testtest

First Look: Springfield 1911 DS Prodigy 9mm

After reading about multiple issues like Mgar64’s I decided to bypass all the headaches and got a Staccato. Buy once and cry once I guess.
I went another way. I used the Prodigy as my inexpensive gateway drug into 2011s. I expected minor issues…and I’m very pleased with My prodigy now. But… I had to know what Staccato was like, and…now I’m hooked. Looking to replace my EDC P320X compact with a C2 or CS…. I really like the platform.

UPDATE: I never looked at the guide rod while shooting. I checked this morning and it had come loose. Really loose. It was backed out probably 1/8-1/4”. I have to think that this May be responsible (or at least contributed to) my FTF issues. Looking back at my notes I notice that the malfunctions increased significantly after about 100 rounds.

UPDATE: I never looked at the guide rod while shooting. I checked this morning and it had come loose. Really loose. It was backed out probably 1/8-1/4”. I have to think that this May be responsible (or at least contributed to) my FTF issues. Looking back at my notes I notice that the malfunctions increased significantly after about 100 rounds.
I’d replace the two piece rod. Mine never came loose, if anything the opposite, but it was a PITA and got sent down the road and replaced with a Dawson one piece guide rod.

Yep, just ordered up an Atlas one piece. I don’t like the idea of a paperclip or staple, it looks like the Atlas (Possibly the Dawson too…) doesn’t need anything and it’s made very similar to the Dawson in my Staccato.
The prodigy 2 piece didn’t really bother me too much…until I had the Stac P. After that… I realized the WAY better design.

Mgar, as someone who went through the SA warranty process… call them.
I sent an email that to this day, never got answered.
I called them Monday morning and had an RMA label within 10 minutes.
How do you ship it with the label they sent you? I have to send a Browning back and they told me that due to a change with FEDEX and UPS that a dealer has to send it back. This is new to me.

How do you ship it with the label they sent you? I have to send a Browning back and they told me that due to a change with FEDEX and UPS that a dealer has to send it back. This is new to me.

I sent two pistols back to Tisas a couple of weeks ago. FedEx. I just walked in handed them the box with a mailing label already on it. They scanned it, handed me a receipt, and I was on my way.

Yep, just ordered up an Atlas one piece. I don’t like the idea of a paperclip or staple, it looks like the Atlas (Possibly the Dawson too…) doesn’t need anything and it’s made very similar to the Dawson in my Staccato.
The prodigy 2 piece didn’t really bother me too much…until I had the Stac P. After that… I realized the WAY better design.
The Dawson is a tooless, one-piece recoil rod that captures the spring. Here’s mine;
36D78B87-50C9-4386-B61D-BF5F8FA35B9F.jpeg

B2536CB9-6709-4D17-B0B4-F07704DFB371.jpeg

I found a FedEx that accepts dangerous goods…they don’t all take firearms, at least not in Metro Detroit.
Boxed it, handed it to them…shipped off with the RMA label.

@SimonRL, I have a 4.25 Prodigy. I have that same dawson in my Staccato, I don’t see the same for the 4.25 Prodigy. I just got one from Atlas.

What I shipped my Tisas pistols, it was at an actual FedEx office inside a Walmart. They did not ask what was in the package.

I just sent a Springfield back with their return label. As I recall the shipping label was from Springfield and to Springfield, so that qualified as being acceptable to the shippers.

I sent two pistols back to Tisas a couple of weeks ago. FedEx. I just walked in handed them the box with a mailing label already on it. They scanned it, handed me a receipt, and I was on my way.
That’s the way it should be. However, the closest FedEx store closest to me always asks what’s in the box? Something tells me I may end up having to ship through a dealer.

That’s the way it should be. However, the closest FedEx store closest to me always asks what’s in the box? Something tells me I may end up having to ship through a dealer.
If they ask, tell them something like broker familia heirloom or something of equal weight?

I’m no lawyer…and others may know more. But I **Think** as Long as the RMA label is from a licensed FFL you’re good. My answer would be warranty return for a firearm. If they give you hassle, go to the dealer.

The FedEx I used didn’t even question.

I found a FedEx that accepts dangerous goods…they don’t all take firearms, at least not in Metro Detroit.
Boxed it, handed it to them…shipped off with the RMA label.

@SimonRL, I have a 4.25 Prodigy. I have that same dawson in my Staccato, I don’t see the same for the 4.25 Prodigy. I just got one from Atlas.
I don’t think they make one for the 4.25.

I’m no lawyer…and others may know more. But I **Think** as Long as the RMA label is from a licensed FFL you’re good. My answer would be warranty return for a firearm. If they give you hassle, go to the dealer.

The FedEx I used didn’t even question.
I thought that if you were returning a firearm for repairs that you did not need to to ship from an FFL.

Called Springfield. CS rep asked a lot of questions. E.g. Asked for a list of issues, clean/lube the gun? What did I use? How many rounds fired? What ammo? They’re sending me a RMA and shipping label. I asked if I should send the magazines and was told “no.” I asked “don’t you need to test the magazine function?” and was told ”only if theres a suspicion that the mags are malfunctioning and in this case there’s not.” I beg to differ, but okay. Hopefully the turn around will be fast and all issues resolved.

I know when I had to send my SA-35 back to Springfield (3 times before they got it right) with their RMA label it was all good. Went to local FedEx hub they asked what was inside I told them, they made me in front of them check that there was no ammunition inside or anything else that shouldn't be and no hassle they accepted it and off she went. Just my two cents.

Called Springfield. CS rep asked a lot of questions. E.g. Asked for a list of issues, clean/lube the gun? What did I use? How many rounds fired? What ammo? They’re sending me a RMA and shipping label. I asked if I should send the magazines and was told “no.” I asked “don’t you need to test the magazine function?” and was told ”only if theres a suspicion that the mags are malfunctioning and in this case there’s not.” I beg to differ, but okay. Hopefully the turn around will be fast and all issues resolved.
I sent my magazines in with the pistol when I RMA’s mine. They checked them all.. and other than a couple of weeks ago…they were flawless. I took each apart, cleaned them, and all is well again.
If you think the mags are a problem, send them in with it is my advice.

Back