testtest

Bridge Collapse After Being Struck By Cargo Ship

Four US Navy Military Sealift Command (MSC) sea lift ships trapped in Baltimore harbor.

1711589335309.png

The bridge is 50 years old. I grew up around there. It also wasn't in need of repair. The ship would have only taken out one section of the bridge but the ship ran full direct into a main piling.

If you don't think a ship of that tonnage would take out any bridge, then I think you ought to learn more about it.

A bridge expert explained at when the "Bridge" was built in the mid-70's they didn't also construct protective barriers and/or artificial islands near those main support pylons that would armor up/protect from such collisions.

Apparently its SOP now, but this bridge was never upgraded.

IMO, Maersk (shipping company) should be sued to recoup the rebuilding costs, and loss of life since the ship clearly had functional problems, and/or an incompetent crew.
I'm going to guess that like many, many others this ship is registered somewhere other than the US. That being the case, I don't think suing will bring any relief.

I would like to know what is in the containers ❓

Maybe the insides will be similar to the Evergreen boat that was cyber attacked and ran aground in Suez canal with so many weapons, illegal and human cargo ❓

The Key bridge could most likely have been retrofitted to better protect it against collision damage, but Maryland Department of Transportation officials and elected State government folks elected to spend the taxpayer’s money elsewhere. To use an old phrase, “We are eating the seed corn!”

As far as news reports being thorough and honest, propaganda and brainwashing have been used for a long time, only now we call it “disinformation.” We need to keep our “filters” operating full time!

I would like to know what is in the containers ❓
Probably guns headed for the @BET7 warehouse.

I don't believe this was a terrorist attack or any intentional happening. just a very tragic accident. now i don't know that, just my belief. I'm sure they will find out eventually what happened but what a mess to clean up.

That flash on the bridge is a plane going by and stopped at the exact frame, or least what it looks like watching the video.

You really can't believe any video or even picture now with all the technology to alter them. used to be a picture was worth a thousand words, not anymore.

Also a prayer for the bridge workers and others who lost their lives.

I don't believe this was a terrorist attack or any intentional happening. just a very tragic accident. now i don't know that, just my belief. I'm sure they will find out eventually what happened but what a mess to clean up.

That flash on the bridge is a plane going by and stopped at the exact frame, or least what it looks like watching the video.

You really can't believe any video or even picture now with all the technology to alter them. used to be a picture was worth a thousand words, not anymore.

It looked like debris from the top span breaking by the downward force of gravity to me. In the video I saw there was no flash just a small cloud of black particulate.

Sure. That doesn't change the fact that nobody trusts or believes the FBI. And the fact that the FBI took zero steps to hold any of the many, many "Rotten apples", which they refer to as rogue, accountable tells you all you need to know about the leadership. Lisa Page and Peter Strozk were fired. Ooh. Brutal repercussions for lying to a FISA judge and perpetrating a political witch hunt. Complete abuse of power and I bet you both of them are doing just fine today. And that's just one off the top of my head. Massive, MASSIVE election interference with regards to the laptop, the Russian allegations against Trump, coercing social media platforms to suppress speech, etc... I could go on and on. When they get caught doing that they just ignore it and pretend it never happened. These people are not supposed to be above the law.
Excellent use of hyperbole.

The shipwide power turned off three times leaving every light on the ship dark. You may want to look at another video. Sometimes the person who used the video will post it at a lower resolution.

I heard a little earlier today that the ship had had some mechanical work done while in port. Don't remember them saying whether engine, propulsion drive, steering or just power. But that was something they are apparently looking into. Issues with any one of those systems could've caused what we saw in the video.

The shipwide power turned off three times leaving every light on the ship dark. You may want to look at another video. Sometimes the person who used the video will post it at a lower resolution.
I looked every where for a clearer resolution and found it.
I put it on a 32" monitor and was able to focus on what they called an explosion of the bridge span and went frame by frame.
I saw the red light on top left span flashing and the reflection on the water and timed the flashes and reflections.
After the Ship hit the bridge and started to collapse, the light on top of the span flashed at same time of bridge collapse and the reflection was in sync.
IMO, it was the red span light that just happened to flash at same time as the collapse.

shipwide, I think you are correct in someone posting fuzzy video as usual to slant the truth❓

I have a question that maybe you squids (navy guys) can answer ❓

I understand that there are 4 Navy support ships blocked in the Harbour and cannot get out.
Do you know specifically what these 4 Navy support ships carry in their role❓

I looked every where for a clearer resolution and found it.
I put it on a 32" monitor and was able to focus on what they called an explosion of the bridge span and went frame by frame.
I saw the red light on top left span flashing and the reflection on the water and timed the flashes and reflections.
After the Ship hit the bridge and started to collapse, the light on top of the span flashed at same time of bridge collapse and the reflection was in sync.
IMO, it was the red span light that just happened to flash at same time as the collapse.

shipwide, I think you are correct in someone posting fuzzy video as usual to slant the truth❓
We're talking about the ship right, not the bridge? Do you see the all the interior lights go off and the ship go dark? According to the Baltimore-based Harbor Pilot, that's what happened.

I can't imagine the video quality was done on purpose. Who would be that evil? Anyway, here's a clip tyhat starts with the lights off.

I'm going to guess that like many, many others this ship is registered somewhere other than the US. That being the case, I don't think suing will bring any relief.

Ship/Shipping companies have their properties and cargo insured in case of loss and/or damages.

Ship/Shipping companies have their properties and cargo insured in case of loss and/or damages.

I believe Singapore. I could be mistaken.

Back