testtest

Bridge Collapse After Being Struck By Cargo Ship

Of course this situation is horrendous. Obviously investigators have info that we the public don't have access too. Watching the video it appears the engines were running prior to crashing into the bridge. Black smoke was coming from ships exhaust. I'm not implying this was a terrorist attack, but maybe could have been crew error.
The ship took a pretty straight beeline for the bridge pier, vs. a side-swipe which would have indicated it was trying to avoid the pier.

I arrived in the Tampa area shortly after the Sunshine Skyway collapsed after being hit by a big ship. There were 50 mph winds and the bridge supports had been hit multiple times previously. The bumpers to prevent the supports from being hit were insufficient. There was a lot of loss of life that day. They rebuilt it better than ever with lots of safeguards. Ships of a certain size require a harbor pilot on board.

10 or so years later I stopped for coffee at a convenience store in Tampa. It was raining hard and I waited for the rain to subside a bit before going back to my cruiser. There was another guy there who asked me for a ride. Turns out he was driving across the skyway when it collapsed and his front wheels stopped just inches from the edge. He told me about recurring nightmares, he could not bring himself to drive in the rain and would never drive across a bridge.

1711493151671.png

Beware of the trolls...

1711503838875.png

Thread: Baltimore Bridge collapse misinformation

Pro-Kremlin influencers claim the captain of the Dali ship is a Ukrainian.But online records show a Ukrainian man was the Dali's captain from March to July 2016. The ship that hit the bridge reportedly had an all-Indian crew.

https://www.balticshipping.com/vessel/imo/9697428/seafarers
ALT
ALT

Last edited:
Beware of the trolls...

View attachment 54830

Thread: Baltimore Bridge collapse misinformation

Pro-Kremlin influencers claim the captain of the Dali ship is a Ukrainian.But online records show a Ukrainian man was the Dali's captain from March to July 2016. The ship that hit the bridge reportedly had an all-Indian crew.

ALT
ALT
The problem is ( and let me say up front I do not think it was terrorism) the FBI came out and said they were investigating from the beginning and there are no indications it was terrorism. Why is that a problem ? The American people have lost faith in all our institutions, ESPECIALLY, the FBI. Before they go around expecting to be accepted as the authority on anything a bunch of them need to be held to account for a whole lot of bullshite they’ve perpetrated on the American people. You think the wild conspiracy theories are bad now, wait until an actual pandemic or terrorist attacking happens. I, and millions of others, wouldn’t believe anything the FBI, ATF, CDC or Homeland security says any more than I believe anything Adam Schiff or Chick Schumer says.

The problem is ( and let me say up front I do not think it was terrorism) the FBI came out and said they were investigating from the beginning and there are no indications it was terrorism. Why is that a problem ? The American people have lost faith in all our institutions, ESPECIALLY, the FBI. Before they go around expecting to be accepted as the authority on anything a bunch of them need to be held to account for a whole lot of bullshite they’ve perpetrated on the American people. You think the wild conspiracy theories are bad now, wait until an actual pandemic or terrorist attacking happens. I, and millions of others, wouldn’t believe anything the FBI, ATF, CDC or Homeland security says any more than I believe anything Adam Schiff or Chick Schumer says.
There's always an investigation on incidents like these vs. disinformation campaigns by foreign actors.

There's always an investigation on incidents like these vs. disinformation campaigns by foreign actors.
Sure. That doesn't change the fact that nobody trusts or believes the FBI. And the fact that the FBI took zero steps to hold any of the many, many "Rotten apples", which they refer to as rogue, accountable tells you all you need to know about the leadership. Lisa Page and Peter Strozk were fired. Ooh. Brutal repercussions for lying to a FISA judge and perpetrating a political witch hunt. Complete abuse of power and I bet you both of them are doing just fine today. And that's just one off the top of my head. Massive, MASSIVE election interference with regards to the laptop, the Russian allegations against Trump, coercing social media platforms to suppress speech, etc... I could go on and on. When they get caught doing that they just ignore it and pretend it never happened. These people are not supposed to be above the law.

Doesn’t matter; the nationality of the crew is irrelevant as there was not one but 2 American pilots from Baltimore in control of the ship. The ship experienced catastrophic power and steering failure multiple times and no matter how fast it was going they couldn’t stop it in time to avoid striking the bridge piling. They even tried to drop an anchor to halt forward movement
A tragic accident.
I will say I’m confused at the lack of conversation about the occupants of the passenger cars and semi tractor trailer that went down with the bridge, there has been multiple news conferences from those in charge of this incident and when asked about those passenger cars they don’t say anything.

Doesn’t matter; the nationality of the crew is irrelevant as there was not one but 2 American pilots from Baltimore in control of the ship. The ship experienced catastrophic power and steering failure multiple times and no matter how fast it was going they couldn’t stop it in time to avoid striking the bridge piling. They even tried to drop an anchor to halt forward movement
A tragic accident.
I will say I’m confused at the lack of conversation about the occupants of the passenger cars and semi tractor trailer that went down with the bridge, there has been multiple news conferences from those in charge of this incident and when asked about those passenger cars they don’t say anything.
Right on. This was tragic accident, probably brought on by a cascading series of failures. I for one am sick of tin foil hat conspiracy theories and spin by provocateurs. If nothing else, President Trump illuminated the despicable level of deceit the media and social media actors are capable of.

Back