testtest

COVID vaccines

benstt

Professional
Founding Member
Who's gotten their vaccines so far? I just got my first jab yesterday. I feel a little rough today but not much worse than after a hard Olympic lifting session. How has it gone for you?

Got my first Covid shot last Friday. They (provider) called Thursday saying I was in the que so we made an appointment for the next morning. Got the "Pfizer" version. Went in 15 min early & was out the door 5 min after my original time.

No post-shot issues. Can't even feel where they stuck the needle in and if it weren't for the band-aid I would now where they gave it to me.

Just have to wait 3 weeks now fo shot #2, the 2-3 weeks after that I should be clear to travel.

Last edited:
I’ve had both. Finally working for a school paid off. No symptoms other than being tired the day I got the shots and a sore arm for a few days. Now to try and get the wife vaccinated

I most likely will never accept the vaccine! 1 question? How many get regular flu vaccines? I have only had that vaccine once in my life and have never had the flu and have been in close contact with people who had it at the time.
I get the flu vaccine every year. I hear enough horror stories from my friends in infectious disease specialties and hospitalists in general that there was no way I wasn't getting the shots. Knowing a 38-year-old normally healthy guy who never gets sick but ended up in the ICU on oxygen for 10 days would have convinced me, if I needed convincing. Plus I feel it's my duty to everyone else to get the shots, as it is with other vaccines. I was willing to take a bullet in the USMC, I'm willing to take a shot now.

No shot for me. Never had a flu shot. Can’t remember if I’ve ever had the flu. Maybe decades ago, but nothing comes to mind.

I never wear a mask unless required, such as going into a hospital for work or a recent airline trip to Mexico for my son’s wedding. If I haven’t gotten it by now, I don’t think I will. I’ve certainly been exposed.

Won’t disparage those who get it, but I’m not...

I got my first shot of Pfizer 2 weeks ago, and have an appointment to get my 2nd shot this Saturday. My neighbor's 28 year old daughter died on Christmas Day from Covid complications. At my age, being diabetic, and having a heart issue I didn't feel that I had a choice if I wanted to stop living like a hermit. I have a hunch that at some point later in the year many companies and businesses will make the Covid vaccination a requirement for employment.

I’m not really super happy about the mRNA “vaccine” however, I have a transplant list elderly father living with me and I need to protect him as much as I can. God help me and the rest of the country if the long term effects are nasty.
I read the FDA filings for Pfizer and it sounds good, but I'm a layman so there's plenty I don't know about the mRNA vaccines. What are the possible risks? I'm seriously asking because I'm not knowledgable on the subject, not to start a debate.

Last edited:
Yep and that’s where the problem comes in. Grown vaccines float around dead virus to prompt a response. mRNA actually enters your cells (nobody says which ones) and takes them over. One tiny misstep in creating the rna or a mutation of it equals injecting something in you that has the very real potential of doing God knows what.
Is scary. Even more scary that I’m going to have to take it because nobody’s got a traditional vaccine coming any time soon.

J&J and AstraZenica are traditional vaccines & both are being distributed,

Pfizer & Moderna are the only mRNA vaccines.

Both mRNA and Viral Vector COVID vaccines enter a cell in your body, just like any other vaccine - flu, etc.

My wife’s degree is in microbiology and minor in chemistry. I’m not a college educated guy, unless Fort Knox was an accredited institution. She says the mNRA aspects of this vaccine is a bad idea. I don’t plan on getting it, but that’s because I have a healthy distrust of my “betters”, and I don’t like doing what I’m told. I’m kind of immature that way.

Back