testtest

Chances of New Federal Gun Restrictions?

One thing that comes to notice is that ALL of the Admin blowhards nationwide have been promoting again lately is to call gun violence a Public Health Crisis. There’s no limiting factor to what can affect health and measures to “control” the epidemic. The LGS could be locked down. No vax card or no ammo. No boosters, no purchases. No ID, no voting…oops, scratch that.

They can do whatever they want and they will…
A declared public health crisis via EO could be the loophole, which are court challengeable but the EO will be in effect during the challenge. Locally some of these suits are still ongoing. Losing a challenge leads to their other talking point… to further their grand scheme of packing the SCOTUS…for the kids.

Constitution, Declarations of Independence, Bill of Rights my eye.
“I do not hold a position on whether individuals possess natural rights…” - KJB

Like all the other current manufactured crises, a hasty interim EO brings more wasteful spending on empty programs and the ability to institute tyrannical mandates once again, all the while nothing is accomplished even if only for the short term.

Alinsky‘s 8 Levels to Control…
#1) Healthcare– Control healthcare and you control the people.

Here we go again. Round up the usual suspects for a line up.
More importantly and not to be excluded, I don’t think the media outlet intended to use pronouns and will cordially issue apologies and a correction to stave off any civil liability. But in the name of political correctness and excuse, the (his/hers/they) social media account was hacked is an affirmative defense.
Text messaging and data fees still apply.

We need fundamental, commonsense social media laws - Raise the Texting age to 21.

I'm hoping (but am not necessarily hopeful) that any new regulation would involve a bit of compromise. The only thing that keeps me from supporting an age limit of 21 for semi-auto rifles is the lack of other options for self and home defense for young people. Kids may be different now, but I moved out of my parents' home at 18. For the next few years I lived in some of the seedier parts of town. I was okay on my own, but if I had been living with a wife and child, I would have wanted something more than a baseball bat to defend them.

I have always believed that pump shotguns are an excellent choice for home-defense, but the cramped conditions of my living spaces when I was 18-20 years old would've presented definite overpenetration concerns. Concealed carry wasn't a thing in those days, and I had the advantage of size and muscle (I usually ran about 6'05", 250 lbs.). Many people, especially young women, don't have that advantage. Nowadays, I wouldn't want any law-abiding young person walking those streets and living in those apartments without any means to defend themselves.

What I would be open to is setting a purchase age of 21 for semi-auto rifles, but legalizing the purchase and carry of revolvers for adults aged 18-20. Federal law forbids the sale of all handguns to people under 21, which I have never supported. My state plays by the fed's rules about purchasing handguns, but makes it perfectly legal to own handguns in the home prior to 21. No one worries about mass shooters armed with revolvers, so I don't see any legitimate reason to oppose legalizing them for people under 21.

The hysteria was caused by someone who left the door open. Never forget.
Let's not make a hasty decision because of something that few are talking about.
I would prefer doing something about crime, period. Instead of giving criminals a pass, lock them up and watch crime go down. We are in this situation because those in control are soft on crime. We have to protect ourselves from the situation "they" have created. The solution is not further infringement, tell them to do their jobs. I'm going to refrain from further postings on this subject, I've said my piece.

I'm hoping (but am not necessarily hopeful) that any new regulation would involve a bit of compromise. The only thing that keeps me from supporting an age limit of 21 for semi-auto rifles is the lack of other options for self and home defense for young people. Kids may be different now, but I moved out of my parents' home at 18. For the next few years I lived in some of the seedier parts of town. I was okay on my own, but if I had been living with a wife and child, I would have wanted something more than a baseball bat to defend them.

I have always believed that pump shotguns are an excellent choice for home-defense, but the cramped conditions of my living spaces when I was 18-20 years old would've presented definite overpenetration concerns. Concealed carry wasn't a thing in those days, and I had the advantage of size and muscle (I usually ran about 6'05", 250 lbs.). Many people, especially young women, don't have that advantage. Nowadays, I wouldn't want any law-abiding young person walking those streets and living in those apartments without any means to defend themselves.

What I would be open to is setting a purchase age of 21 for semi-auto rifles, but legalizing the purchase and carry of revolvers for adults aged 18-20. Federal law forbids the sale of all handguns to people under 21, which I have never supported. My state plays by the fed's rules about purchasing handguns, but makes it perfectly legal to own handguns in the home prior to 21. No one worries about mass shooters armed with revolvers, so I don't see any legitimate reason to oppose legalizing them for people under 21.

I moved out at 15 and I took my shotgun with me. Back then Missouri was a state you had to have a permit to buy a handgun so my old man wouldn't let me take the 1911 he bought me because it was in his name. I had a couple rifles but I saw no point in dragging them around with me.

I see a lot of people are okay with "No 2A rights until you're 21" here. I just have two questions.

Regulating 2A rights by age means we can regulate all rights by age. Everyone okay with that ?

What are the actual statistics regarding under 21 year old Americans committing crimes with legally obtained long guns ? My guess is that it's nearly statistically insignificant and people are making emotional decisions not rational decisions.

And I absolutely agree with whoever said that if we raise the age to own a gun to 21 we damn well ought to raise the age of legal contracts, voting, military enlistment, driving and owning property to 21. If we are going to assume 21 is the age where people are magically less likely to commit crimes or do stupid :poop: with guns then it's completely illogical to assume they are mature enough to engage in any of those other things.

Last edited:
Floridas law does not prohibit an 18 year old from legally possessing a firearm. He just cannot buy one.
18 yr olds can rent apartments, live on their own, pay taxes to the govt on their income, tried as an “adult” in court, and serve in our armed forces.
They should be allowed to defend themselves with a gun and use it for all lawful purposes.

18 yr olds can rent apartments, live on their own, pay taxes to the govt on their income, tried as an “adult” in court, and serve in our armed forces.
They should be allowed to defend themselves with a gun and use it for all lawful purposes.
Agreed. If you are an adult, you have the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If you (in the collective sense) don’t think 18 is old enough to be an adult and exercise his/her Constitutional right, change the legal age of being an adult. That would apply to EVERYTHING including voting. If you don’t want to do that, quit talking about taking away an adult’s Constitunional right. People are treading on thin ice by arbitrarily taking away the Constitutonal rights of adults…

I moved out at 15 and I took my shotgun with me. Back then Missouri was a state you had to have a permit to buy a handgun so my old man wouldn't let me take the 1911 he bought me because it was in his name. I had a couple rifles but I saw no point in dragging them around with me.

I see a lot of people are okay with "No 2A rights until you're 21" here. I just have two questions.

Regulating 2A rights by age means we can regulate all rights by age. Everyone okay with that ?

What are the actual statistics regarding under 21 year old Americans committing crimes with legally obtained long guns ? My guess is that it's nearly statistically insignificant and people are making emotional decisions not rational decisions.

And I absolutely agree with whoever said that if we raise the age to own a gun to 21 we damn well ought to raise the age of legal contracts, voting, military enlistment, driving and owning property to 21. If we are going to assume 21 is the age where people are magically less likely to commit crimes or do stupid :poop: with guns then it's completely illogical to assume they are mature enough to engage in any of those other things.
We already regulate 2A by age. 12yr olds can’t buy guns but they do have freedom of speech, outside of schools. The 2A doesn’t mention age at all.
Overall I agree with your comment. Just wanted to throw that in there.

We already regulate 2A by age. 12yr olds can’t buy guns but they do have freedom of speech, outside of schools. The 2A doesn’t mention age at all.
Overall I agree with your comment. Just wanted to throw that in there.

18 year olds are legally adults. They can enter contracts, drop out of high school, join the military, move out of their parent's house, all without having to obtain permission from their parents.

Agreed. If you are an adult, you have the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If you (in the collective sense) don’t think 18 is old enough to be an adult and exercise his/her Constitutional right, change the legal age of being an adult. That would apply to EVERYTHING including voting. If you don’t want to do that, quit talking about taking away an adult’s Constitunional right. People are treading on thin ice by arbitrarily taking away the Constitutonal rights of adults…
18 year olds are legally adults. They can enter contracts, drop out of high school, join the military, move out of their parent's house, all without having to obtain permission from their parents.
You're wondering how a law makes sense? I had to put that out there.
Floridas law does not prohibit an 18 year old from legally possessing a firearm. He just cannot buy one.
Hate to say this, but no matter what we think or say here, they are going to do what they want to an extent, all we can do is get ahold of our legislators and let them know how you feel.
Ok so everyone has made valid points on age restriction and of course how it relates to the 2A.

Here’s a question that needs to be discussed, how do we as a nation stop people from murdering our children?

Ok so everyone has made valid points on age restriction and of course how it relates to the 2A.

Here’s a question that needs to be discussed, how do we as a nation stop people from murdering our children?
How as a nation do we stop people from committing serious violent crimes?
That is a better question.
Many cities have violent crime daily that alway dont involve a firearm.
That would be my question

How as a nation do we stop people from committing serious violent crimes?
That is a better question.
Many cities have violent crime daily that alway dont involve a firearm.
That would be my question
we got have "thought police", like i think Keanu Reeves was...

thinking about doing a crime...??

WHAP.......you're in jail, caught, arrested, tried, judged..........all in an hour or less.

i can't get my dry cleaning "martinized" any faster.

Back