testtest

Ammo $$$$$

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
Maybe if we all sit tight on ordering factory ammo the supply can catch up and prices become reasonable again.
Here's a look at before the Wuhan Chinese Virus and during the Wuhan Chinese Virus. As of Today 05/14/2020

ammo then and now.jpg

If you can find any ammo?
If there's a sign next to ammo that says "Financing Available" you know you may be in trouble?

On the bright side while browsing for something else found some ammo in stock at local hardware that was pre Covid pricing. Yes, a few boxes went to a happy campers new home.

I agree that we should hold off on buying factory rounds at stupid prices but even if ‘we’ do, millions of other people won’t (hell, there are thousands of new gun owners popping up every day and they will pay whatever for ammo because they don’t have any)... so the experiment wouldn’t get the expected results. It will only work if everybody, or at least the majority, does it.

What I believe is happening now is that folks are buying what they can before the Vista price increase kicks in during first week of April. I know lots of folks who stopped ordering ammo in October 2020 due to the crazy prices but as soon as the distributors got the letter from Vista in January, these same folks went ‘oh crap, let me go top off my stash’.

It’s possible that the price increase may help the industry. I doubt that folks will pay much higher prices unless they truly have zero ammo. The price increases may help keep some ammo on the local store shelves...

I don't remember when I bought this, it's been quite a few years for sure. I can only day dream about these prices coming back.

View attachment 15310
Is why like some price tags if not placed over relevant info.
Past prices? Sometimes like a sobriety test? :)
Importantly, can also narrow down where product came from if pleased or not?
Also, if merchant, is sometimes cheap, smart and darned good advertising on products?

Scored 4 boxes of Monarch brass case in 9mm from Academy this afternoon with the wife's help (2 boxes per customer). They sold for $16.99 per box, which is double what they were pre-COVID.

I alerted family and friends that Academy got an unexpected shipment in. I told everyone to hurry, because they were stocking the shelves and boxes were flying off the shelf.

Back