testtest

Democrats Push National Safe Storage Bill in U.S. Congress

You'll never legislate out stupidity.
When I went to high school we had both archery and gun safety. Today's parents (most if them) would have a stroke and coronary attack if their child came home with a permission slip to be involved. Today most parents allow their children to play violent video games and that's the only place they get their firearms safety rules for the most part.

In my area the do-gooder parents have all but abolished anything directly related to firearm safety or any sort of archery class in schools anymore. You know because you don't have to go and hunt for your food you go to the store and hunt up and down the aisles for your food. Personally I think every child should have a hunter firearm safety course that they must pass it certainly not going to hurt and it certainly can help.

What happened to accountability? What happened to teaching your kids about the dangers of the world. Today’s parents want everyone else to do the job for them. Would it still have been someone else’s fault if the guy had put his gun in a gun vault and the kid went online to find ways to break into it. At some point you’ve got to say “I didn’t do a good enough job as a parent teaching my kid to mind his own business and respect other people’s property.”

I’m a firm believer that, as a gun owner, you should expose your kids to your firearms. Show them the firearm, let them know how it works, take them out to shoot, teach them firearm safety and let them know that they are not to touch them, but if they do want to see them - ask. This way they are familiar with firearms and understand the dangers.

The REAL problem comes when parents hide their guns and don’t expose their kids to them. Kids are kids. They will find things. And when they find a firearm they didn’t know was there, they’ll play with it, as if it’s a toy. And then horrible accidents can happen.

My kids, grown now, never had the curiosity. Always respected the firearms. Always asked to see them, although there wasn’t a lot of asking because there was no curiosity and no fascination because they were exposed.

If parents were more responsible. If they taught their kids instead of “shielding” them, things would be much better.

Just another attack on individual freedom. Most of us here agree that we can make our own decisions regarding how to store firearms.
And, just another way to increase their revenues through more and more taxes, fees and fines? Thing is money alone doesn't fix problems or safety, but good quality education usually does. Where is that if not at home or schools 1st?
With better quality educational system we'd need fewer laws.

I’m a firm believer that, as a gun owner, you should expose your kids to your firearms. Show them the firearm, let them know how it works, take them out to shoot, teach them firearm safety and let them know that they are not to touch them, but if they do want to see them - ask. This way they are familiar with firearms and understand the dangers.

The REAL problem comes when parents hide their guns and don’t expose their kids to them. Kids are kids. They will find things. And when they find a firearm they didn’t know was there, they’ll play with it, as if it’s a toy. And then horrible accidents can happen.

My kids, grown now, never had the curiosity. Always respected the firearms. Always asked to see them, although there wasn’t a lot of asking because there was no curiosity and no fascination because they were exposed.

If parents were more responsible. If they taught their kids instead of “shielding” them, things would be much better.
Agree, when we were young, my father always took us out to shoot, we never snuck around to find them, we knew where he kept them and we never messed with them since we were taught how to use them and how dangerous they could be.

It doesn’t even have to be neighbors snitching on you. If the police come to your door looking for help with an unrelated crime, or investigating a disturbance, or or or or. They’re making people who are doing nothing wrong, criminals.

Back