testtest

Gas prices...

I took the wife's car today to a training class. The facility is about 60 miles or so away and out in the middle of nowhere. Everywhere near me gas is $4.87/gal. I filled up out there and it was $4.57. As I felt myself being happy I got it $.30 cheaper a gallon it occurred to me that I was being happy about gas I just paid $4.57/gal for.

Also, the State of Minnesota should pass a law mandating that on dry land any land owner with more than say ~3 acres of land would be required to allow for the installation of a 2-megawatt wind turbine (see pics), that would require ~1.5 acres of land, on every 3 acres of their property in older to contribute to green energy production.

View attachment 28085View attachment 28086
That doesn't sound at all Marxist in any capacity...

3DD51CB7-1D59-4B73-BF0E-F742BD147B30.jpeg

I feel your pain about those skyrocketing fuel prices. It's insane how much they've gone up lately, right? I remember a similar situation a while back when I stumbled upon some helpful tips on Smarter Business. They had some great advice on fuel-saving techniques that ended up saving me a bunch of money in the long run. Maybe worth checking out to ease the sting at the pump!

It's Sleepy Joe's fault. He's trying to kill the oil industry here and promote it overseas (with our enemies). He drained our Strategic Oil Supply to lower prices last time and planned on refilling it with more expensive fuel but has reconsidered recently due to rising prices again. He's also planning more future pain everywhere, but trying to time it for after the election.

It’s funny—

People who, 4 years ago, were crying about “gouging” when ammo prices went up…while oil companies have been doing it to you every. Single. Day. Of your entire lives…and you all blame the gunmint.

It’d be funny, if it wasn’t so pathetic.
The "gunmint" was responsible for some of the pricing issues. Clever. I don't think it was funny for the Feds to arm multiple agencies and supply them all with millions of rounds of ammo. I don't think it is funny to have a proxy war in Ukraine that eats most of our arms production. Let's not forget bs Covid shutdown that forced people from their jobs and their normal lives. Those factors diverted a significant amount of resources of the ammunition makers. With limited primers and powder availability, ammo makers could make more money producing defense ammo and that's what they did given the choice of premium, range ammo and components.
As far as the oil industry goes, what are you going to do drive electric or drill your own oil well?
I have more of an issue with government that grows like a cancer, prints money to insure inflation and screws up most everything they're involved with. YMMV

The "gunmint" was responsible for some of the pricing issues. Clever. I don't think it was funny for the Feds to arm multiple agencies and supply them all with millions of rounds of ammo. I don't think it is funny to have a proxy war in Ukraine that eats most of our arms production. Let's not forget bs Covid shutdown that forced people from their jobs and their normal lives. Those factors diverted a significant amount of resources of the ammunition makers. With limited primers and powder availability, ammo makers could make more money producing defense ammo and that's what they did given the choice of premium, range ammo and components.
As far as the oil industry goes, what are you going to do drive electric or drill your own oil well?
I have more of an issue with government that grows like a cancer, prints money to insure inflation and screws up most everything they're involved with. YMMV
That’s a whole lot of red herrings to unpack, there.

And oil companies are recording record profits, and have been for the past several years.

Yeah…it’s the gubmint’s fault.
But what are "record profits"? Isn't maximizing profit for your business, stake holders, and others what capitalism is all about? Then the gov't has to get it's share to help run the country. No, the term 'record profits' is a red herring. The cost of our gas is changing far faster than profit margins. Intentional manipulation is the real culprit. The only question is who has the power and 'where-with-all to manipulate consumer prices to this degree?

In reality, whether one considers it pathetic or funny, a basic cost of any commodity, whether loading components or widgets, is cost of sourcing materials. A big cost of that sourcing is transportation which depends on fuel costs. When gasoline jumped about $1 almost within the first day of this administration and has been brow beat ever since with the shutting down of certain facilities, several wars across the world all influencing the cost of fuel, smaller but still influences from oil producing countries not friendly with the US, reduced and/or more costly exploration/production based on rescinded and/or denied leases on federal lands, are just a small example of the blame.

And remember the gov't has to also raise the monies needed to ensure the payoff for student loan forgiveness. (Actually even as unfair as that issue is, it's not part of this discussion. It's an example of 'whose ox is being gored' I guess.) But there are many reasons for oil/gas costs to be this high, very few of them legitimate. High fuel/transportation always leads to higher costs of living. Some maybe more legitimate than others, some not so much.

Back