testtest

Entry-level AR-15?

My first AR was a completed from a manufacturer, off the shelf Adams Arms. Shortly after I got it I figured out that it was an Anderson lower. Which means the only thing that was different from one I would have built myself is the upper. I haven't bought a completed lower since. I would think buying a stripped lower from Aero and a completed upper from Aero might be a real good way for a guy to step into a nice quality rifle and learn how to complete a lower at the same time.
You can usually buy a stripped Aero lower and finish it cheaper than buying a complete Aero lower. I have done both options for builds.

I recommend the M4E1 with the standard handguard threads instead of the M4E1 enhanced as this takes a proprietary handguard so your very limited on options. The Aero Atlas line of handguards fit standard handguard threads and are a lot thinner which feel much more comfortable than the enhanced handguard. I have a few different configurations of Aero firearms with both types.

You can usually buy a stripped Aero lower and finish it cheaper than buying a complete Aero lower. I have done both options for builds.

I recommend the M4E1 with the standard handguard threads instead of the M4E1 enhanced as this takes a proprietary handguard so your very limited on options. The Aero Atlas line of handguards fit standard handguard threads and are a lot thinner which feel much more comfortable than the enhanced handguard. I have a few different configurations of Aero firearms with both types.
6463E8BC-CF4F-424C-BD13-B2C0A1388F07.gif

I know some people keep their ear pro by their SD weapon. Too much stuff to think about with not enough time if you ask me. There's always auditory exclusion.

"Auditory exclusion can have a protective purpose too. In situations like combat, where the noise created by gunfire or explosions is loud enough to cause significant damage, an individuals hearing can be suppressed or muted to the point where they are unaware of the severity of the noise until afterwards. Consequently, minimising any damage to the individual's hearing"
No…it doesn’t work that way.

No amount of adrenaline will reduce the decibels impacting your eardrum.

You might not feel it rupturing…but it’s still gonna rupture.

10mm If you have subsonic 300BLK with a suppressor, you'll be ok without the EP...ringing a little maybe, but not deaf (like I will be if God forbid it comes down to it...). Seen plenty of guys shoot it OUTSIDE without plugs without an issue. Inside, however, your ears may be ringing a while...

I have a few PSA uppers and though they do feel solid they also feel way heavier than uppers from companies like Aero Precision.

For a first time AR buyer I'd recommend buying a complete rifle from a major manufacturer with a great warranty to avoid complications.
Oh, I would buy a complete from PSA for the OP.

Didn’t mean a kit for a first time AR buyer.

10mm If you have subsonic 300BLK with a suppressor, you'll be ok without the EP...ringing a little maybe, but not deaf (like I will be if God forbid it comes down to it...). Seen plenty of guys shoot it OUTSIDE without plugs without an issue. Inside, however, your ears may be ringing a while...
Yes you are correct. Shooting indoors with a suppressor while even using a suppressed .22lr amplifies the sound greatly.

I have a few PSA uppers and though they do feel solid they also feel way heavier than uppers from companies like Aero Precision.

For a first time AR buyer I'd recommend buying a complete rifle from a major manufacturer with a great warranty to avoid complications.
Considering uppers have the same basic components it's the weight of the barrel & handguards that differentiate between manufacturers. Even aluminum handguards weigh more or less based on their design.

Whether you buy a complete rifle from PSA or buy the upper & lowers seperately PSA honors all their stuff equally.

Considering uppers have the same basic components it's the weight of the barrel & handguards that differentiate between manufacturers. Even aluminum handguards weigh more or less based on their design.

Whether you buy a complete rifle from PSA or buy the upper & lowers seperately PSA honors all their stuff equally.
Agreed and the point I was making was that my PSA uppers with free float hanguards feel heavier than my Aero uppers. This is probably due mostly to Aero using a different aluminum alloy or barrel nut design than PSA.

I consider weight as a factor in my current builds because when you start adding accessories like mounts and sights every ounce counts.

I sometimes prefer MOE handguards to the free-floating style just for the weight savings.

No…it doesn’t work that way.

No amount of adrenaline will reduce the decibels impacting your eardrum.

You might not feel it rupturing…but it’s still gonna rupture.
Above a certain decibel level. Shoot a 12 gauge at a target with no ear pro on and your ears are going to ring. Shoot at a flying quail with no ear pro on and they won't. Certainly indoors is going to amplify that level, but auditory exclusion still ramps it down some.

Hi all, question … have several handguns, now looking to purchase entry-level AR-15. Looking at Springfield and Sig. Retired Navy CDR, so not much shooting in the past, as we only qualified occasionally and with a .45 in the old days, in recent times a 9mm. Looking at spending less than $1000. Older guy with older eyes, so might need a good sight. Any help/guidance/thoughts appreciated.

Thanks and V/R,
Ron
Don't overlook Windham Weaponry. It's the old Bushmaster crew in the old Bushmaster building owned by the original Bushmaster owner (RIP Richard ****). It's a top quality firearm and it fits your budget.

Back