testtest

good day at the range

I spent about 4 1/2 hours at the range today with my friends, the doctor and the lawyer. Mostly doing transition drills ( Carbine/pistol). I did ok. Times were a little slower than normal but my carpal tunnel has been really bad in my right hand the last couple weeks. We spent a little time taking 50, 70 and 100 yard shots with the carry pistols. It was enlightening. I'm now confident I could engage at that distance, you know, when the zombie apocalypse comes or Seal Team 6 recruits me for some black op they need my help with. Of course the Holosuns help a lot I think, but it was nice ringing steel at those distances. They also had some nice, suppressed AR-9s to play with. Lots of fun.

Towards the end of the day a couple old guys show up with one of the employees who is giving them the tour. They say they're about to join at the corporate level. We talk for about 15 minutes. The one guy starts talking about how he had a full auto M16 he bought for like $600 and sold for 15k. Then he starts talking about politics. The warmongers in congress and how they are "Devils on earth". Talking about an inevitable civil war and how guys like us were going to rise up and shoot the crap out of them and blah, blah. All very casually. So after they leave Tom the lawyer says, " Well they were nice guys". I said, "Yeah, they seemed pretty cool for FBI agents." The look on their faces was great. Like the lightbulb went off. :ROFLMAO:

I spent about 4 1/2 hours at the range today with my friends, the doctor and the lawyer. Mostly doing transition drills ( Carbine/pistol). I did ok. Times were a little slower than normal but my carpal tunnel has been really bad in my right hand the last couple weeks. We spent a little time taking 50, 70 and 100 yard shots with the carry pistols. It was enlightening. I'm now confident I could engage at that distance, you know, when the zombie apocalypse comes or Seal Team 6 recruits me for some black op they need my help with. Of course the Holosuns help a lot I think, but it was nice ringing steel at those distances. They also had some nice, suppressed AR-9s to play with. Lots of fun.

Towards the end of the day a couple old guys show up with one of the employees who is giving them the tour. They say they're about to join at the corporate level. We talk for about 15 minutes. The one guy starts talking about how he had a full auto M16 he bought for like $600 and sold for 15k. Then he starts talking about politics. The warmongers in congress and how they are "Devils on earth". Talking about an inevitable civil war and how guys like us were going to rise up and shoot the crap out of them and blah, blah. All very casually. So after they leave Tom the lawyer says, " Well they were nice guys". I said, "Yeah, they seemed pretty cool for FBI agents." The look on their faces was great. Like the lightbulb went off. :ROFLMAO:
Trust No One.jpg

went to the club again this morning. this time i took my Dan Wesson Pointman PM 45

1 flier,

1710859962367.png

as the shell casing were ejecting, i heard that distive "clink" when it would hit the floor..

this is (if i recall) the 3rd cracked shell casing from my reloads.

it is a Winchester case, i am not sure if it was a 1st fired from my new stock, or from the floor sweepings?

OAL was spot on, and the ammo was loaded at "starting charge", and was reloaded back in August of '23 with Bullseye

1710860407705.png

Last edited:
i had to take my Ruger GP 100, 2.5" revolver to the club, twice this week, to adjust the rear sight. my first day, i only had 1 box of ammo, and i just wasn't getting it zeroed in. ( i never adjusted a revolver's sight before)

today i went again, this time with 2 boxes of ammo, and my pocket screw driver, which dammit...it was still a wee bit too fat to fit the tiny screws......i gotta buy a set of "jewelers" screw drivers.

the club does not have a Ransom rest, nor a gun rest for such a short barreled gun.

any way, i should point out too, i have mentioned more than once, i have had 4 major back operations, so standing still and steady, is next to impossible. i have to use ma modified stance when shooting, not the normal that others would use.

as a result, i have to "prop" myself up against the shooting bench.

but i got the sight adjusted good enough for me, as i am not a competition shooter, and may only carry that revolver in the future. but it was aggravating me to no end, and i just did not want to give up.

sight was adjusted for a distance of 25'..

1712839515371.png

this bottom target is 5 rounds
1712839562985.png

went to the club again this morning. this time i took my Dan Wesson Pointman PM 45

1 flier,

View attachment 54348

as the shell casing were ejecting, i heard that distive "clink" when it would hit the floor..

this is (if i recall) the 3rd cracked shell casing from my reloads.

it is a Winchester case, i am not sure if it was a 1st fired from my new stock, or from the floor sweepings?

OAL was spot on, and the ammo was loaded at "starting charge", and was reloaded back in August of '23 with Bullseye

View attachment 54350
Good shooting. Looking forward to getting a DW Pointman PM 45. I had a few split cases over the years. I'm pretty sure they had been reloaded 4-5 times before this occurred. A good portion of my brass was picked up off the ground at my range.

Good shooting. Looking forward to getting a DW Pointman PM 45. I had a few split cases over the years. I'm pretty sure they had been reloaded 4-5 times before this occurred. A good portion of my brass was picked up off the ground at my range.
yeah unfortunately, there is no way for me to know if what i swept up was 1st fired or reloaded brass.

if it was one on my reloads, it would have only been maybe the 2nd time to be reloaded by me, and as i mentioned, i reload at starting charge.

it could have been "stepped on" brass as well, i don't know.

yeah unfortunately, there is no way for me to know if what i swept up was 1st fired or reloaded brass.

if it was one on my reloads, it would have only been maybe the 2nd time to be reloaded by me, and as i mentioned, i reload at starting charge.

it could have been "stepped on" brass as well, i don't know.
Yep you don't know how many times range brass has been reloaded. I usually checked it for bulges, split case mouths, flattened or pierced primers but I'm sure I missed some.

Yep you don't know how many times range brass has been reloaded. I usually checked it for bulges, split case mouths, flattened or pierced primers but I'm sure I missed some.
which is why i asked for the last lane, as no one can step on the brass.......

it's all the other lanes, from 1 to 10, where people can easily step on brass.

that's the public range, which i ain't been to now for a month, since they jacked up membership by $75 and up per tier....i ain't gonna $325 membership for only 1 hour worth of time.

at my club, i go like at 6:30 AM, no one but me there....and stay as long as i want, and can go 24/7/365

which is why i asked for the last lane, as no one can step on the brass.......

it's all the other lanes, from 1 to 10, where people can easily step on brass.

that's the public range, which i ain't been to now for a month, since they jacked up membership by $75 and up per tier....i ain't gonna $325 membership for only 1 hour worth of time.

at my club, i go like at 6:30 AM, no one but me there....and stay as long as i want, and can go 24/7/365
I wish we had an indoor range in my area. We used to have 4 or 5 outdoor ranges, now we have none. The only range within a hundred miles is still about an 80 mile round trip. Dues are $325.00 a year. The range opens at 8:00AM and closes at sundown 7 days a week.

that surprises me that indoor/outdoor ranges are not available to you in a state like TX

my buddy in NV near Carson City(?) says i wouldn't be able to go about 30 miles without passing one.

i looked it up one time too, and there sure are a lot of 'em his way
There are numerous indoor ranges in multiple cities just none close to me. I don't want to drive 150 or more miles just to shoot in an indoor range. If there are some closer I don't know about them.

Back