testtest

Chances of New Federal Gun Restrictions?

Truth!
Don't forget they Army Surplus store. There was good finds there. My uncle bought a 03 bolt action for like $30, a heap of cash back then
It was less than 60 years ago. About 35 years ago when I was 18 I walked into a store called “Assault Systems” gave them $200, filled out a 4473 and walked out the door with a pistol grip “Cruiser” model Mossberg 500. The transaction took about 15 minutes.

We need to be fighting back and instead of defending what little ground we have left start taking it back. Something like 20,000 laws on the state and federal level regarding gun control currently? Reach out to organizations. Donate if you can. Talk to your politicians and explain your positions to them if you can. Most importantly, get out and talk to folks with facts and data (documents and reports in hand) and expose the lies!

We need to be fighting back and instead of defending what little ground we have left start taking it back. Something like 20,000 laws on the state and federal level regarding gun control currently? Reach out to organizations. Donate if you can. Talk to your politicians and explain your positions to them if you can. Most importantly, get out and talk to folks with facts and data (documents and reports in hand) and expose the lies!
We ( the gun community) has been doing that for years. What we need is to start convincing the people that really don't care one way or another to get involved. And we all need to vote. And if republicans give in to the democrats on this we need to vote them out in the next election. Even if it means voting for a democrat because, well, that republican is basically a democrat in republican clothing anyway.

I was born in 88 and am not sure exactly what happened with the 1994 AWB but as I understand it itdid nothing for crime (which was on the down trend). There are more gun owners now than ever in history. Something like just under 14 MILLION FIRST time buyers last year alone.

I think most of this is just for optics. "Never let a tragedy go to waste". Obama was a far more eloquent speaker and much more well liked than this.... House plant.

I was born in 88 and am not sure exactly what happened with the 1994 AWB but as I understand it itdid nothing for crime (which was on the down trend). There are more gun owners now than ever in history. Something like just under 14 MILLION FIRST time buyers last year alone.

I think most of this is just for optics. "Never let a tragedy go to waste". Obama was a far more eloquent speaker and much more well liked than this.... House plant.
Woodsman, you are correct in that the 1994 ban had no significant statistical impact on crime with its implementation, nor with its rescinding.

While there are MORE gun owners in the US today, the percentage of households with firearms is approximately 1/2 what it was in most all years pre-1950-ish. There is no way to have exact figures, but estimates (the best we can do) say as much as 60% of the homes in the US had a firearm of some sort prior to 1950. The further you go back in history, the higher the percentage gets. Today people own far MORE guns-per-household, but the ownership percentage is in the 30's. I'm not willing or able to cite any of those statistics for those that want to argue...just numbers I heard or read about recently...so it is all admittedly hearsay.

CCB51740-DAC7-4EE9-AFDC-65D2739D5C3D.jpeg

Actually, facts don’t back that view up.

A lot of this stuff happens just because access is easy. Make it harder—make somebody have to WORK for it—and it won’t happen because it’s too difficult.

And, more facts: atrocities like these have happened throughout the country‘s history…they’re just happening more often now.
You can pass all the "make it harder" legislation and sign it into law that you want to. If law enforcement, the school system, the justice system and the medical/mental healthcare system don't do their part and enter the necessary information into the system it will never do a thing. Most of these individuals passed the background check, because their mental health evaluations and any other red flags went unreported. This has to stop. Juveniles can no longer be treated like they are now. You have a record as a juvenile, it needs to be part of your permanent record. And you should have to go through the justice system and mental health system to change it. This not reporting due to their age has to end. Period. And the age for everything needs to be raised, including voting. If we don't view them as mature enough emotionally and/or mentally to own a firearm, then they are not mature enough for everything else. Exceptions would be granted for military service, provided they keep a clean record and aren't discharged dishonorably or with a Bad Conduct.

You can pass all the "make it harder" legislation and sign it into law that you want to. If law enforcement, the school system, the justice system and the medical/mental healthcare system don't do their part and enter the necessary information into the system it will never do a thing. Most of these individuals passed the background check, because their mental health evaluations and any other red flags went unreported. This has to stop. Juveniles can no longer be treated like they are now. You have a record as a juvenile, it needs to be part of your permanent record. And you should have to go through the justice system and mental health system to change it. This not reporting due to their age has to end. Period. And the age for everything needs to be raised, including voting. If we don't view them as mature enough emotionally and/or mentally to own a firearm, then they are not mature enough for everything else. Exceptions would be granted for military service, provided they keep a clean record and aren't discharged dishonorably or with a Bad Conduct.
👆👆👆 I’ve heard to many times that important information fell through the cracks, the cracks need to be fixed.

As an aside, NY just passed several sweeping gun control laws. Illegal to sell body armor (except LE and personal protection agents). Must apply for and pay for a special permit to purchase ANY semi-auto rifle. ALL new handguns must be able to micro-stamp the spent casing primer (regardless of the fact that technology does not exist yet to do this to meet this new law). Minimum age to purchase any semi-auto rifle is now 21.

As an aside, NY just passed several sweeping gun control laws. Illegal to sell body armor (except LE and personal protection agents). Must apply for and pay for a special permit to purchase ANY semi-auto rifle. ALL new handguns must be able to micro-stamp the spent casing primer (regardless of the fact that technology does not exist yet to do this to meet this new law). Minimum age to purchase any semi-auto rifle is now 21.

Microstamping was meme that was pursued by some insane Californian politician and ended up being law around 2013 as a way to destroy handgun ownership in the long run.

And speaking of California as of late.

Back