testtest

.308 Bolt Carrier Group Question

So I’ll be following up with more information next week when I have more time to get involved with my Savage MSR .308 but I’m very disappointed to report that after looking at the new bolt that was installed into the BCG in my rifle that it is already showing very slight indications of the same issue just from the rounds fired by the gunsmith to “test” the rifle after the repair. 😡 following a view of a YouTube video on adjusting the gas block I found mine does not (click) when turning the adjustment screw so I’m going to start there by taking the hand guard off and removing the adjustment screw and give that and the gas block a good cleaning, next will be going to the range and shooting the rifle with the gas block closed completely which should prevent the gun from cycling correctly then open slowly until it does, my next option is to search for a heavier buffer spring to help slow down the action of the BCG which I’ve found out is shorter and lighter then standard AR10 builds being Savage proprietary and may not be allowing the lugs to clear the chamber before rotating during cycling. All this has my head spinning and in hindsight wishing I had waited for the SA Victor Saint in .308 to go on sale before buying the Savage.
More to come.
Any ideas, thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys.

Back