testtest

All Metal 9mm

Man, you're giving @BET7 a run for the money ain't ya? :)

What do you mean by soulless? I don't have a Q5 SF, but I do have a regular Q5 and I'd say it's the best trigger on a striker gun I have ever shot. Does the SF have a different trigger ? I also have never shot one of those Sigs, but I've never heard anyone say the triggers were better than the Walthers either. I have heard people say the Walther and the VP9 are the best striker triggers out there. That's @HansGruber's opinion and in my experience ( which as I said does NOT include the X5 Legion) he's right.

I almost bought a Q5 SF, but at the time I didn't want to spend the extra $400.

I think you're just trying to goad me into buying a Sig. :ROFLMAO:
Might as well join the Signess......just sayin....

Looking for a range gun/secondary HD gun. Nothing fancy or expensive. It won’t be a “grail gun” so i’m not looking to soend a fortune. That’s why the Tisas caught my eye. Decent quality but i understand what it is. Guys at the range love theirs. The 5906 caught my eye because it is built like a tank and has a good history as a law enforcement gun and seems dependable. Also, i like older guns. There’s a lot of good suggestions here. I have time to think about it. Besides, i have to save up the $$ first!
I recently bought a Tisas DutyBR 1911 in 9mm. I’ve got just under 500 trouble free rounds through it. The build quality is very good, is very accurate and has a smooth trigger pull just under 4 lbs. $489.
DEB2194A-53D6-4705-AD24-D315A6F54C65.jpeg

Looking for a range gun/secondary HD gun. Nothing fancy or expensive. It won’t be a “grail gun” so i’m not looking to soend a fortune....The 5906 caught my eye because it is built like a tank and has a good history as a law enforcement gun and seems dependable.
Then you should find the 5906 perfect for your needs. I built one up out of junk and used parts over a decade ago and was EXTREMELY impressed with the finished product--a quantum leap in "feel" over my old first-gen 59.. The DA trigger pull is as good as my best DA revolvers and better than many of the others. Some might consider it a little heavy by today's standards, but if you're not carrying it, that's not a problem (and if it is, there's always the 5904). I can wholeheartedly recommend it. Snakeworthy! ;)(y)

The 5906 is a solid pistol, and accurate, proven by decades of LE service. I see them for sale from time to time on the S&W Forum
I wish S&W would revive the 5906,4006,1000 and 4566 series under the Classic Line like some of their Wheelguns. Some of us carried and like hammer fired DA/SA guns. Just make the Safety De cock lever De Cock only like CHP did to their later 4006 models!

Within the next year I’d like to add an all metal 9mm to my collection. My first thought was a Tisas 1911 with a 4.25” barrel. However, for some reason the idea of a S&W 5906 has crept into my head and has gotten stuck there.
Any thoughts are welcome.
Enjoy the weekend.
You know I reading up on the Tisas 1911 in a 9 mm I might take that route myself

Over the summer i kicked around the idea of an all metal 9mm (hence, this thread). I was thinking of a 5906 or maybe a Tisas 1911. After over 2 months of waiting for my permit to be issued (NJ is not gun friendly) i picked up my Tisas 1911 9mm carry model.
I am a 1911 triple heretic getting one chambered in 9mm, with a rail AND made in Turkey. However, I ran 150 rounds through it today, literally out of the box, without a single failure. It is pleasant to shoot and was perfectly fine in making a fist sized group at 7 yards starting from a low ready position.
The trigger is okay and the sights are adequate but will be replaced at some point with night sights. I already replaced the cheap plastic factory grips with cheap plast magpul grips, that fit my hand better and have a mag release cut out.
Overall I’m happy and after a few hundred more rounds and the addition of a weapon mounted light it will make a nice second hime defense and range gun.

Attachments

• FCB5C092-3607-456B-BC67-979D17218972.jpeg
    FCB5C092-3607-456B-BC67-979D17218972.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 73
Well, somehow I managed to completely miss this thread until tonight. Reading the OP and not paying any attention to the date of that post, I thought I would be able to add my 2¢ since I have what I consider one of my all time favorite 'all metal 9mm's. Now some of those mentioned in this thread I have to admit I've never even heard of, so my recommendation will seem pretty lame to some of you for sure. But sometime back in the early 80's IIRC, I bought, on a whim a S&W 659.

As HayesGreener described his 4566 as heavy as a tank, my 659 is also that heavy, but a beautiful piece. All bright and
'silvery' shiny, satin black grips, and smooth as a babies butt all over. And sadly, I don't even own a pair of suspenders to augment my belts.

So ............... this is in no way a CCW/EDC gun, not even a CCW/Every other dayC gun, but it is pretty, smooth and very satisfying, much as I would presume this "Turkish pleasure" thing I'm hearing of must be ..... but I digress!

It's been to the range with me many, many times over the years and each and every time someone sees it, I can tell they're intrigued. Many younger than the gun itself and some having never even seen an 'all metal' 9mm. In every case where I've allowed someone else to shoot it, they invariably, like me, are totally engrossed by the gun. It maintains a very prominent place in my safe and is usually one of the first to be brought out during 'show-n-tell' sessions with friends.

Now, since I read that you finally decided on the Tisas instead of the 5906/5904, I'm obviously a little late to the show. But if I had seen this thread back in August, I probably would have recommended looking for a 659 S&W.(y)

Well, somehow I managed to completely miss this thread until tonight. Reading the OP and not paying any attention to the date of that post, I thought I would be able to add my 2¢ since I have what I consider one of my all time favorite 'all metal 9mm's. Now some of those mentioned in this thread I have to admit I've never even heard of, so my recommendation will seem pretty lame to some of you for sure. But sometime back in the early 80's IIRC, I bought, on a whim a S&W 659.

As HayesGreener described his 4566 as heavy as a tank, my 659 is also that heavy, but a beautiful piece. All bright and
'silvery' shiny, satin black grips, and smooth as a babies butt all over. And sadly, I don't even own a pair of suspenders to augment my belts.

So ............... this is in no way a CCW/EDC gun, not even a CCW/Every other dayC gun, but it is pretty, smooth and very satisfying, much as I would presume this "Turkish pleasure" thing I'm hearing of must be ..... but I digress!

It's been to the range with me many, many times over the years and each and every time someone sees it, I can tell they're intrigued. Many younger than the gun itself and some having never even seen an 'all metal' 9mm. In every case where I've allowed someone else to shoot it, they invariably, like me, are totally engrossed by the gun. It maintains a very prominent place in my safe and is usually one of the first to be brought out during 'show-n-tell' sessions with friends.

Now, since I read that you finally decided on the Tisas instead of the 5906/5904, I'm obviously a little late to the show. But if I had seen this thread back in August, I probably would have recommended looking for a 659 S&W.(y)
A 5906 (or another vintage S&W all metal) is still not out of the question. The grip size made me think twice. I have average sized hands and the grip if the 5906 seemed like the business end of a baseball bat. I want to handle one first before i buy. That said, there is something about the all metal 9mm’s of that era that are very appealing to me.

A 5906 (or another vintage S&W all metal) is still not out of the question. The grip size made me think twice. I have average sized hands and the grip if the 5906 seemed like the business end of a baseball bat. I want to handle one first before i buy. That said, there is something about the all metal 9mm’s of that era that are very appealing to me.
My duty gun of the era was the 6906. Big enough for duty but small enough to conceal. Alloy frame reduced weight a lot. Exceptionally accurate pistols

My duty gun of the era was the 6906. Big enough for duty but small enough to conceal. Alloy frame reduced weight a lot. Exceptionally accurate pistols
I was close to getting a 3913 that was on consignment at my lgs. It looked like it was used very sparingly. Not a wear mark on it. Beautiful gun. I am kicking myself a bit for not getting it, but i was in the market for a full size frame.

Back