well, but the 40 is the snappiest with the most recoil of the bunch, making followup shots a bit more challenging.
I have heard that exact same thing from a few other people I know that have the .40 Shield. The .45 Shield I have is surprisingly controllable as far as recoil for a 3.3 inch barrel. Not sure how they designed it so well, but it's a great CCW. Not a large number of rounds, but enough to do some damage in a worst case scenario.

I have a 1918 (Black Army), Colt 1911 that I haven't fired yet, Okie. As a recent collector of WWI and WWII era weapons, I couldn't pass up the opportunity when I saw it for sale at a LGS. I hope you get an opportunity to be able to eventually get that one you have your eye on.

I've offered to upgrade my wife's CCW from her Shield 9mm version 1 to the 2.0 or something different, but she adamantly refuses to give hers up. She says it's the most accurate handgun she's ever fired and she's consistently very good with it as far as targets at 15 yards or closer.

I have a 1918 (Black Army), Colt 1911 that I haven't fired yet, Okie. As a recent collector of WWI and WWII era weapons, I couldn't pass up the opportunity when I saw it for sale at a LGS. I hope you get an opportunity to be able to eventually get that one you have your eye on.
WOW. If you get a chance, would love to see a pic of that 1918 version. I would love to have a WW1 era Colt 1911. The Colt Defender is definitely on my bucket list. I'd really like to have a matched pair, to be honest, but those are usually astronomically priced.

I have heard that exact same thing from a few other people I know that have the .40 Shield. The .45 Shield I have is surprisingly controllable as far as recoil for a 3.3 inch barrel. Not sure how they designed it so well, but it's a great CCW. Not a large number of rounds, but enough to do some damage in a worst case scenario.
Yup, my 45 Shield is my current carry as well. I have several 40's (Sigs P320, Glocks G27, other S&W M&P (fullsize), Berreta PX4 Storm). No matter what size, they all have more felt recoil than my equivalent 45's of the same size for comparison).

WOW. If you get a chance, would love to see a pic of that 1918 version. I would love to have a WW1 era Colt 1911. The Colt Defender is definitely on my bucket list. I'd really like to have a matched pair, to be honest, but those are usually astronomically priced.
G25, Here's a picture of all my 1911's from a post here "Show off your 1911". The text below is a description of the shown picture. The 2nd row of Colts are the "Black Army", Colt Gold Cup 45, and Colt Delta Elite 10mm.

Mixture of both .45 & 10mm. Top row all Springfield Armory, 2nd row all Colt and bottom row Kimber & Ruger. Last column of each row are the 10mm, the Colt in 1st column is a 1918 "Black Army" (goes nice with the 1942 P08 Mauser "Black Widow" Luger (not shown), that I own.
IMG_1152.JPG

I've offered to upgrade my wife's CCW from her Shield 9mm version 1 to the 2.0 or something different, but she adamantly refuses to give hers up. She says it's the most accurate handgun she's ever fired and she's consistently very good with it as far as targets at 15 yards or closer.
I have the 9MM Shield V1 (non Perf. Center), that I had an APEX trigger installed (Big improvement). The PC Version 1's improved the trigger along with ported barrel and slide (wanted to see the difference with trigger and recoil reduction (if any) from the ported barrel/slide. The Sheild V2.0 supposedly improved the trigger from the V1 (I always wondered if it was the same trigger from the Performance Center V1 trigger). I don't know what the PC Sheild V2 improvements were over the basic V2.0 Shields.

1589996741931.gif

Oh snap.........🤪🤪🤪🤪

Yup, my 45 Shield is my current carry as well. I have several 40's (Sigs P320, Glocks G27, other S&W M&P (fullsize), Berreta PX4 Storm). No matter what size, they all have more felt recoil than my equivalent 45's of the same size for comparison).
I think the Shield 45 is also the most comfortable CCW I've carried down thru the years. I've been carrying concealed since 1999 when I first got my license but this Shield is very flat and easy to conceal, also rides quite comfortably IWB no matter if I'm sitting or driving.

You're right on the .40 cal, I've always noticed they are snappier than a .45ACP. The .45 recoil always seems more......predictable or maybe it's just more an even type of recoil, whereas with the .40, even thought I've shot it a lot trying to get used to the recoil, I just never have been as comfortable with it as I am a .45ACP.

Back