testtest

Dawson Precision Magwell for Prodigy

Been watching this thread and you've all convinced me. I've wanted one for some time.

Just purchased one - will report back when I get it installed.

@SimonRL Get one yet? :LOL:

Been watching this thread and you've all convinced me. I've wanted one for some time.

Just purchased one - will report back when I get it installed.

@SimonRL Get one yet? :LOL:
Not yet, I’m on the fence. I really like my Prodigy as it is and the way the grip fits my hand. It sounds like it might be hard to get off if I decide I don’t care for it.

Simon, when mine arrives, I’ll do a bit of a write up on how/where it hits, actions taken to get it to fit.
I’m not above a little file, a little finesse to get it to work.
But I’m not the guy to take a 2x4 to it and sledge hammer with duct tape either. LOL.

Simon, when mine arrives, I’ll do a bit of a write up on how/where it hits, actions taken to get it to fit.
I’m not above a little file, a little finesse to get it to work.
But I’m not the guy to take a 2x4 to it and sledge hammer with duct tape either. LOL.
No need to file, just carefully put the front end of the frame in the magwell then slide then push the magwell down onto the frame. It will be tight tight tight, but it will go on, and the tight fit is why it’s rock solid on the poly frame.

Mine was super tight for sure. No filing needed though. I lined it up and smacked it with a rubber hammer and it popped right on. I used the new extended pin to push out the old and it worked perfect.
I expected it to kind of capture fingers on shooting hand and it doesn’t, it does however give the perfect ledge for the support hand. Both the 17 and 20 round mags worked perfectly as well.

Good news.. have a range trip planned Thursday night, doubt it’ll be here in time, but..that just means a Saturday or Sunday range trip as well.. LOL.
Wheel, thanks for the pin tip, that’s actually what I was thinking of doing to make it easy, appreciate the confirmation!

I have to admit, there are a lot of very knowledgeable people and good information on this forum.

Just installed the Dawson Precision magwell on my new Prodigy today. It went on without a hitch. I just hope I never have to remove it.

Thank you xdman for the tip.

Did the small ridges at the bottom of the grip cause any problems getting it on?
None whatsoever. Just hook the front of the magwell on the grip and push it up in the back while trying to align it to the rear of the grip. It will be tight.

You can try to use your hand to tap it into place, but in the end you will probably need a few taps with a rubber mallet to push it on. Like I said it is tight, but it isn't necessary to remove any material and the ridges were no problem.

I did use a bit of lube on the parts to help in putting the magwell on.

Did the small ridges at the bottom of the grip cause any problems getting it on?
The ridges help stabilize and lock the magwell to the frame. It’s supposed to be a tight fit.

Got mine in today and put it on.

Bit of a pain in the rear at first but wow, the Prodigy feels really nice with a magwell on it!
My grip is definitely more snug and the bottom of my hand pushes against the magwell in a good way.

Can't wait to shoot it this weekend.

Reactions: RLB
I like mine. I question just how effective it is as a magwell because it widens the opening but IMO isn't deep enough to funnel the mags in. Plus it leaves a ledge inside the opening and isn't blended in enough.

But it does look great and helps to get a better grip.

I like mine. I question just how effective it is as a magwell because it widens the opening but IMO isn't deep enough to funnel the mags in. Plus it leaves a ledge inside the opening and isn't blended in enough.

But it does look great and helps to get a better grip.
For me, it's about getting a better grip and protecting the polymer bottom of the grip which is most likely the part of it that'll get chewed up.

Might as well post a few pictures for interested parties. I love it.
20230202_160904.jpg

20230202_160933.jpg

Might as well post a few pictures for interested parties. I love it.
20230202_160904.jpg

20230202_160933.jpg
That's helpful, particularly the 2nd pic. Because the two don't mate perfectly, I'd imagine the bottom of the frame is going to get chewed over time, but I'll be curious to see what your mileage shows after using it for a bit.

...and hopefully SA will start offering replacement polymer lowers at some point....🤞

Back