testtest

Bent Hellcat Trigger Guard

Just emailed Crossbreed, be interesting to see if they put slimmer bushings in the holster or not. Mine are pretty thick on the leading edge like to the point it seems they might need to be fairly crushed to actually put enough pressure on kydex for that to be only retention. Maybe I am expecting too much retention? Always thought it should stay put in holster if held inverted and gently shaken?

I know my Aliengear Cloaktuck will hold my XDs 4.0 just fine like that and draws no problem when needed.
I have Crossbreed's Reckoning holster for the Hellcat (non OSP). Quite honestly, I wasn't even aware they had a retention tightening screw (until this thread), so I left is as it came. All my Crossbreed holsters, hold several of my compact guns with retention fine.
They way my Reckoning holster came, with my Hellcat inside it and held upside down plus shaking it, the holster holds the gun inside without any problems.
Upon reading this thread, I have checked my Hellcat trigger guard, and it's the same shape as when I bought it.
I thank all the posters here for highlighting this issue and it's good to hear that Crossbreed's customer service (as I have yet to use), is being proactive taking this issue head on. I hope that Springfield Armory will do the same, and from hearing from other posters, they seem to also take a proactive stance on issues and problems. I'm interested in hearing from those posters that get a response from them.

just for clarification....i did not tighten my holster retention. I used it just the way it came out of the box

For additional clarification, I did tighten it twice. Hellcat would fall out if shaken upside down when I got it. Tightened the front screws a bit but like I mentioned seems like the bushing are pretty thick and not going to allow any significant change in gap between kydex and leather. Retention on trigger guard did work nice and slick and was really happy with it till stumbling on this thread and checking mine. 🙄

how's this for customer service......

Hello Troy,

Thank you for contacting us and for the feedback.

We've only heard of this happening twice before with our Reckoning holster, and both were on Hellcat's. It seems that the issue might be with the material on the trigger guard of the Hellcat. Our retention device doesn't have a lot of pressure that is exerted on the bottom of the trigger guard, just enough to adjust the positioning of the firearm in the holster.

We'd be happy to remake your Reckoning holster without the retention device, if you'd like, which would allow you to tighten the retention as much as you'd like with the front screws? Just let us know and we'll be glad to get that process started.

no response from Springfield

Was your email from Stacy? Cause I think she just did a copy and paste of the one above that you got and put in my name.....hahahahaha.

I’ve talked to the people at CB several times. Nice folks. From my home state. In fact most of my holsters are from Missouri companies. Muddy River Tactical makes some damn nice stuff. Veteran owner too.

reply from springfield. anyone want to send it in?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. We would like to bring in both your holster as well as your firearm so we may look into this. If you can reply with the requested information, I can provide you with a FedEx shipping label and instructions.

1. Full name
  2. Residence Shipping address
  3. Daytime phone #
  4. Serial # from the firearm.

Thank you,

Donte

dontep@springfield-armory.com

So as a follow up, new Reckoning on the way from Crossbreed without trigger retention device and setting up shipping to Springfield for them to look at my Hellcat and holster. Yes the bend is still there after being out of the holster for many days. Shame, I like both the Hellcat and Reckoning and miss carrying since I am back to my XDs 4.0 and Cloak Tuck. Will keep everyone informed of outcome via this thread.

So as a follow up, new Reckoning on the way from Crossbreed without trigger retention device and setting up shipping to Springfield for them to look at my Hellcat and holster. Yes the bend is still there after being out of the holster for many days. Shame, I like both the Hellcat and Reckoning and miss carrying since I am back to my XDs 4.0 and Cloak Tuck. Will keep everyone informed of outcome via this thread.
I appreciate you doing this CJinTX (as I'm sure others are as well). I have both the Reckoning and Hellcat and fortunately I haven't had any issues with the deformed Hellcat Trigger Guard (namely because I didn't realize that the Reckoning had a retention screw, as I don't believe other Crossbreed models have them).
In any case, nice of you to lead this effort by calling Crossbreed and sending in your Hellcat for Springfield to examine (It's a shame you have to send in your carry gun and I'm glad you have another to carry temporarily in its place). I'm interested in your report on what Springfield finds in regards to your Hellcat, when they report back to you.
Thanks Again.

thanks' for helping out!

please keep us updated

Last edited:
I’ve talked to the people at CB several times. Nice folks. From my home state. In fact most of my holsters are from Missouri companies. Muddy River Tactical makes some damn nice stuff. Veteran owner too.

I've been using Muddy River Tactical products for a couple years now they make an awesome product! I especially like the leather water buffalo holsters for IWB carry for the comfort.

I've been using Muddy River Tactical products for a couple years now they make an awesome product! I especially like the leather water buffalo holsters for IWB carry for the comfort.

10mm , How are those IWB holsters about not collapsing when reholstering? I see they don't have any re-enforcement around the top edge

10mm , How are those IWB holsters about not collapsing when reholstering? I see they don't have any re-enforcement around the top edge
The water buffalo hide is pretty thick and I typically carry a subcompact IWB so it's actually fairly ridged and if the pistol I'm carrying does not have a safety I will remove the holster to put the pistol back in as I do with all IWB holsters including kydex because I carry appendix I don't don't gamble with my wedding tackle......😜

The comfort of leather can't be beat by any Kydex or polymer holsters when carrying IWB.

Attached is an older picture I posted previously of a Muddy River holster which has been worn for about a year and you can see the holster still looks ridged and not a floppy mess.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201019-124441_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20201019-124441_Photos.jpg
    787.2 KB · Views: 169
The water buffalo hide is pretty thick and I typically carry a subcompact IWB so it's actually fairly ridged and if the pistol I'm carrying does not have a safety I will remove the holster to put the pistol back in as I do with all IWB holsters including kydex because I carry appendix I don't don't gamble with my wedding tackle......😜

The comfort of leather can't be beat by any Kydex or polymer holsters when carrying IWB.

Attached is an older picture I posted previously of a Muddy River holster which has been worn for about a year and you can see the holster still looks ridged and not a floppy mess.
Interesting :unsure:, I did not know, they made Sub-compact Yeet cannons,... learn something every day. :sneaky:

Back