testtest

First Look: Springfield 1911 DS Prodigy 9mm

Was really hoping this would be offered in 10mm and I would be ordering as soon as available. Please offer this platform with 15+ rounds and I’m in. Would go nicely with my 1911 45 TRP and Hellcat RDP.

Attachments

• D3D9B75D-4053-46B6-B95E-9BBC966E0CF9.jpeg
    D3D9B75D-4053-46B6-B95E-9BBC966E0CF9.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 170
If .45 or 10mm ammo were as cheap as 9mm then i'd probably be shooting .45 all the time (there's something about that huge hunk of lead). Since that is not the case, one of the main considerations for me, at least, when looking at picking up a new gun is how much it will cost to feed it. SA is reaching a wider audience offering this in 9mm. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out in .45 or 10mm within a year, if the demand is there.
This is sort of a moot point for me though since $1500 is too rich for my blood. Still a nice looking pistol.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “First Look: Springfield 1911 DS Prodigy 9mm” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/springfield-1911-ds-prodigy-9mm/.
I'm not finding the Prodigy listed on the Firstline program. I can be pretty impulsive but I'm holding off on trying to order until I find out one way or another if the discount will be offered.

Happen to have any insight?

Hate to tell some guys here but....9mm is more popular in the US than .45....it is what it is. These look so good. Sleek, smart, fast, and tactical. I can feel like John Wick without paying Taran Tac 8 bajillion dollars.
This for sure, but Springfield has said the Prodigy is the first in a series of double stack 1911’s. So people may get their wish

Video's are popping up all over the place! GunsMag Warehouse has another. Couldn't copy the link!

To be honest, I'm somewhat disappointed in it, being a 9mm and all.:(
Here's a GunMagWarehouse Video on the Prodigy:

If .45 or 10mm ammo were as cheap as 9mm then i'd probably be shooting .45 all the time (there's something about that huge hunk of lead). Since that is not the case, one of the main considerations for me, at least, when looking at picking up a new gun is how much it will cost to feed it. SA is reaching a wider audience offering this in 9mm. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out in .45 or 10mm within a year, if the demand is there.
This is sort of a moot point for me though since $1500 is too rich for my blood. Still a nice looking pistol.
You can buy a box of Sellior and Belliot 230 gr. for less than you can buy a box of 124 gr WWB.

Around here a lot of youse guys talk about what crappy ammo WWB is, but it's twice as expensive as Blazer Brass.

My little LGS got 4 of these in...2ea 4.5" and 2ea 5"...they blasted an e-mail out yesterday (or Wed...can't remember). If they got them (they are small), the distribution has to be pretty good. As an aside, I asked the owner Monday if he was getting any in, he looked at me funny and said, "Springfield 2011?...in your dreams!". He should get an Oscar for that performance...he was convincing. Not my thing...if I had $1500 a good AK would be my next-up. Maybe a CZ Scorpion. So many guns, so little money...

Back