testtest

.308 Bolt Carrier Group Question

As a follow up to my Savage saga the gun was delivered to Savage Arms service department yesterday at 10:15am
I called customer service late yesterday afternoon to find out the process. I was told there turnaround time is 3 weeks and I would be contacted on what was found and cost of repair before they move forward. I also learned that if it is determined to be a warranty repair 🙏 they would just repair it with no contact and send it back to me.

No, it did not. Got one the first week they came out, so I dont know if they offer ambi safety now
Well I ask because on Springfield’s website there is one picture showing a safety select lever on the right side but other pictures don’t.

And after looking again it’s on the 5.56 B5 version.

Last edited:
So an update on my Savage AR10 MSR Hunter.
Recap.
Delivered to Savage on 9/29
Unboxed and put into the repair queue on 10/12.
Never received a phone call from anyone on status of repair.
I called today and was told the bolt was replaced and the gun was test shot successfully and is now on its way back to me due to arrive on Thursday.
The best part it was repaired under warranty. Oh yeah.

So an update on my Savage AR10 MSR Hunter.
Recap.
Delivered to Savage on 9/29
Unboxed and put into the repair queue on 10/12.
Never received a phone call from anyone on status of repair.
I called today and was told the bolt was replaced and the gun was test shot successfully and is now on its way back to me due to arrive on Thursday.
The best part it was repaired under warranty. Oh yeah.
Awesome end result!

Finding out that the repair was done under warranty, (NOT COMPlAINING)
And knowing that the rifle has only a one year warranty and I was upfront that I purchased the rifle over a year and half ago I can’t help but wonder if they knew the bolt was defective????
And I use the term defective based on the condition of the bolt lugs after only a round count of no more then 350.

Last edited:
Finding out that the repair was done under warranty, (NOT COMPlAINING)
And knowing that the rifle has only a one year warranty and I was upfront that I purchased the rifle over a year and half ago I can’t help but wonder if they knew the bolt was defective????
And I use the term defective based on the condition of the bolt lugs after only a round count of no more then 350.
Possibly? Either that, or they saw it was abnormal wear, and just did the right thing...I mean, let's face it; it cost them less than $50 in parts, most likely, and they made a customer happy..these days, with instant access to possibly thousands of potential customers...cheap PR investment on their end.

As a further follow up I was searching for reviews on my Savage MSR Hunter and found a Gunboards forum that has a thread on the issues that I experienced with my rifle regarding the bolt.
The thread is extensive and has many members experiencing the same issues and there struggles with Savage both in repairing their rifles and adequate response from Savage. Savage is calling this “normal wear” which I and many other Savage owners find unacceptable and for me on a rifle with a low round count. Unfortunately the Savage MSR AR10 is totally proprietary and the BCG can not be replaced with an aftermarket system. Currently there are two thoughts on “fixing” this one is to make sure it is not over gassed using the adjustable gas block and the other is to reduce the buffer spring weight to help eliminate the bolt slamming shut during cycling.
Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

My gun is home!!!!!!!
1603998721243.gif

Back