testtest

.22 for concealed carry, are you kidding me?

I have a NAA mini mag revolver but seldom carry it. They are impressive for what they are and made really well. It is perfect because of its size and weight for those rare occasions when you feel you absolutely can't conceal anything else and beats throwing rocks...

What the heck is up with these new .22 LR pistols being touted for self defense? Are CCW holders in general so week that they need an easy rack gun or a .22 caliber to handle the recoil? .22s are awesome for plinking and tormenting tin cans but come on... We have the most feable amoung us arming themselves with low capacity unreliable mouse guns. What am I am missing?
giphy.gif
They say it does more damage on the inside. Not my choice at all. I carry my XDM 40 compact. I want the stopping power! Just my preference.

I have a NAA mini mag revolver but seldom carry it. They are impressive for what they are and made really well. It is perfect because of its size and weight for those rare occasions when you feel you absolutely can't conceal anything else and beats throwing rocks...
Yeah, I was kidding in my above post, but I saw these in a video on "Gun Talk" and they look impressive. I definitely could see these as a Back Up Gun (BUG), and like you say, better than throwing rocks as a last resort.

Even though I don't carry one or own one in pistol form I don't see the issue carrying one out running errands. I would imagine 2 to the forehead would be pretty damn effective. Although I could completely misunderstand the purpose of concealed carry.

22.....Double barreled, Binary Trigger with 100 round drum could be effective.
Little difficult to conceal but effective.

Yeah, I was kidding in my above post, but I saw these in a video on "Gun Talk" and they look impressive. I definitely could see these as a Back Up Gun (BUG), and like you say, better than throwing rocks as a last resort.

I have an NAA in .22LR with the 1 & 5/8" BBL. I mainly bought it just because of the workman ship but I have carried it along with my main EDC a few times. They are very well made .

My wife has the .380 EZ. We got it for her as she couldn't easily manipulate my XDS. The 380 is fun to shoot, and I'm thinking about looking into their EZ 9 model, sometime in the future.
My wife used to shoot the Super Blackhawk with my "warm" loads one handed. Now she can't hardly budge a slide so she wants to go back to a wheel gun. I convinced her to keep the Glock in condition one. Even changing mags she need not yank on the slide. With her "Arthur" she can change a mag easier and faster than refilling a wheel.

In this post thread and others, it's been mentioned of the S&W 380ez and newly announced S&W 9ez, being alternative firearms for those with disabilities such as arthritis in the hands and fingers. I have linked below, a review of the S&W 9ez for those that may be interested. It explains the features that may make this an option for those that have difficulties carrying/owning other firearms.

This is tough for me. I get “anything is better than nothing” I really do. However, I am always conflicted with this discussion. .22 lr seems so insufficient when we are constantly bombarded with youtube videos test ing in ballistics gel and meat targets. Since this question narrowed to concealed carry context I’m not sure it is. Does .22lr kill? Yes. Does it “STOP”? Not unless you are extremely skilled or lucky. Does a 22 immobilize? A 22 to the thigh versus a 9mm to the thigh I think the 9mm has a better chance to immobilize , for example, or at least slow them down to allow you more options to get to safety.
I’ve seen YouTube videos where LEOs have had to shoot more than 10 times to stop the threat.I’m sure they weren’t using 22s.
I suppose it depends on the situation but if I had a choice, I would not choose a 22lr for concealed carry. I would not bet my families lives on it.
My wife is an ER nurse. She has seen her share of gsw deaths. We are both ccw carriers. She carries a 9mm or .45.

I don't think I would use it for self defense unless it is all I had.
That being said I would use it for practice.
I started shooting in the 70's with revolvers and before going to the range I practiced with a .22 pellet gun, saved a lot on ammo.
There is a boat load of pellet and bb guns that are exact copies of what is on the market.
I used a Crosman 38c which is the exact weight and size as a Smith&Wesson model 15.

I know there are alternatives out there. My camp is when it comes to EDC use the same gun & ammo
you intend to carry. I believe using a replica BB or CO2 doesn't prepare the shooter for a
real world incident. My way may be more expensive but will pay for it's self in the end. IMHO[/QUOTE]

I cannot answer the “Why?” as too CCW with a .22LR. However, I can imagine that having a gun available provides comfort and could discourage would be attackers. Maybe a really good self-defense designed ammunition could add a layer of protection?
Just a thought.
Now we go to the 57. How about Ruger and their new one chambered in 57. Not sure on the cost.

Back