testtest

Ammunition shortage winding down soon?

Oh, I don't think anyone is getting conned into thinking Cabela's has anything. There are three of them withing 75 miles of me. They never have anything other than trap load 12 gauge shells and some little used rifle rounds. I'm going to Kope it's option number 1.

That dude is out of touch. Not only is the pandemic causing problems but he has forgot all about the first term of Obama. That time it took almost 3 yrs, now we have Biden/Harris who both have stated their wish to curtail sales and ownership of many firearms.

We'll see but I'm callin horsehockey.

That dude is out of touch. Not only is the pandemic causing problems but he has forgot all about the first term of Obama. That time it took almost 3 yrs, now we have Biden/Harris who both have stated their wish to curtail sales and ownership of many firearms.

We'll see but I'm callin horsehockey.
Not really...

There was a panic shortage from late 2008-2009...but started to ease in 2010, and was getting back to normal in 2011...until Sandy Hook in 2012, and then started again, lasting until about 2014 or so.

I do not remember Sandy Hook causing ammo shortages. It does seem it sure doesn't take much anymore for things to take off.
That lull between the first election panic and the SH panic is what taught me to stock up when prices were good...I didn't, then, and ended up paying the inflated prices...when it turned around in 14-15, I started stocking up, and really bought deep these last few years.

I'm pretty well stocked with all the ammo I need but its a double edged sword for me when I don't want to shoot even one of the thousands of rounds I collected when times were good.

I've been mostly shooting .22lr these past few months to conserve the good stuff but I have sent other calibers down range in a way less amount then I used to.

As I have. The Walmart going out of the ammo business here, I killed it back in 2019. When you see prices like 500 9mm for $80.00, .45acp 250rd for $65
150 grn tip 5.56 for $40.
You can never have enough at those prices.
I cleaned out a few different Walmart's in my area of 5.56, .300blk, & 9mm when they slashed the prices to get it off the shelves. I grabbed a bunch of Winchester 200 round 5.56 for $49.00 a box.

The article quotes sources as saying, "spokesmen for Cabela’s and Dick’s Sporting Goods are projecting a flattening of the supply-demand curve and a softening of ammo prices in the fourth quarter of this year." I'm wondering when the spokespeople made these statements, because the 4th Tax Quarter of this year began October 1st. I strongly doubt spokespeople for any company in the ammunition business would've said anything like this recently. I suspect the author may be referring to statements that these companies issued somewhere near the beginning of the lockdowns.

For a brief moment early this morning I thought this guy might be on to something. At about 2 am, .380 Blazer Brass, several types of Federal and CCI .22 LR bulk ammo, and Blazer Aluminum 9mm all showed up on the Bass Pro website at very close to pre-pandemic prices. I placed a modest order, and the addition of several types and brands of ammo that are not usually sold on the Bass Pro website gave me a moment of hope. I just checked again on my lunch break, and they were all sold out. I would think they would've lasted longer if the ammo shortage was starting to wind down.

I appreciate the big box stores making an effort to have product available, and being open to carrying a greater variety of products in order to put something on the shelves. However, until I see in-stock items lasting for days or weeks, rather than hours, I'm going to assume the ammo shortage is still going strong. I'm just happy to find cheap range ammo so that I can get some range time in without depleting my limited supply of the good stuff. This also allows me to plink with my sons over the Thanksgiving Holiday, so I'll consider it a win for now.

Back