testtest

Ammo Score!!

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Found a box (1) of Fed 30/30 in my local Cabelas for $27. First I've seen 30/30 in my area in six months so we may have turned the corner!! :rolleyes:;) Still need one more box of it to meet my inventory needs.

But if you're into the 30 Nosler that Cabelas has ample stock with at least 15 bxs. Been that way the last month or so for 30 Nosler.

Also, noticed a local manufacturer going to 20 rd boxs for reman 9mm & 45 acp, at pre-covid 50 rd box prices.

With the current backlog of 2 yrs of ammo, and with the 4 yrs of Bidin/Harris (or is it the other way?) that will keep the 2 yrs backlog bumped forward steadily, and a 2 yr. recovery period we should be out of the woods in 6-7 yrs providing nothing else happens. :eek::eek:

I'm glad I have a single-shot 30-06 so I don't get carried away and waste ammo.

Ugh. I don't want to think it will be 6-7 years for ammo pricing to recover. I'll just pretend I didn't read this...
If ammo is being produced to the level that it's said too I think there will be a flood of ammo on the market at some point which will drive down the costs. I'm already starting to see more on the shelves in my area of the popular calibers it's just damn expensive right now. At some point people will slowdown on their buying as it becomes too unaffordable and personal stocks get to a comfortable level for most buyers.

At least I hope that's the way it goes....😁

Or more if the current administration has there way....just sayin....
Honestly?

The exact same rhetoric was flowing in 2009...and not one single anti-gun law was enacted.

I expect more of the same.

As I've said before—for the past 20 years, the gun control issue is something both sides make a whole lot of noise about to bilk money out of their gullible base, but just don’t do anything about when they have the ability to...because if they did, they’ve killed the goose laying the golden eggs,

I stopped falling for it a long time ago.

Unless they're a BIG box that can write stuff off on their taxes, no small-medium scale business/LGS is going to reduce the prices on ammo below their cost, just to be nice at some time in the future if/when things get better.

Right now 9mm is going for .68-.80 c/rd for 115 gr FMJ in my area.

I have said this before. My LGS showed me that he is only paying slightly more for ammo than he did a year ago. The issue is supply and price gouging. So he will limit selling to his regular customers 2 boxes at a time and to new gun purchasers, which are almost as hard to find as ammo. His range only charges $29.00 for a 50ct box of 9mm and he will sell at the store for less.

Let me know what you have & what your interested in.
This is what I have. I would be interested in 9mm FMJ ammo

Attachments

• stock.jpeg
    stock.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 133
I was just able to find some .380 ammo at my local Academy. $55 for a box of 200 FMJ practice ammo. I’ve been looking for .380 for a long time. Not a bad price either. They also had some boxes of steel case .223 ammo. $8.99 for a box of 20. They limit purchases to 3 boxes per day per customer. I got the 200 rounds of .380 and two boxes of .223. May have to go back tomorrow and see if any of it is still there. I really need some more 9mm as well, but they didn’t have any of that. They did have a good amount of .45 practice ammo, but I have a fair amount of that, so didn’t get any or check the price.

Back