testtest

Favorite Boots

Keen.

My work boots are their safety toe, and I wear their shoes normally.

Used to wear Ecco a lot, but they don’t make anything my work approves.
I go back and forth with wearing safety toe boots. Depending on the type of site I'm on I'll wear the safety toe boots. My company only requires 6in minimum leather boots for safety requirements and safety toe is not an OSHA requirement so it's up to us if we want that option.

I wore Redwing boots the last twenty years I worked and wish I had started many years before that. These boots are the ones I always wore. ----> https://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/2233-red-wing-shoes/2233-red-wing-mens-8-inch-boot-brown

The first pair I bought I really mistreated . I wore them everyday even on weekends when not dressing up to go out. I also wore them while hunting and waded through mud and shallow water. I did buy the Redwing oil treatment for boots and treated them regularly . The first pair lasted me 2 years before I finally broke down and threw them away.

I wore Redwing boots the last twenty years I worked and wish I had started many years before that. These boots are the ones I always wore. ----> https://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/2233-red-wing-shoes/2233-red-wing-mens-8-inch-boot-brown

The first pair I bought I really mistreated . I wore them everyday even on weekends when not dressing up to go out. I also wore them while hunting and waded through mud and shallow water. I did buy the Redwing oil treatment for boots and treated them regularly . The first pair lasted me 2 years before I finally broke down and threw them away.
2 years on a pair of boots is definitely getting your money's worth!

I can get a decent amount of mileage from my casual boots but I beat up my work boots pretty bad.

I've been wearing steel/safety toe boots for as long as I can remember. I used to wear Carolinas but even the $180 Carolinas wear out too fast for me. I could easily get a couple years out of the Thoroughgoods. They're US made and union made. They're about $250. My work pays for $150 of it, twice a year. I wear the same boots with a regular cotton tube sock summer and winter.

I've been wearing steel/safety toe boots for as long as I can remember. I used to wear Carolinas but even the $180 Carolinas wear out too fast for me. I could easily get a couple years out of the Thoroughgoods. They're US made and union made. They're about $250. My work pays for $150 of it, twice a year. I wear the same boots with a regular cotton tube sock summer and winter.
That's a nice stipend from work. I've book marked the web page for those boots.

When I was a carpenter I wore the ones with the white soles. In the line of work I'm in now I've found those soles don't hold up as well as the loggers. Plus I need the traction more.
I've tried Chippewa super logger's almost 20 years ago but the added angle smashed up my toes pretty good when I was framing a roof and I haven't tried that type since. Most logger's are taller boots and I prefer 6in now for the added movement. Logger's are probably the best styled boots though.

I've tried Chippewa super logger's almost 20 years ago but the added angle smashed up my toes pretty good when I was framing a roof and I haven't tried that type since. Most logger's are taller boots and I prefer 6in now for the added movement. Logger's are probably the best styled boots though.

Yeah those white soled Carpenter boots are probably better for roofs. I wore a lot of Danners when I was a carpenter too. To be honest, most of the time when I do a ( Shingle) roof I wear tennis shoes.

1586655554596.jpeg

Long history of uncomfortable, foot-destroying boots/shoes during Navy days. Boot camp issue, ankle-high "boondockers" that were ill-fitting, and the leather seemed to stretch out of shape the longer you wore them. Reported aboard my third ship (a Destroyer Tender), which is basically a floating repair shop. Got issued steel toed boondockers, and,when they wore-out I finally got a pair of "molders" boots, which have the elastic on the sides for easy entry/exit. Much better fitting, and wore those for a number of yrs. Last ship during "oh crap" events, wore steel-toed fireman boots. Moving on to other ship & shore stations (still around industrial shops) ended-up wearing the tall (8"-9") steel-toed lace-up boots. Narrow toe cap, and uncomfortable also. Store-bought insoles helped immensely. The last shore duty station wore the low quarter shiny "Corfam" oxford shoes, which did not breathe at all, and finally switched to the brown leather low-quarter shoes with khaki uniform. These days I try to wear slip-on comfortable shoes whenever possible. My apologies for the long footwear history. :)

Last edited:
Last duty boot I bought were new black army surplus boots made in 1976. They had size 14s so I bought 3 pairs. Used two pair and still have one pair that are unused. My hunting boots are Jason's waterproof leather boots that I have had for 15 years. They have been to Alaska four times and are a great, comfortable rugged boots.

• CSA certified
  • ASTM F2413-05 M C/75 I/75 EH PR certified
  • Full-grain leather is polishable and waterproof
  • Composite safety toe
  • Waterproof membrane is breathable and resists blood-borne pathogens
  • Antibacterial and moisture-wicking technology enhance comfort
  • Quiet outsole provides slip and oil resistance
  • Midsole board resists puncture
  • 5.11's patented Shock Mitigation System
  • Imported
  • YKK Side zipper
Been wearing them for the last 14yrs when they started as Station 8s. Light and comfy.

* side note i previously wore Bates and found these infinitely more comfortable.

Last edited:
Back