testtest

First Look: Springfield Armory Echelon 9mm

It’s the only one right now…but I’d say it’s quite likely that other optics manufacturers will follow suit…

I know Glock and S&W are making direct mount guns for Agencies and it will trickle to the civilian market soon.

I’d look in the next few years for RDS manufacturers to get together with the same footprint with firearms following suit. The consumer market is rich with folks wether right then or 2 years down the road would buy gun and new RDS.

Might be 5-7 years but I’d presume that is where we are headed.

Interesting, but banned in Washington state. We now have a ten round maximum mag capacity excepting those firearms possessed prior to the new law. Fortunately I do have a FN High Power and magazines.

I would like to see these newest handguns with an additional manual safety.

I would be interested in the Echelon if are decent holster options. I've whined for a couple of years now about the lack thereof for my XDM Elite Tactical OSP. Would love to use the Safariland QLS system... but they don't make a holster for the funnest handgun in my (small) collection. I think they're secretly Glock fanboys.

I would be interested in the Echelon if are decent holster options. I've whined for a couple of years now about the lack thereof for my XDM Elite Tactical OSP. Would love to use the Safariland QLS system... but they don't make a holster for the funnest handgun in my (small) collection. I think they're secretly Glock fanboys.
SafariLand has a Echelon holster already available from day 1

The comments from some on various YouTubeGun Channels are hilarious l. The amount of hate some people have if a new product isn’t from “their” fan company.

It’s a solid product that was well thought out IMHO if you don’t like it Or SA Specifically scroll on (or why are you even watching)

Attachments

• IMG_4735.jpeg
    IMG_4735.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 100
Interested/Interesting…
My initial thoughts, worth less than .02.. :)

Sig… I wonder about potential lawsuits, because let’s face it, this is darn near a copy of the same idea.
I realize…a patented idea only needs to be changed a small percentage… but if there’s one thing we know for certain.
The gun manufacturers hold their ideas sacred and have plenty of $$ to hit the courts. It’s 1000% clear, SA went after Sig not only with the removable trigger group but also the different sized grip modules, along with a serialized control unit.

Second,
The VIS is cool. I love the idea of no plates. In reality, most of us I think have a favorite go to Optic, so changing them out rarely ever happens. But not having to buy plates…that’s a plus.

Third, trigger. Really want to know how it feels. Yes, the factory P320s aren’t great. Plenty of kits out there to fix that (My X5 with a Sig Armorer competition kit is as near to a 1911 feel as a striker fired can get, IMO)

Lastly, don’t know if I’m in the market for another striker fired pistol. I never did like the look or feel of the XD or XD M series pistols. Between my X5 and Rival S, not sure I need this.
But… It may come down to “I want this”.. LOL.

Looking forward to putting my paws on it.

Interested/Interesting…
My initial thoughts, worth less than .02.. :)

Sig… I wonder about potential lawsuits, because let’s face it, this is darn near a copy of the same idea.
I realize…a patented idea only needs to be changed a small percentage… but if there’s one thing we know for certain.
The gun manufacturers hold their ideas sacred and have plenty of $$ to hit the courts. It’s 1000% clear, SA went after Sig not only with the removable trigger group but also the different sized grip modules, along with a serialized control unit.

Second,
The VIS is cool. I love the idea of no plates. In reality, most of us I think have a favorite go to Optic, so changing them out rarely ever happens. But not having to buy plates…that’s a plus.

Third, trigger. Really want to know how it feels. Yes, the factory P320s aren’t great. Plenty of kits out there to fix that (My X5 with a Sig Armorer competition kit is as near to a 1911 feel as a striker fired can get, IMO)

Lastly, don’t know if I’m in the market for another striker fired pistol. I never did like the look or feel of the XD or XD M series pistols. Between my X5 and Rival S, not sure I need this.
But… It may come down to “I want this”.. LOL.

Looking forward to putting my paws on it.

I’m sur Sig will maybe try and sue but doubt anything will come. Beretta also has the same type of removable chassis system on the APX and did from the Military Trials.

Although they are BS claims I feel Sig is too busy with the other litigation but companies sometimes throw darts.

I don’t need a striker fired but if I got one was considering trying out the CZ P10 I like the Hellcat Pro and thought I’d this was a little bigger.

So like you I might just want this bad enough

Wish them luck with it seems like a well thought out pistol that is gonna be on par with many other good ones!

I held one today and was a bit disappointed in the trigger after hearing reviews. Definitely more creep than my stock M&P Metal. Didn’t feel great. Felt decent, like a bit better than my XDME 10mm, but not worlds better. Nice grip. Love the Optics system.

The gun MFG have made mags so expensive. When you get invested in a certain platform and have a bunch of mags already, it's really hard to switch up, because if you sell, no one wants to pay what the mags are worth. So, in the striker fired, double stack, plastic pistol market, I think it's going to get harder to justify a "slightly better" model with all new mags. I went all in on the XD .45 as my preferred Plastic .45acp pistol. New parts from PRP made it a fantastic shooter, but again, more investment that can't be recovered, so it becomes a legacy pistol I'll probably never sell. And yes, I have alot of mags, most of them purchased for half the price of the new Echelon mags, but they work in all three of my XD/XDm's. (Springfield screwed up the usability of the 9mm mags across that platform) Yes, yes, we all like to tinker a little bit and make it "our own". But Springfield has all but abandoned the XD.45, preferring to push the 9/10mm. Will the Echelon be offered in .45 and 10mm? Not remarkable enough in 9mm to switch from my Caniks. Going to be interesting to see what happens after the hype dies down. I wouldn't buy any stock in Springfield Armory at this point.

I shot the Echelon Monday.

Nice gun
Trigger is meh
Good ergonomics
Handles well
No issues with quality or such I noticed
Nothing really fancy other than the optics plate ability. Its a plastic wonder with plastic wonders.
It is another striker fired gun in a sea of striker fired guns

Would I buy one? .. sure
Will I? … nope
I have 4 other guns from Sig and others that compete. Sig 320 carry
M17, etc …

Does nothing my P320 wont do.

For those looking for a good $650 gun and dont have a sea of them already, it would surely fit bill.

Back