testtest

Does the Hellcat Have a Safety?

Just so everybody knows and is aware of it when carrying a pistol without a safety you must be careful when putting them back in your holster. There was a police captain that was reholstering his glock and the trigger caught on his adjustment string at the bottom of his coat. The gun fired and shot him in the foot. I would prefer a safety but I want a hellcat badly so I will just have to be cautious when reholstering.
Here is the video link.

Just so everybody knows and is aware of it when carrying a pistol without a safety you must be careful when putting them back in your holster. There was a police captain that was reholstering his glock and the trigger caught on his adjustment string at the bottom of his coat. The gun fired and shot him in the foot. I would prefer a safety but I want a hellcat badly so I will just have to be cautious when reholstering.
Here is the video link.
That’s why I like the XD or XDm, they have the grip safety like a 1911.

"This is MY safety, sir...."

This is my Safety - finger.png

Guns with no safeties aren’t for everyone. I had a gun before I had a bicycle when I was 5 years old. I’ve been around guns my entire life. I still want a safety. I’m ok with the XD having a grip and trigger safety. Trigger only, no thanks. Just too many ways for an accidental discharge. I’m sure I can keep it from happening, but it would just always be in the back of my mind. So I guess it’s peace of mind.

I carry revolvers and my XDe decocked with one in the chamber. I also have a DAO HK45 that I’m comfortable with.

I admit I too like guns with safeties & hammers. DA/SA hammer down one in the pipe, or cocked & locked as is with my 1911. That being said, I have no problem with my XDM's because of the grip and trigger safeties that have to be actuated to override the firing pin disconnector.

Just the same, I'm still struggling with whether I want to get an XDM-10 first, or get the Hellcat first. If I procrastinate long enough and dither, eventually I'll have enough money set aside to buy both at once. Which is probably what will actually happen! :ROFLMAO:

Back