testtest

AR pistols

If you make an item yourself, homemade suppressor, a fabbed lower with no serial number, you are required to engrave a serial number -identifier on it that the ATF approves with your tax stamp.

Ex: if i build a homemade suppressor and want to legally use it, I have to Form 1 with ATF and provide a serial number and when they approve it, i engrave that on the item
Little more than that; if I take my Z5–which was sold as a complete firearm, and a pistol—and convert it to a SBR by putting a stock on it, I am the manufacturer of the SBR, and have to put my manufacturing information on it—name, city, state...for example, if I do it as an individual, it would be “Hans Gruber, East Bumfrick, MN”. This has to engraved to a certain depth and be a certain size...and must be engraved, not stamped. I can still use the original S/N, though.

Little more than that; if I take my Z5–which was sold as a complete firearm, and a pistol—and convert it to a SBR by putting a stock on it, I am the manufacturer of the SBR, and have to put my manufacturing information on it—name, city, state...for example, if I do it as an individual, it would be “Hans Gruber, East Bumfrick, MN”. This has to engraved to a certain depth and be a certain size...and must be engraved, not stamped. I can still use the original S/N, though.
Whole thing sounds stupid...

I can kind of understand the serial number thing for an SBR. I suppose there would have to be some way to identify the firearm, but the individual being the considered the manufacturer of the firearm, solely because the firearm was reclassified is just ridiculous...

Agreed
I was trying to simplify

Originally yes the AR pistols in the beginning had a buffer tube sticking out the back of the pistols. No brace. They also had very short barrels, unlike todays
It seems to me that with a standard buffer tube the brace isn’t really doing much anyway. Shouldering it isn’t very comfortable as far as eye relief. I would think most people are going to lay it against their cheek or use a sling as a third point of contact anyway.

It seems to me that with a standard buffer tube the brace isn’t really doing much anyway. Shouldering it isn’t very comfortable as far as eye relief. I would think most people are going to lay it against their cheek or use a sling as a third point of contact anyway.
Originally this was what they looked like. No way to shoulder.

And this.

Do not if you remember this was the look in the beginning.

Originally this was what they looked like. No way to shoulder.

And this.

Do not if you remember this was the look in the beginning.
The first ones were fairly common right after the ‘94AWB expired, with the stubby buffer tube that used a heavy 1911 spring, iirc...the second were made by ParaOrdnance(?) and were not common at all...only around a year or two, I don't think they ran right.

And you could shoulder those stubby tubes, wasn’t all that hard.

The one I just put together has the foam thing for the end like in the top picture, but it came in a kit with the SB mini brace. So I can go either way. Some guy on this video I saw says he shoulders his with just the buffer tube.

I don't think it's a matter of it being comfortable on the shoulder or not. I just don't like my face being all smushed up against the receiver like that.

That is what I thought too. Just remove the brace. But I’m not sure if that would work or not.
Either take the brace off the buffer tube it uses, or replace it with a pistol buffer tube. Should work just fine.

Another thing that works, as I recall, would be to take an A1 or A2 buffer tube and drill out the threads so you couldn’t attach a buttstock.

Perfectly legal, and often more reliable than the pistol setups.

Either take the brace off the buffer tube it uses, or replace it with a pistol buffer tube. Should work just fine.

Another thing that works, as I recall, would be to take an A1 or A2 buffer tube and drill out the threads so you couldn’t attach a buttstock.

Perfectly legal, and often more reliable than the pistol setups.

I don't know much about buffer tubes. I assume since mine came in a kit with the SB mini brace, it is a pistol buffer tube. There are no threads on the end of it. Are you saying it is currently legal to put a longer or telescoping/adjustable buffer tube on a pistol as long as you don't put a stock on it?

I don't know much about buffer tubes. I assume since mine came in a kit with the SB mini brace, it is a pistol buffer tube. There are no threads on the end of it. Are you saying it is currently legal to put a longer or telescoping/adjustable buffer tube on a pistol as long as you don't put a stock on it?
The SB tactical SBA-3 & SBA-4 both use a standard buffer tube and as long as a stock never gets put on your pistol you are fine.

I would go so far as to advise anyone to not even have a loose butt stock by itself in the same area as a pistol with no brace on it so you can never be charged with intent.

The way I’ve had it explained to me is, if you want to play it safe, the buffer tube has to be incapable of accepting a buttstock, whether you have one on or not...so, don’t use (for example) a carbine buffer tube on a pistol, even if you don’t put the actual buttstock on it.

You need threads on the end of an A1/2 buffer to attach an A1 or A2 (rifle) stock; drilling out the threads on the tube makes it incapable of accepting a buttstock, and safe for pistol use.

The way I’ve had it explained to me is, if you want to play it safe, the buffer tube has to be incapable of accepting a buttstock, whether you have one on or not...so, don’t use (for example) a carbine buffer tube on a pistol, even if you don’t put the actual buttstock on it.

You need threads on the end of an A1/2 buffer to attach an A1 or A2 (rifle) stock; drilling out the threads on the tube makes it incapable of accepting a buttstock, and safe for pistol use.
So the lack of threads on a buffer tube doesn't necessarily mean it's a pistol tube?

The SB tactical SBA-3 & SBA-4 both use a standard buffer tube and as long as a stock never gets put on your pistol you are fine.

I would go so far as to advise anyone to not even have a loose butt stock by itself in the same area as a pistol with no brace on it so you can never be charged with intent.
That I did not know...standard carbine buffer tubes, eh?

Guess what I was told was incorrect.

However—you can only get popped for intent when it comes to machine guns...not SBR’s. In their case, parts is parts.

That I did not know...standard carbine buffer tubes, eh?

Guess what I was told was incorrect.

However—you can only get popped for intent when it comes to machine guns...not SBR’s. In their case, parts is parts.
I've handled a few of these in the past.

It's a great product!

I've handled a few of these in the past.

It's a great product!

I went with their PDW stock for mine, but, I’ve shot a lot of friends' pistols that wear them. Thought it was some type of proprietary pistol tube, though, not just a standard carbine buffer tube.

Back