testtest

Cold Weather

Graduated HS in 89. Weather here turning colder as well in NE Pa. Mixed precip late Thursday into Friday and high almost 50 Friday then it bottoms out w single digits for Saturday and Sunday. Gonna have to get the tauntaun from Star Wars Empire Strikes back ready. Cold doesn't really bother me it's the snow I hate now the Wife that's a different story with the cold. My cold weather carry, Colt King Cobra 3 inch in a DeSantis OWB leather holster.

So you're 2 years younger than me.

My daughter was born in 1991. Almost all the guys I outwork every day on the job are younger than her.

I'm not sure how it happened. All of my friend's kids have kids now.

We were living in the Tampa Bay area Christmas 89 and it snowed. But the real impact was to the citrus industry from the hard freeze. It killed a lot of the trees in the groves
Yep, every few years there is a real cold snap.

1671626774225.gif

Going to -30 below tomorrow night after only single digits tomorrow for highs (w/o wind chill), as low as -20 on Thursday & at night then single digits again on Friday with a warm up into the 20's.

A good old fashioned MT winter this year. After the start the first of last month only 2.5 months to go. (y)
Same deal here in Ohio, I remember 89 for sure! Had a couple nasty winters to deal with.

I gave up Midwest winters in 1985. It was 58 yesterday. Brrrrrrrr
I left Indiana in '84 and moved to Miami, 4 years in Miami and my body thinks anything below 70 is cold. This cold snap we are going to have in my area of Georgia will set a new record for continuous hours below freezing, and that's a very big deal around here. Water pipes will freeze and burst, people will set fire to their houses accidentally while trying to stay warm, firefighter and 1st responders will experience for the first time what midwesteners call warm weather in winter ... it won't be good around here. The 40 mph winds forecast for Friday will make matter much worse.

Last edited:
Good book.

They could have picked a better actor.

Leonardo DiCaprio is no Hugh Glass

I prefer this one with a better actor, and based in part on John Colters' Run.

I remember this version from the mid 50s!

When it gets cold like that you get house fires and asphyxiations from people trying to heat with grills

When my wife was working as a nurse in a nursing home there was a 35 yo, when wife first met her, ex schoolteacher, female, who was a resident there. She was very low functioning with very good health. She lived there the entire time Pat worked there, 9 years and was expected to live many more years.

Her condition was the end result of a wintertime tryst in a running automobile, the man died and she ended like that. Pat said she never saw the husband or children visit. Sad...

Carbon monoxide is nothing to mess with.

Last edited:
Back