testtest

Gas prices...

Eventually, I plan on it.

Replaced my gas water heater with an electric a couple years ago.

Again, you seem to think saying “we need to get away from it” means “we have to stop NOW”. That’s not realistic, and just makes you sound silly.
Saying we have to get away from natural gas because it isn't green enough makes you sound silly. Pretending that electricity is greener than natural gas is patently absurd.

I also feel the need to point out that there is not one documented case of fracking contaminating ground water. There is one case of mishandling the waste produced by fracking. And all the alleged incidents where people report turning on the faucet and setting the water on fire have proved not to have anything to do with fracking or drilling at all. It's natural gas. It occurs underground, naturally.

That said, I have no problem with people who want to explore renewable energy. I have a problem with people who want to go about it in such a way that it not only bankrupts the fossil fuel industry but puts a massive burden on the citizenry. THOSE are the people who need to either STFU or unhook their electric meters and turn off their gas and start riding their bike to work.

I just got a whole bunch of gas for $1.99 after eating the special at Taco Johns...
C8982E10-E3D4-4D01-977E-D900F800928F.gif

Outstanding Keystone. And done the way it should be for the people who just dont understand. With paper and crayons. And if you do a little digging the new green deal isnt really about the environment. Its about controlling the economy. And if anyone still doubts that ask al gore how much he made of an inconvenient truth. Mining of lithium does more damage to the environment than good. And then there will come a time to dispose of the batteries and that is also a huge problem.
Disposing of the car batteries will become the next nuclear fuel type issue and don’t forget what those batteries are encased in, plastic, and plastic is made using oil!!!

Eventually, I plan on it.

Replaced my gas water heater with an electric a couple years ago.

Again, you seem to think saying “we need to get away from it” means “we have to stop NOW”. That’s not realistic, and just makes you sound silly.
So the house we live in was a custom built home for an OG&E executive back in the sixties. Thats our electric company in OKC. I am amused by the fact that he had the foresight and wisdom to have a gas water heater and furnace. At least we can still take hot showers when there is a power outage and enjoy our gas logs.

So the house we live in was a custom built home for an OG&E executive back in the sixties. Thats our electric company in OKC. I am amused by the fact that he had the foresight and wisdom to have a gas water heater and furnace. At least we can still take hot showers when there is a power outage and enjoy our gas logs.
Yeah, electric is like that. Only some of it can be buried. And compared to NG it is ridiculously expensive.

Also of interest possibly. We have all waited hours and hours for our electric to be restored before. When a customer has a " No gas" it is considered an emergency and regardless of weather, scheduled shift or anything else, you are staying there until that customer has gas. It takes me about 2 hours to install most gas services from main to meter and that is the worst case scenario is an entire new service. So gas outages are rare and short.

Lots of unused area on the 10,000 lakes in MN so best to put them to use for wind farms.

1654900754599.png

No matter the size each one should have at least one of the big windmills on them, then fit as many extras on the bigger the lake.

The bonus is you can still fish (summer or winter) amongst the windmills.

The great thing about this is all the birds & bats that the windmills kill simply fall into the water & feed the fish.

Last edited:
I'm glad Talyn posted a few things about hydro-fracturing. That's my industry...kudos!

Fracturing is used in more than oil and gas wells. We use it regularly in water wells to improve production every day (in WI, MN, MI, and any other state that draws its groundwater from aquifers in bedrock...which is most states).

The media has greatly misinformed all of us on hydro-fracturing.

Lots of unused area on the 10,000 lakes in MN so best to put them to use for wind farms.

View attachment 28079

No matter the size each one should have at least one of the big windmills on them, then fit as many extras on the bigger the lake.

The bonus is you can still fish (summer or winter) amongst the windmills.

The great thing about this is all the birds & bats that the windmills kill simply fall into the water & feed the fish.
A good friend of mine owns an oil and gas company in Attica Kansas. He has wells all over. He has a bunch of these too. His son works for an outfit that raises them.

When I fly into the Twin Cities (MN) there are numerous small ponds and larger lakes scattered through out the metro area that could each accommodate at least one or more large windmills to generate electricity directly for use in that metro area.

They would not take up any useable residential space and the population can see where their green energy is coming from 24/7.

Populating every pond and larger lakes in the rest of MN (outside of the BWCAW of course) with large windmills would serve the same purpose for the other cities/towns in MN.

Similarly, large (ocean-grade) windmill farms could be placed off Duluth and further up the North Shore in Lake Superior, outside of the existing shipping lanes, to take advantage of the abundant wind energy on Lake Superior.

MN could become a wind energy super-power.

Last edited:
When I fly into the Twin Cities (MN) there are numerous small ponds and larger lakes scattered through out the metro area that could each accommodate at least one or more large windmills to generate electricity directly for use in that metro area.

They would not take up any residential space and the population can see where their green energy is coming from 24/7.

Populating every pond and larger lakes in MN (outside of the BWCAW) with large windmills would serve the same purpose for the other cities/towns in MN.

Similarly, large (ocean-grade) windmill farms could be placed off Duluth and further up the North Shore in Lake Superior, outside of the existing shipping lanes, to take advantage of the abundant wind energy on Lake Superior.
Guess where the energy produced by windmills in Attica Kansas goes ? It ain't Kansas.

Also, the State of Minnesota should pass a law mandating that on dry land any land owner with more than say ~3 acres of land would be required to allow for the installation of a 2-megawatt wind turbine (see pics), that would require ~1.5 acres of land, on every 3 acres of their property in older to contribute to green energy production.

1654911125606.png
1654911154619.png

Last edited:
Also, the State of Minnesota should pass a law mandating that on dry land any land owner with more than say ~3 acres of land would be required to allow for the installation of a 2-megawatt wind turbine (see pics), that would require ~1.5 acres of land, on every 3 acres of their property in older to contribute to green energy production.

View attachment 28085View attachment 28086
Talyn, wouldn't that be pretty similar for those 'land owners' to you and me being forced to pay somebody else's school loans?

I........... dunno!!! Depriving that land owner of his own use and enjoyment of his own land ...... seems kinda flaky and unfair to me !!! ;) :):unsure:

Talyn, wouldn't that be pretty similar for those 'land owners' to you and me being forced to pay somebody else's school loans?

I........... dunno!!! Depriving that land owner of his own use and enjoyment of his own land ...... seems kinda flaky and unfair to me !!! ;) :):unsure:
Everyone pays for school loans with the govt subsidizing and/or forgiving them and adding to the National debt. I paid my entire way thru college but am still affected by the giant sucking sound of subsidizing snowflakes that get worthless degrees.

Currently, landowners are paid a good amount of $$ to "host" wind mills on their property. Other than the foundational footprint of the windmill (No different than have a farm or other building (garage) occupying the same space.) the landowner can still use the land, and farmers/others that sign up still plant crops/enjoy themselves underneath the whirling blades, and get used to the sound they make.

And we know that those in the blue states need to make their sacrifices when they support the govt they prefer.

My .02

Back