testtest

Bridge Collapse After Being Struck By Cargo Ship

Currently watching news coverage. 2 people recovered. That's a start. Unbelievable how compromised the construction was. Our drawbridge pillars take barge strikes all the time. Of course they're not suspension bridges though. I think the engineers need to rethink design away from edgy and cost effective to bombproof and super durable.

The ship that hit the bridge was the Dali, a container ship that was almost 950 feet long. This is a photo of that ship.

3599196_1.jpg

Currently watching news coverage. 2 people recovered. That's a start. Unbelievable how compromised the construction was. Our drawbridge pillars take barge strikes all the time. Of course they're not suspension bridges though. I think the engineers need to rethink design away from edgy and cost effective to bombproof and super durable.
A lot of these bridges were designed before current ship designs; the long, tall, protruding brow of modern container vessels reach well over the protection most bridges have—unlike a barge.

That’s what there saying it lost all power after leaving the port
I hope that’s actually the case and not navigating/judgement errors. It’s not easy to hear about lose of life of the innocents. However, it does make it easier to some that it was unavoidable. Ether way no matter how you flip that coin 🪙 it’s sad. Let’s all take a second to pray for all involved and that everyone is or will be safe.

watch the videos... WHERE ARE THE TUG BOATS? maybe the lighting is off, but i still have not seen any.
they had to have a harbor pilot on board,
and they were still within the port proper and main channel...where were the tugboats that are supposed to be there to supplement and or prevent things like this
i guess this is one OLD bridge... the surrounding abutments prior to the bridge supports were obviously not up to snuff

good deal the people took quick action to prevent a great loss of life

side note.... every grocery in 200 miles just ran out of toilet paper and milk and its blamed on a closed port :ROFLMAO:

K
I don't understand why the ship left its dock when it had known power issues.

How did they expect it to operate in the open ocean.
I totally understand how it could happen…

For example:

1) What was thought to be a minor issue wasn’t.

2) They thought they had the issue fixed.

3) They figured whatever the issue was, it could be fixed while underway.

4) Corporate orders told them they had to go, it was too expensive to wait.

5) The problem was understated.

6) The true consequences were not considered.

Or, a combination of the above.

I see it all the time at my work.

This is unbelievable……

Watching video of collapsing bridge, this bridge just crumbles.
Of course this situation is horrendous. Obviously investigators have info that we the public don't have access too. Watching the video it appears the engines were running prior to crashing into the bridge. Black smoke was coming from ships exhaust. I'm not implying this was a terrorist attack, but maybe could have been crew error.

Back